Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old     (hcrx311)      Join Date: Feb 2008       06-03-2008, 8:40 PM Reply   
Need some help with my progressive edging...

My backround...this is my 2nd season ever on a wakeboard or any water sports. The first whole season was behind a pontoon boat with no wake what so ever!

This season I have purchased a SN2001 and have rode behind it 4 times, this video being the 3rd. I am extremely new to the sport but I've read a lot here and watched a lot of videos also.

I am not really getting the pop I think I should be. I have not tried to put weight in the boat yet so the video is only 2 people in the boat. I'm guessing I am letting off my edge before the wake...but sometimes I feel I am coming to fast across (not in the video but other times...) So maybe I need to take a less approach?? or for some reason I'm not getting correct line tension. I am getting w2w, just not the pop...and yes I am definitely still a heelside hero, but I'm learning and trying..

Here is the video let me know what I can do.. Thanks!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2sSXw__95k

Also sorry for the crappy quality its from a phone, the only thing we had that day, I should have more videos soon..

PS- Line is at 65-70 ft I believe and I'm riding a 2006 LF omega 139...
Old     (tparider)      Join Date: Aug 2003       06-04-2008, 9:34 AM Reply   
Looks like you need to put a couple of sacs in the boat and make sure to hold your edge all the way through the wake. Also, you don't need to be waaaay out in the flats to start your cut in. Try 15 feet out and just make sure you're still on edge as you stand tall through the wake and push the handle down to your belt buckle.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       06-04-2008, 11:24 AM Reply   
better hit that TOESIDE!! don't ride across the wake, start bustin it!

Yea, you don't need speed to clear it, you need tension and a good edge. Setup right out side the whitewash. Roll to your edge and lean on it.