Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through December 20, 2006

Old     (jbg)      Join Date: Nov 2006       11-28-2006, 6:25 PM Reply   
Hi people, im having trouble with my perfect pass, it fluctuates up and down from the desired perfect pass setting by plus or minus 2mph. I know there is a setting KDW( throttle pull rate) and NN(paddle wheel filter factor). What do you supra 21v have theres set at. Standarad in the boat is KDW is 80 and NN is 120
Old     (jon_a)      Join Date: Feb 2003       11-28-2006, 6:53 PM Reply   
I put the KDW up around 210 and the NN at 80. The wakeboard prop helps with this greatly as well.
Old     (iman21)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-29-2006, 4:38 AM Reply   
Hey Jason we used to have the same problem until we upgraded the prop as well.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       11-29-2006, 7:04 AM Reply   
yeah we upgraded prop and run about 150 and 80 on the settings and takes care of the fluxuation
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       11-29-2006, 7:16 AM Reply   
use RPM mode, Absolutely 0 fluctuation.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       11-29-2006, 8:04 AM Reply   
RPM mode is typically for Sking. It will not take into account the times you are running extra weight and people in the boat.
Someone may be able to clarify this better....
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       11-29-2006, 8:20 AM Reply   
rpm mode works best for me. Boat is weighed to capacity , then you find your desired speed and wake, then set that rpm and 0 speed fluctuation. Perfect!
No matter how hard the rider pulls out, how sharp you turn the boat, speed is always exact! Wake is always perfect.
It is what I as well as my six other crew members use on their boats(star, BU, sanger, SAN, B52, Enzo) as well. Try it, you wont use wakeboard mode again.
If your wakeboard mode is working for you - then dont switch, but if its not holding true and crisp at all times, then try rpm, it works unbelievably well.
Old     (wakeprodigy)      Join Date: Oct 2002       11-29-2006, 12:01 PM Reply   
I have to somewhat agree with Miquel. Speed mode doesn't work worth a crap on my boat even after much adjustment. However, RPM mode works great for traveling in a straight path, but drops speed in turn-arounds and d-ups.
Old     (bbr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-30-2006, 8:25 PM Reply   
I went out today and tryed the RPM mode. I have to say that it worked like a charm. We run about 2800lbs and it didn't lunge forward or have to slow down much at all. I think that I'm convinced.
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       12-01-2006, 7:13 AM Reply   
Told you so!
Old     (jbg)      Join Date: Nov 2006       12-01-2006, 11:19 PM Reply   
Gday fellas, thanks for the help,ive got the wakeboard prop and adjusted the perfect pass as the same as Jon Allen. I run the upgraded sacks in my boat, total of 1800lbs (900kg)1000lbs up front and 400 each side i think.
Perfect pass stayed within .5 within in the speed range which is great. Boat still struggles doing doubles as it speeds up to much as we go into them. (small River, tight turns). Next time i go out i will try rpm mode and see how this goes, thanks for the help.