Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 23, 2004

Old     (dkmode34)      Join Date: Mar 2004       09-04-2004, 11:47 PM Reply   
ok ive decided that i might be purchasing a new boat here pretty soon. i was looking on ebay and this is really wierd that this boat is so cheap but it has like 200+ hours on it. COuld u knowledged folk out their kinda look and tell me about this boat plus i have looked around the web and i really cant find anywere that says if it throws a wake or not. any help will do thanks.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=63686&item=2488889 166&rd=1
Old     (dbjts)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-05-2004, 1:00 AM Reply   
How cheap is it ? the reserve has not been met yet could be $100,000
Old     (dkmode34)      Join Date: Mar 2004       09-05-2004, 12:46 PM Reply   
i dont know how do i ind out what the reserve is? does the boat actually look like it would throw a wake?
Old     (dbjts)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-05-2004, 1:11 PM Reply   
You only find out what the reserve is when the bidding reaches the reserve. Or you could EMail the guy and ask what the reserve is, the boat looks good to me
Old    parkswakeboardr            09-05-2004, 1:38 PM Reply   
You should buy a mastercraft x-star or x-2. I have the x-star and x-2 and they are awsome. They have the best wake for wakeboarding and they are really nice boats. The interior is really nice too. The x-star is about $70,000 and the X-2 is about $60,00. They also have used ones in some places. Get a mastercraft!!!
Old     (dkmode34)      Join Date: Mar 2004       09-05-2004, 5:08 PM Reply   
well sh@$$# if i had 70000 bucks i would be at the lake right now tearing it up off of my bright orange x star but then i wake up and im just an 18 year old college student who is paying for it by myself. thanks though.
im talking realistically here like 20000
Old     (tparider)      Join Date: Aug 2003       09-05-2004, 6:13 PM Reply   
just email the seller and ask him what the reserve is.
Old     (yooper)      Join Date: Jun 2002       09-05-2004, 6:38 PM Reply   
Ryan,
You only have an X-star and an X-2? If I were you, I'd also get a Wakesetter and a Nautique. What if some of your buddies don't like a Mastercraft wake? You really should have a few more options.....
With a separate tow vehicle for each. I'd start with a suburban Denali, an Excursion and F250 for the Ford fans and maybe a Cayenne.
You can get some other toys as you get a bit older, but that would be a good start for a 17 year old.
Old     (dkmode34)      Join Date: Mar 2004       09-05-2004, 6:57 PM Reply   
how do u afford an x star and an x2 ryan.
Old    byerly137pro            09-05-2004, 7:59 PM Reply   
He must be really rich and really spoiled, but why do you need both, I don't understand?
Old     (gnelson)      Join Date: Jun 2003       09-05-2004, 9:05 PM Reply   
Wes,

I would say that boat would be a great first boat for you if you could get it for the right price. Check NADA.com for a good idea on what you should pay. I believe that boat is a direct drive so youll probably need to add some weight at a later time but to answer your question I think it would be a solid starter boat. I have a centurion and am very pleased with it. Good Luck
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       09-05-2004, 9:40 PM Reply   
Wes,
It will probably throw a decent wake, nothing fancy with the stock ballast. You will have to ride at a shorter rope length. If you add 2 additional fat sacs and some people you could get a really nice wake. I have a malibu response lx just like that boat. With a bunch of people, wedge, and 800lbs of water the wake is pretty nice.
Old     (bbr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-05-2004, 10:03 PM Reply   
If you can find a Malibu for around the same price, buy it. Not trying to dampen anything that you have going, but Centurions, no matter how much weight you put in them, don't perform that well. If you put the same weight into a Malibu, the wake will be much bigger and harder. I have a friend that used to have the same boat, sold it and bought a Malibu Response LX. With 3 fat sacs the wake is big. The Centurions' wake folds really easy. Listen to Leo and me, buy a Malibu, and you won't have to shorten the rope or slow down. Check out www.boattraderonline.com and you'll find something decent around your price range. Good luck.
www.westsidewakeboard.com
Old     (dkmode34)      Join Date: Mar 2004       09-05-2004, 10:06 PM Reply   
thats cool but i still want to find out if maybee ryan could loan me a mastercraft for maybe like 1 year thats all i want with it then i will just borrow another one.
Old    prowakeboarder            09-06-2004, 4:07 PM Reply   
wes i have that same boat yes it throws a wake the wake is decent enough to get you through your first spins and inverts but to get the wake bigger you can just add fat sacs and add led bars under the seats but remeber dont break the weight limit of the boat that is a big ass fine
Old     (dkmode34)      Join Date: Mar 2004       09-06-2004, 8:47 PM Reply   
so r there any other sites that have boats for sale cause i only found 1 wakeboard boat on boattrader .com
Old     (gnelson)      Join Date: Jun 2003       09-06-2004, 9:02 PM Reply   
boattrader.com is loaded with wakeboard boats. Not sure how your searching but you should be able to find quite a few. As far as Centurions not performing that well no matter how much weight you add, well I think thats just hog wash. Like I said before I think that boat would work for you if it fits your pocket book. Malibus are good boats but there are tons of boats that will fit your needs. Try searching by brand (ie Centurion, Malibu, Sanger, Mastercraft, etc).
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       09-06-2004, 9:11 PM Reply   
I really think any boat will put out a decent wake as long as you add some weight to it. And adding weight means needing a large engine, that is why a direct drive or v-drive is the best for wakeboarding. Sure you can weight and I/O but the getting that baby to plane is tought with a 180hp engine.
Old     (airrantz)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-07-2004, 8:55 AM Reply   
Boattraderonline.com is your best bet for finding a boat. Search by manufacturer such as Centurion, Malibu, Correct Craft, etc. Also if you type the manufacturers name in the keyword more boats may come up. Sometimes people place ads in a weird way so that one search brings them up and one search doesn't. Also Flipsell.com has a ton of boats on it. Iboats.com can be of some help as well. Good luck finding a boat. I know a lot of people have been happy buying a used Nautique Super Sport or Sport. It is the same hull design as the Super Air Nautique and can throw a really good wake. Used Mastercraft Prostar 205V are the same hull as the X-2 and will throw an awesome wake too. Both these boats are really desireable though because they are a good buy for a really good wake so they sell pretty quick.
Old    snoobs            09-07-2004, 9:39 AM Reply   
flipsell.com