Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       10-16-2009, 9:26 AM Reply   
im sitting in photo class. and we have an assignment due next week. its basically just a bunch of pictures demonstrating the rule of thirds. do any of you have anything that really show off the rule of thirds? i figure these pictures will be a little more original then just pulling stuff off the first page of google images like most of the class will do.
wake related is preferred. but if you have something else cool. feel free to post it up!

thanks
Old     (hank_rearden)      Join Date: Sep 2009       10-16-2009, 9:36 AM Reply   
Here are some pretzels floating in the water.

Upload
Old     (bigdad)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-16-2009, 11:20 AM Reply   
Wow. what a completely useless reply to a thread.

Don't look any further than your profile picture. Granted it's not the best picture but it utilizes the rule of thirds. If it's a photo class... shouldn't it be your photo that you present?

Upload
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       10-16-2009, 12:33 PM Reply   
we have to find 4 photos that are not out own. and then 2 of our own. its a high school class.. its pretty pointless. i havnt learned anything i dont already know.
and it was pretty pointless reply
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       10-16-2009, 12:34 PM Reply   
BTW i see that your a police officer. im thinking about becoming a cop. this supper off topic. but what kind of schooling did you do to become one?
Old     (bigdad)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-16-2009, 12:54 PM Reply   
Well, I am a bit out of the norm. I have a degree from U.C. Berkeley. I recommend college education or military experience. The chances of getting hired when you are 21 are very slim unless you have one of the two experiences listed above. Even then, a lot of departments don't like taking a chances on someone so young. There is a tremendous amount of liability to the agency for someone without much life experience.

College is probably more favored. It's not all about chasing after bad guys. Most of the time you are writing reports or doing investigations. That is where a college education comes into play.
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       10-16-2009, 12:57 PM Reply   
thats what i thought. thanks for the reply. im 17 and graduate this year. and i still have no idea what i want to do. so im looking at different things. i dont want to hate going to work everyday.
anyways
back to rule of thirds. haha. im going out to the lake both days this weekend. and we are taking quite a few people. ill try and keep the rule of thirds in mind so i can use them for the pictures i of my own in the assignment. i still need 4 from other people though

(Message edited by lfrider92 on October 16, 2009)
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-16-2009, 12:59 PM Reply   
This might help.

http://digital-photography-school.com/rule-of-thirds
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       10-16-2009, 1:01 PM Reply   
thanks randy, but i know exactly what it is. im just looking for pictures for a project that are wake related
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-16-2009, 1:22 PM Reply   
Here are a couple photos that might work.

Upload

Upload

Upload
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       10-16-2009, 1:42 PM Reply   
those should work great. thanks so much
Old     (hank_rearden)      Join Date: Sep 2009       10-16-2009, 8:22 PM Reply   
It's too bad that so many clueless drones could not understand the humor buried in my post.

My daughter is also in a HS photo class. I would rather have her do her own work instead of posting on a forum during class and ask other people to do her work for her...
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       10-16-2009, 11:05 PM Reply   
"I would rather have her do her own work instead of posting on a forum during class and ask other people to do her work for her..."
Or, at least tell her that if she's gonna ask for help not to claim that she hasn't learned anything that she doesn't already know.

David, go check out any Alliance and look at how the shots are framed. The majority of them will have the rider off-center in the top third or left/right third...or both. More specifically, pay attention to how the 'big name' photogs frame their shots...guys like Letchworth, Meddock, Rodrigo, Soderlind and Cortese.
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       10-17-2009, 4:54 AM Reply   
hank.

coppied and pasted from my assignemnts (all assignments are posted online)

"• Find three photos online that illustrate the rule of thirds.
• Notice subject placement, use a simple background and notice the type of balance you choose for your photo.
• Take three more photos in our photo session.
• Have six photos to print on one sheet illustrating the rule of thirds…
• two must be your own or another students photo.
"

im not just asking people to do my work.
its the assignment. i could easliy have gone on google. but i would rather have something wake related. i thought it would be much cooler. and ill check it out scott. thanks you