Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 11, 2004

Old     (maristar210)      Join Date: Nov 2003       12-22-2003, 7:46 AM Reply   
anyone heard anything on the cable park in kc? www.kcwatersports.com does anyone have anymore info than what is on the site?
Old     (dtb)      Join Date: May 2002       12-22-2003, 10:36 AM Reply   
i had been watching for it to open last season, but last time i contacted them they said would open in the spring of 2004....don't know anything else except i supposedly have a pass for 2 hrs free once it opens.
Old     (badzuki)      Join Date: Sep 2001       12-22-2003, 10:47 AM Reply   
I heard they didn't get enough water to fill the holes. They were going to try to get water from the city but that must not have panned out. So they said it will be next year.

I can't wait, the DM crew is ready to head on down and do some riding and meet some of the locals. Day at the cables, then a day at the lake behind the boat sounds like a good weekend.
Old    mike_riffle            12-22-2003, 11:42 AM Reply   
Okay this is the skinny on the cable park. Talked to Mike last week and they will be open for business April 1, 2004. Last year we had a draught in this area and the lake had a hard time filling up. They did run a water line to the lake, but by the time the permit people and the water board voted on it, it was late August. We are not talking a couple hundred gallons of water. It was going to be in the millions of gallons. Everything is a go on this lake. Building is up and the cables, everything. Just now waiting on April 1.
Old     (maristar210)      Join Date: Nov 2003       12-22-2003, 8:24 PM Reply   
alright, thanks for all the info, i cant wait for it to finally open
Old     (bigjackamo)      Join Date: Aug 2002       12-23-2003, 6:17 AM Reply   
April 1st, that's funny. That's April Fools Day ????????????????????
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       12-23-2003, 9:28 PM Reply   
Phil, the real funny thing is people are trusting Riffle as the person that knows all......
Old    mike_riffle            12-24-2003, 7:33 AM Reply   
Hey, Hey, Hey, thats cold.
Old     (airfreak)      Join Date: Jul 2001       12-24-2003, 9:21 AM Reply   
Not as cold as this... :-)
So this is the person who knows all?

Old    mike_riffle            12-24-2003, 9:37 AM Reply   
ohhhhhhh, that hurts. Dont let the costume fool ya.
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       12-24-2003, 10:22 AM Reply   
Mike,
Just kidding, you're the man. Merry Christmas buddy, don't work too hard. You might start a trend with that backwards hat under the helmet. Neoprene jackets are in these days though!
Old     (mike_olson)      Join Date: Apr 2003       12-24-2003, 12:52 PM Reply   
Believe it or not, Riffle actually knows what he is talking about. (somebody had to defend poor Mike) I like the way Mike tried to give his Protec helmet the "Capix" look.

I just posted the latest update on our park on the "Cable Parks" thread on the main discussion board. Please check it out. I look forward to seeing everyone at the Sports Show. (just a couple of weeks away)
Old    mike_riffle            12-25-2003, 7:56 PM Reply   
Thanks Mike. I knew you woul back me up. See you in a week at the party.
Old    aka Bradley Beach            12-30-2003, 8:59 AM Reply   
Mike I'm keeping my comments to myself! See you at the Par-Tay!
Old    tfdhyprider            12-30-2003, 9:22 AM Reply   
i like the fact hes holding a diet coke. that and the "capix" helmet