Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old     (wake_pimp)      Join Date: Sep 2003       08-15-2005, 6:24 AM Reply   
It seems everytime I throw it I bruise my left butt cheek. I think that means I'm coming up short. Do you think I'm "throwing" it too soon? Any ideas?

Thx in advance.
Old                08-15-2005, 8:43 AM Reply   
pop late off the wake... almost like you think it will be too late to pop.
Old                08-24-2005, 6:08 AM Reply   
whats up, when cutting in dont lean over to get on edge, lean down the rope so as you ride up the wake you can push your board out in front of you and trip your toes at the top of the wake. this is trip flip so you must shove the board in front of you to get the pop and trip your toes and the tip of the wake. as soon as you get the pop down the trick throws itself, and you will know when you get it.
Old                08-24-2005, 7:00 AM Reply   
also, the bigger you take it, the easier it is going to be
Old     (wake_pimp)      Join Date: Sep 2003       08-24-2005, 9:34 AM Reply   
Scott

I'm having a hard time visualizing what you mean by "lean down the rope". Is there another way you can describe that?
Old                08-24-2005, 10:11 AM Reply   
dont bend over at your waist for this trick. keep your knees slightly bent, back tall, and lean away from the boat against the rope to build a nice progressive edge into the wake.
Old                09-11-2005, 4:02 PM Reply   
exactly what cody said. you must stay straight up when edging in otherwise as you approach the wake it make difficult to shove your board in front of your body to igniate the trip flip. Almost imagine shoving your toes into the tip of the wake, and if your board is not out in front of you when you shove your toes than you will just flip over the front with no pop. so you must stand tall, at the bottom of the wake start to push your board in front of you ( away from the boat) shove your toes in the top of the wake and this will do the trick for you. you hardly have to throw your head or your upper body at all. the pop throws the flip and letting go with your lead hand pulls the FS 180. it also helps to edge out wide, and come in hard. the harder you come in and shove your toes, the bigger you will go