Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (kyle_L)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-06-2011, 6:59 PM Reply   
Attached Images

Old     (irishrider92)      Join Date: Jun 2009       03-07-2011, 7:16 AM Reply   
sick man!
Old     (kyle_L)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-07-2011, 3:49 PM Reply   
Thanks Brian, it was the first time i have ever used photoshop. The last two (drews sw back 5 and my hoochie) i finally got the hang out them. The 7 and the double S took me so long to do and came out so much worse than the other two. The Double S was hard because of the angle and the 7 was shot with too much zoom. The height and distance of the 7 should be comparable to the bs 5, and on my glide the 1st picture I used was actually the one that has the most air because it gave me the widest space to work with. I actually landed a little further than the picture portrays. The key is definitely picking the right 1st shot and working from there. I did the same thing with the back 5 using the highest shot in the picture first and then worked from the kicker down. I guess that is how you are supposed to do it. The last two took me no more than 10 minutes each.
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       03-07-2011, 5:00 PM Reply   
They look good, I would suggest using fewer shots so the rider doesnt overlap. Nicely done though.
Old     (beretta5spd)      Join Date: Jan 2010       03-07-2011, 7:36 PM Reply   
You are right Kyle the "trick" to doing action sequences is finding which shot to start working with and then working from there. Great start, you'll soon be hooked if you aren't already!

I can vouch for how long it takes to learn how to do these. I just learned how to do them and I find to do them right (a bit of a perfectionist) it takes me over an hour. Although I hear CS5's new content aware feature could help bring that time down dramatically. When doing snowboard shots with a tripod it cuts that time in half, but it's useless using a tripod in a boat

Here are a few of my sequences from last year to check out. I find the water can be the hardest. A tool I always use is the smudge or smear tool to help blend in the new layer with the background layer as well. You really notice it immediately around the rider after you have drawn him in and then used the tool. I hope that makes sense. Just trying to help out with some things I learned on my own over this last summer.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...g?t=1299554773
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...g?t=1299555292
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...g?t=1299555363