Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (snyder)      Join Date: Feb 2006       02-01-2010, 10:24 AM Reply   
Watched that this weekend. It's my new favorite modern war movie.

I liked that it didn't have any big names in it. I couldn't have seen it being as good w/a "superstar" in any of those roles.

it was not gratuitously gorey, but real enough to be convincing.
kept me on the edge of my seat thru most of the movie. We didn't start watching it until about 10pm friday night and i stayed awake thru the end (i can't remember the last time i stayed awake for a movie past about 10:30 ;-)

Gamer on the other hand SUCKED!!!! didn't even make it thru 30 minutes.
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-01-2010, 10:54 AM Reply   
Thanks for the review. Been wanting to watch it, but every redbox I try to go to its sold out
Old     (bg__dereks_mom)      Join Date: Aug 2009       02-01-2010, 11:02 AM Reply   
Looking forward to when Lone Survivor comes out.
The Marcus Lutrell story of Operation Red wing.
If it is anywhere near as good as the book, it should be a great movie.
Old     (helinut)      Join Date: Apr 2007       02-01-2010, 3:57 PM Reply   
Hmm. I myself couldn't make it more than 20 minutes through this movie. Turned it off after he disarmed the first IED's. Maybe I just expected something different.

I've heard the same thing about Gamer from EVERYONE that went to see it or rented it.
Old    bigdtx            02-01-2010, 4:27 PM Reply   
I thought gamer was good, maybe that's because I saw surrogates first.
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       02-01-2010, 4:28 PM Reply   
I agree, Hurt Locker was great. I really didnt know what to expect from it (something along the lines of The Kingdom?), and it turned out to be awesome. Some nice little twists to it, without going overboard with attempted originality.
And yes, Gamer is a skidmark in the underpants of the career of every actor in it.
Old     (mendo247)      Join Date: Mar 2005       02-01-2010, 4:48 PM Reply   
EXCELLENT MOVIE!!
Old     (jerasu98)      Join Date: Aug 2005       02-01-2010, 6:05 PM Reply   
Of course Hurt Locker was good it was directed by the same person that gave us Point Break

You're sayin' the FBI's gonna pay me to learn to surf? - Johnny Utah
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       02-01-2010, 8:13 PM Reply   
I can't believe that anyone would see Gamer with the expectation of it being anything other then a P.O.S. The story, concept, previews.. all plain LAME. Silly.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       02-01-2010, 8:19 PM Reply   
anyone seen Crazy Heart? I heard it was good
Old     (skull)      Join Date: May 2002       02-02-2010, 5:33 AM Reply   
Rent "Taking Chance" and see if you can keep your eyes dry. Excellent flick but I never want to see it again.
Old     (bg__dereks_mom)      Join Date: Aug 2009       02-02-2010, 8:50 AM Reply   
Rob saw it too. I feel the same way as you. Very sad story.
Old     (jayson_49)      Join Date: May 2007       02-02-2010, 10:27 AM Reply   
"you're cold because all of your blood is rushing out of your body,......you're gonna be dead soon."
Point Break, one of my all time favorite movies
Old     (dav51lin)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-03-2010, 2:49 AM Reply   
i just watched zombieland - very good movie.
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-03-2010, 5:08 AM Reply   
Jayson, I agree! "Look at it! It's a once in a lifetime opportunity, man! Let me go out there and let me get one wave, just one wave before you take me in. I mean, come on man, where I am I gonna go? Cliffs on both sides! I'm not gonna paddle my way to New Zealand! Come on, compadre. Come on!"
Old     (bigdad)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-03-2010, 6:35 PM Reply   
I read Rob's post and thought "What kind of movie could bring big tough Rob to tears?"

Then I saw the trailer... took me about 20 seconds until I felt the lump in my throat.

Still want to watch it but in a way not looking forward to it.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       02-03-2010, 8:48 PM Reply   
wasn't blown away (no pun intended) but I enjoyed Hurt Locker
Old     (skull)      Join Date: May 2002       02-04-2010, 6:48 AM Reply   
Taking Chance was emotionally draining for me. It is very, very moving and well done but it took a lot out of me watching it. I'd highly suggest it to anyone. Puts things in perspective.

I liked Hurt Locker a lot but my opinion is similar to Wes. I plan to watch it again soon. I got a bit confused in a part or two.