Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 05, 2009

Old     (chrism4668)      Join Date: Sep 2007       12-22-2008, 3:36 AM Reply   
I went out riding on the weekend and i noticed a pain in my knee. It was on landings and the pain occured on the inside of my knee. Is anyone able to tell me if this means my bindings are on too much of an angle or not enough of an angle? Thanks chris
Old     (wake2wake_66)      Join Date: Nov 2008       12-22-2008, 10:26 AM Reply   
A friend of mine at my pro shop told me that if you are feeling pain in your knees then you should put your bindings on more of an angle, so that when you turn your body it is not as much tension on your knees. Make sense?
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       12-22-2008, 11:08 AM Reply   
I'd say that the width & duck to your stance is based on your body and how it likes to position. Get in a good wrestlers stance, knees bent with your chest over your hips, get your stance width and angle in a comfortable position where you can stand up and down without any pressure in your knee or ankle. Then replicate that stance on your board. IMO, good first step is to set it as wide as it goes.
Old     (chrism4668)      Join Date: Sep 2007       12-22-2008, 1:39 PM Reply   
they are all the way out and on B1 or B2 on hyperlite bindings so only slightly ducked
Old     (johndk)      Join Date: Aug 2008       12-22-2008, 6:26 PM Reply   
Too much duck in the rear leg causes me knee pain.
Old     (bawllaoutacontrol)      Join Date: Sep 2007       12-25-2008, 9:52 AM Reply   
i have a degree in health/fitness and i worked in a physical therapy clinic for awhile. if you have your feet ducked out then landings are gonna put more pressure on your mcl which is the ligament on the inside of your knee...its not bad to have them ducked out(i ride 6 degrees out) but you want to train your legs and make your quads stronger and stretch. if you have strong quads and stay limber it should take the pressure off. you really want to strengthen the outer thighs also.
Old     (chrism4668)      Join Date: Sep 2007       12-25-2008, 3:14 PM Reply   
POKE - I have strong legs through years of weights and sport. Would you suggest reducing the ducked stance? So making them a little straighter?
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       12-26-2008, 6:50 AM Reply   
The "healthiest" stance i have always heard is whatever stance results in your knees bending over the direction of your feet/toes. This is the quickest and easiest way to tell people what a general stance should be, all while keeping it defined in such a way that it takes into account that everyone's legs are different ;)
Old     (bawllaoutacontrol)      Join Date: Sep 2007       12-29-2008, 10:15 AM Reply   
chris...it all depends on how wide your stance is....if you can do a good squat down to a parallel position then you should be fine....my number one rule while working out is to do all exercises in that stance...so my squats and leg presses are all done in my wakeboarding stance.
Old     (luke_j)      Join Date: Jul 2008       12-30-2008, 7:56 AM Reply   
The wider you go, the more duck you need. I've been riding with my plates modified to get as wide as possible, and I have them set at 15 degrees ducked out. most folks use about 12 degrees max duck though