Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (parkgirl)      Join Date: Nov 2001       01-11-2010, 11:59 AM Reply   
My latest go-to-lunch at work is:

Pre-make salad the night before, store in tupperware: Baby greens, spinach, grilled chicken breast, carrots, cucumber, avocado and Feta cheese. Toss with Light balsamic or Italian dressing.

Bring 2 medium whole wheat tortillas, heat 'em up in the micro, add salad, wrap and your set.

Add an apple or banana and maybe a protein shake (I do Muscle Milk LIGHT mixed w/ water post work-out as an afternoon snack - no comments JROD!!!!)
Old     (load)      Join Date: Jul 2003       01-11-2010, 12:05 PM Reply   
Eubanks--I do the same but on the BBQ, I will cook up 5-6 chicken breasts at a time and then just throw them in the fridge. I cook from frozen and sometimes just sprinkle with Montreal seasoning. Rice or brown rice, pack in small 1/2 cup tupperware, sprinkle with water before microwaving no problem.
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       01-11-2010, 12:34 PM Reply   
Sounds good guys. I'll let you know how it goes. I need to mix in some greens but I'm thinking the next couple of days will be baked chicken breast with a light rub on a bed of brown rice.

Breakfasts vary from banana, yogurt, and oatmeal. I'll eat almonds or a granola bar for a snack throughout the day.

Dinner tonight is Tilapia!
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       01-12-2010, 10:51 AM Reply   
Updated: Baked 2 chicken breasts last night which a little pecan rub. Popped one in the microwave today on a bed of brown rice for lunch...yummy! I thought it might be "rubbery" tasting but it was perfect. I guess those hormones they feed the caged chickens really make them taste good.

So the Cross Fit WOD today was ROUGH! I feel good though after having done it.
Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       01-12-2010, 10:55 AM Reply   
Does anyone have any suggestions on website or books for healthy meals? The wife and I have used Bob Greens The Best Life book and its great but looking for more options.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       01-12-2010, 11:04 AM Reply   
Andrea, had your salad creation for dinner last nite. D-licious!

I like all my vegatables diced when I eat them...weird, I know. but I've been using this thing for a few years. Keeps the mess down and perfect cuts all the time.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=10097012&sourceid=1500000000 000003260370&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=10097012

(Message edited by acurtis_ttu on January 12, 2010)
Old     (lizzyb)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-14-2010, 10:03 AM Reply   
This is a really helpful thread with some good ideas. I have been in the cycle of bringing a lean cuisine every day for lunch, because they're cheap and easy. I always add a piece of fresh fruit with it, but I'm still burnt out and also feel like I'm not getting any appropriate nutrients.

Does anyone have any advice on building up your immune system the natural way? I've been sick more in the last few months than I have in the last few years. It's got to come down to my poor diet.
Old     (megsswm)      Join Date: Jul 2009       01-14-2010, 10:23 AM Reply   
Matt-

Cooking LIght magazine is a great publication that I get each month with tons of easy recipes that are very healthy. I think a subscription is about $20 a year. They also have a website that archives all the recipes.