Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 10, 2007

Old     (raftisland)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-15-2007, 2:53 PM Reply   
would it be to big for someone who weighs 160 pound and is 6 feet tall?
Old     (game_over)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-15-2007, 2:57 PM Reply   
your willing to pay 400+ dollars for a wack ass board that has parks name on it?
Old     (nwsjake10)      Join Date: Feb 2007       08-15-2007, 2:58 PM Reply   
here we go..
Old     (maliburyder)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-15-2007, 3:04 PM Reply   
That wack ass board has helped me stomp more tricks than any other board I've ridden. The only thing about "ass" is that it will get you some. Game over!
Old     (raftisland)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-15-2007, 3:06 PM Reply   
Trey i wasnt asking how much it cost. i was asking if it would be to big.
Old     (duckguy)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-15-2007, 3:11 PM Reply   
Hey Hey ,Trey is Gay, Everyday, and I dont play, No way.

(Message edited by duckguy on August 15, 2007)
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       08-15-2007, 3:17 PM Reply   
no, a 139 would be a good length for your height and weight
Old     (charman)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-15-2007, 3:32 PM Reply   
i ride a 139 3ds and im 160 max. i like it.
Old     (game_over)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-15-2007, 3:56 PM Reply   
Hey Hey, matt lick my sack, your wack, and thats a fact..get that shiot outta here

Dont give me that you can stomp all kinds of tricks because you have parks board. Why dont you actually try riding one before you make judgements. Im sure once you ride one youll have a different story than the one your trying to portray. and yea 139 is fine but id definitely demo it before you join the newb train and order something because of the name.
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       08-15-2007, 4:00 PM Reply   
go home Trey

139 would be about right for you raftisland
Old     (raftisland)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-15-2007, 4:09 PM Reply   
thanks for all your input.

trey is everyone that rdes the parks board a newb? Did i ever say i wasnt going to demo it? And im not going to just buy a board because of its name. trey maybe you should think before you talk.
Old     (game_over)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-15-2007, 4:14 PM Reply   
Did i ever write about you not demoing?, no i recommended you demo it. Did I write about everyone who rides a parks board is a newb? Nope, i implied that buying a board before you ride it is a newb thing to do (which would mean your buying a board because of its name, not its function). FYi-i dont talk, i type..Now maybe you should read before you type

(Message edited by game_over on August 15, 2007)
Old     (knarbar)      Join Date: Nov 2006       08-15-2007, 4:17 PM Reply   
What a deuche... anyway ride what you want bro the 139 will be fine youll get a bit more pop outta the bigger board and may loose a little on the spin side compared to a shorter ibex but its your choice. trey... chill son its only a wakeboard.
Old     (fro169)      Join Date: Feb 2006       08-15-2007, 4:27 PM Reply   
hey man i just got the 139 ibex. its a bad a$$ board!!!!!!! i also have the 52 byerly legacy which doesnt compare. all the guys that ride w/ me use my board and theirs stay in the racks. anyway i am 5'11 and 170 and it perfect
Old     (brttkrz)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-15-2007, 8:59 PM Reply   
I just got the 139 ibex as well and love it. I have ridden the parks board for a few years now and i like this new one better than his old ones. It is because of the function not the looks and the name. I find it a little more forgiving than his old boards which i really liked. The pop off this board is unreal. I am also 5'11" and 175 lbs
Old     (brttkrz)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-15-2007, 9:01 PM Reply   
Oh and i didn't demo it first either. for one i don't have anyplace i can demo boards around here. The dealers don't allow it which i was upset with but they are the only place that carried it around here. Second i really liked his old boards and didn't think this one could be to much different
Old     (maliburyder)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-16-2007, 9:04 AM Reply   
Trey, you don't have to demo a board to know if it's going to work for you. I would put money down that I could ride the Ibex better than you can ride anything. Newb? I've been riding on wakeboards for over 11 years now, so I think I know a little bit about boards and how they ride. Don't get bent out of shape because you don't know what your talking about.
Old     (game_over)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-16-2007, 9:13 AM Reply   
hahahaha ok mase-on where you from maybe we can put some money down on whos a better rider. Ive been riding just aslong buddy.
Old     (helix_rider)      Join Date: Mar 2003       08-16-2007, 9:17 AM Reply   
Steps on pedestal...

Just a friendly reminder seeing as how even though both of you have been riding a long time, from your registration you haven't been on Wakeworld a long time. This site is not like other unnamed sites. We like to help/encourage people here, while giving our true opinions. No need to resort to getting nasty...there are other sites for that. Thanks.

Steps down...
Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-16-2007, 9:27 AM Reply   
how does the ibex land? i use to ride the ONE and loved it but i found it landed like a brick :-(
Old     (game_over)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-16-2007, 9:35 AM Reply   
Im a wakeboard instructor for the summer and a snowboard instructor for the winter. I dont usually get on the internet to type to random people so this website never intereested me until lately.

Entrust- i find that the board lands identical to the one.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-16-2007, 10:10 AM Reply   
Whhhoaaa, instructor?!?!? That means you're totally awesome!! I bet you have a lot of return customers with the type of attitude and personality you portray here. Bet you won't risk stating exactly where you are an instructor.
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       08-16-2007, 10:14 AM Reply   
Probably means he teaches little kids how to get up on a wakeboard for the first time at summer camp.
Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       08-16-2007, 10:21 AM Reply   
A-Dub....dude...Trey is new here....don't rip on him man. Totally not cool. The kind of sarcassam you display, could be the reason he does not get onto websites much. the website did not interest him "until lately". Welcome Trey....like A Dub told me once....everyone is entitled to their opinions. Good to know about the landing....I realy didn't care for the One board for that extact reason. So I most likely would not like the IBEX either. If ever an IBEX is available where I could ride it, I will take it for a whirl. So I will keep an open mind until then. but good to know that the landing might be a little rough. Now i can possibly expect that if ever given the chance to test the IBEX. But remember some shapes work better for different riders. A lot of people did not care for my Frontier board. No worries, it works for me. But same token...tried a few other boards recently that I like better than my Frontier. Just my thoughts and opinions!
Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       08-16-2007, 10:22 AM Reply   
A-Dub....dude...Trey is new here....don't rip on him man. Totally not cool. The kind of sarcassam you display, could be the reason he does not get onto websites much. the website did not interest him "until lately". Welcome Trey....like A Dub told me once....everyone is entitled to their opinions. Good to know about the landing....I really didn't care for the One board for that exact reason. So I most likely would not like the IBEX either. If ever an IBEX is available where I could ride it, I will take it for a whirl. So I will keep an open mind until then. but good to know that the landing might be a little rough. Now i can possibly expect that if ever given the chance to test the IBEX. But remember some shapes work better for different riders. A lot of people did not care for my Frontier board. No worries, it works for me. But same token...tried a few other boards recently that I like better than my Frontier. Just my thoughts and opinions!
Old     (whitie)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-16-2007, 10:40 AM Reply   
I will say this I'm pretty sure that if I owned a WB camp You would not work there if i read such wonderful comments like these.

By Trey H. (game_over) on Wednesday, August 15, 2007 - 2:57 pm:
your willing to pay 400+ dollars for a wack ass board that has parks name on it?
By Trey H. (game_over) on Wednesday, August 15, 2007 - 3:56 pm:
Hey Hey, matt lick my sack, your wack, and thats a fact..get that shiot outta here

Dont give me that you can stomp all kinds of tricks because you have parks board. Why dont you actually try riding one before you make judgements. Im sure once you ride one youll have a different story than the one your trying to portray. and yea 139 is fine but id definitely demo it before you join the newb train and order something because of the name.

Do you even know this guy? While confidence will help you excel as a rider being cocky will have you come off ass being a A****le
Old     (game_over)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-16-2007, 11:12 AM Reply   
You know what Greg, im glad I dont work at your camp. I teach dedicated wakeboard enthusiast that the board does not make the rider. That is why i dont limit my self to one board i ride all different kinds.

And for you kids out there saying Im not a good rider..How about you check out my younger brother Justin Harrelson who just recently won the mid summer classic. Ive been riding for aslong as he has although im not as competitive as he has taken it. Im proud of where ive taken wakeboarding. Nothing better than to see new generations having the same interest that I did when i was 10 years old. And im sorry that Im able to express myself and tell you honest facts instead of some junk you hear in a magazine ad. Stop being so butt-hurt because I dont like a board. Thats my opinion either you like it or you dont

(Message edited by game_over on August 16, 2007)
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       08-16-2007, 11:22 AM Reply   
so what camp are you the instructor at?
Old     (helix_rider)      Join Date: Mar 2003       08-16-2007, 11:26 AM Reply   
Trey, all that we are asking is that you treat people on the discussion board like you would treat them in person. Just because you don't know them doesn't mean you can't be civil. Chill...
Old     (ronnyboy27)      Join Date: Nov 2005       08-16-2007, 11:33 AM Reply   
Loren - Amen to what she said!

Greg - Well put!
Old     (helinut)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-16-2007, 11:42 AM Reply   
Yeah the simple statement could have been, "I'm not a fan of the board" Would have saved me about 5 minutes of reading :-)
Old     (robin_holland)      Join Date: May 2006       08-16-2007, 11:58 AM Reply   
But how is the board, just give a good review please
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-16-2007, 12:02 PM Reply   
You need to quit diggin and put the shovel away. Got a pretty big ego for someone older than 26! I don't care if you're good or not, expressing yourself and being honest instead of a mag ad is not, "You want this wack board cause of the name?" calling people newb's for purchasing a board before trying it? You need to realize if it weren't for these people that you are bashing you wouldn't have a job at camp, teaching wakeboarding enthusiasts. Maybe state why you don't think the board is good? Or maybe answer someones question rather than bash?
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       08-16-2007, 12:15 PM Reply   
Now i've seen a few pissers in my day, but this one is BULLs#iT!! You both fight like girls!! Mase and Trey. A couple of morons with nothing to say, and they won't f'king SHUTUP! at least make it interesting!

Raftisland, I think that size is perfect!

as you were...
Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       08-16-2007, 12:16 PM Reply   
I agree with A Dub. Greg and Loren. I didn't realize what was being said until I went back and reread the posts. So all apologies A Dub. Trey dude....keep the peace bro. Everyone here loves to board. And every stick will be different to everyone on how it rides. Some boards work for some...and those same boards will not work for others. That is the bottom line.
Old     (game_over)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-16-2007, 12:39 PM Reply   
Like I said, I speak my mind. If you dont like it you dont like it. Im not going to sugar coat my answers to please the few.I wasnt raised that way. Im a cocky person, I have confidence in myself and Im not affraid to express it. And your wrong, I would still have a job whether that board was there or not. Im not a saleman im an instructor and a college student.Since Ive been working i have noticed there are two types of riders on the water, the ones that want to keep up with the fasion aspect of wakeboarding (which is fine), and the ones that dont give a damn what there riding aslong as there ripping it. Now you be the judge on whos going to be the better rider. Im all for going out and buying the newest board on the market. But when you come out and I have to teach some kid who is pissed because he spent all his money on a new board without demoing it and thinking its going to change his performance it becomes depressing for both of us. Technology hasnt changed enough in the past couple of years to where one board is going to make you a superstar. I guarantee you I could ride a board 4 years older than your parks and still stomp just as hard as I did If i was riding the IBEX. That is the point i am trying to prove.

Now for the gents wanting to know why I am not a fan-

The pop is the same as its always been, the board is just as hard to control as its ever been. And the landings are definitely not fun.

Now if thats worth the 400 dollars for the new shiney metal look then awesome let it rip. But dont tell me your buying it because its going to help you ride better than anyother board out there.

I wasnt trying to make you guys feel upset, i just stick to the rude awakening comments
Old     (helix_rider)      Join Date: Mar 2003       08-16-2007, 12:49 PM Reply   
Speaking your mind is no problem. I agree with you on the Parks, uncontrollable buck. But I like a continuous rocker. I would argue, however, that the more advanced riders are going to drift towards the more advanced rockers. Look at many of the pros, riding either subtle or full blown 3-stage rockers...and they all kill it. So while the board isn't for me, I'm not going to say that its a 'piece' and that you are a poser for wanting to buy one. I'll just say, 'I prefer the 3DS because of its consistent pop. But in reference to your question, I think the 139 is right on for your size'.
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       08-16-2007, 12:54 PM Reply   
what camp do you instruct at Trey?
Old     (lfshane132)      Join Date: Jan 2007       08-16-2007, 1:29 PM Reply   
benjamin, shut up. its over.
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       08-16-2007, 1:33 PM Reply   
it is not over till the fat lady sings.

I'd also like to know....
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-16-2007, 1:41 PM Reply   
go away max.

"And your wrong, I would still have a job whether that board was there or not."

Ummmm, what? If it weren't for people buying new boards, and supporting the wakeboard industry, the market would not be big enough to accomodate wakeboard schools such as the one you instruct at. Plus if there weren't Pro models all pros would probably HAVE to instruct, thus also taking your job away. Therefore you would not have the lucky azz job that you have. I agree with you on technology, you've got a darn good point, but that point has nothing to do with what size is right for someone, and I hope your school doesn't have a shop where you don't promote new technology.

For being such a badass you're very shy in giving your credentials.......... so now I'm interested even more, what school?
Old     (game_over)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-16-2007, 1:52 PM Reply   
*sigh* - "keep poking at me, i just might snap and you can have the thrill of seeing me upset"..Apparently i have to keep repeating the same thing over so that mr. A-dub will get the message im trying to say..lets make this clear

I AM ALL FOR BUYING NEW BOARDS etc. BUT DONT TELL ME YOUR BUYING IT BECAUSE IT HELPS YOU IMPROVE YOUR PERFORMANCE.

Are you really that childish to figure out where I work at so that you can call up and try your hardest to remove me from my occupation?

Are you that hurt because I dont like a freaking board you like. Lol What are they feeding you over there? Soy milk?

A-dub just stop, I know you want that last word in but it gets old
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-16-2007, 2:15 PM Reply   
Haha, you keep changing your point dude! And then you start calling me out on s&^t? First off, I don't have an Ibex or Parks board, that's something you assumed just as the other stuff in half of your posts. Who are you talking to? You are lumping every poster here into one person. I don't care if you have a job or not, I'm not going to do anything, just want to see if you have the balls to post it after all the stuff you've said, which you obviously don't. You are an immature waste of a wakeboarder, I was giving you the benefit of the doubt of just being a stupid newb on this board, but now you have directly offended me. First, go buy a book of jokes, Soy milk? Yeah. What are you? Almost 30? Get a life brah!!! Welcome to wakeworld!!
Old     (number55)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-16-2007, 2:21 PM Reply   
trey, you do realize that the ibex doesnt even have parks' name on it? and my buddy just got his at a shop in central cal. for 300 bucks....
Old     (game_over)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-16-2007, 2:22 PM Reply   
"Now if thats worth the 400 dollars for the new shiney metal look then awesome let it rip. But dont tell me your buying it because its going to help you ride better than anyother board out there.
"

keep changing my points huh?
Old     (ronnyboy27)      Join Date: Nov 2005       08-16-2007, 2:27 PM Reply   
I've decided to buy this board I'm just trying to decide which size to get. I ride a 138 right now but I'm thinking about going to the 144. I weigh around 195 and am 5'10". Any thoughts?
Old     (number55)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-16-2007, 2:28 PM Reply   
its pretty wide so you can afford to ride it in a shorter size.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-16-2007, 2:34 PM Reply   
Quit playing dodgeball dude..... I already agreed with you on that and you keep re-iterating it. You dodge all the ski-school stuff. This has come down to respect, and you don't have (didn't show) any for fellow wakeboarders, and their personal feelings regarding boards. You jump to assumptions that posters on here are just like your students at your little summer camp, buying for looks and not performance (or expecting performance, whichever way you're sliding). That kind of stuff gets to me too, and I'm sure you see it a lot more than most. But your personal and ski school problems aren't whats going on here on this board, and jumping to assumptions like you did only make people get defensive.
Old     (game_over)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-16-2007, 2:53 PM Reply   
haha now im jumping to assumptions. Isnt that ironic? Your whole freaking post is an assumption. Quite frankly i give a rats ass about my respect on the internet, id rather have respect on the water which i do have. All you do is keep going back at points ive already proven then when i prove them again you act like you werent talking about that. That my friend is dodgeball. Im done talking to you. Apparently you enjoy fighting verbally on the internet or you wouldnt have instigated it this long now would you?

Number55- stick with the 139
Old     (ronnyboy27)      Join Date: Nov 2005       08-16-2007, 2:53 PM Reply   
everyone chill it's not that important. size recommendations for me?
Old     (number55)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-16-2007, 3:01 PM Reply   
ron- go with the 139, the 144 is just to big for your size.
Old     (nwsjake10)      Join Date: Feb 2007       08-16-2007, 3:14 PM Reply   
haha, you know whats funny..read the times of when this post thread first started, and then when trey made his opinions of the board, notice the time and what i said right after it was posted..i think i've got a bit of nostrodomas(sp) in me.
Old     (helix_rider)      Join Date: Mar 2003       08-16-2007, 3:33 PM Reply   
I was thinking the same thing. Are any numbers floating around in your head...I could use say, 6 of them for the lottery :-)
Old     (brttkrz)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-16-2007, 3:48 PM Reply   
I have noticed that the shiny metal color comes off very easily under the bindings and has seemed to fade pretty quickly. Has anyone else had a problem with this on this board.

(Message edited by brttkrz on August 16, 2007)
Old     (nwsjake10)      Join Date: Feb 2007       08-16-2007, 4:14 PM Reply   
hahaha loren you're too much!
Old     (goinbigg17)      Join Date: Jul 2002       08-16-2007, 4:21 PM Reply   
I have been reading this thread all day and it gave me a great thrill at work. Thank you.

The one thing that has stuck in my mind though is.....if Trey is a wakeboard instructor, doesn't that mean he works during the day, hence he should not be on here posting ALL day long?
Old     (nwsjake10)      Join Date: Feb 2007       08-16-2007, 4:23 PM Reply   
sound effects: (dun, dun dunnnnnn)
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       08-16-2007, 5:20 PM Reply   
I was only asking what school you work at because I don't believe you. I think you just got caught up in the heat of the moment and blurted out "I'm a wakeboard instructor!" kind of like how Loyd said "It's ok I'm a limo driver!" but seriously, I would assume that you would have to be a tad bit more professional to be in that field...
Old     (nasty530)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-16-2007, 5:43 PM Reply   
I am pretty new here and find all of this quite amazing. I was pretty sure that this site and this sport was one that pulled together and help eachother improve not to talk ish to eachother. I understand that there will always be people trying to pick a fight but IMO this is taking it pretty far. This post was for help on a simple thing "would it be to big for someone who weighs 160 pound and is 6 feet tall?". He did not ask people opinions or interjections about the ride of the board. Its like talking crap about someones car when they really love their car. It all senseless. If this post was all I had seen and I had not seen the other posts of people ACTUALLY helping eachother, I would choose another site.

just my .02 cents...
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       08-16-2007, 6:06 PM Reply   
You're exactly right Trevor, this site is for helping people that's why all the wakeworlders jump on someone when they make silly and rude comments like Trey did.
Old     (game_over)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-16-2007, 6:26 PM Reply   
sorry to bust your bubble but i work on summers. School starts on monday FYI. Then once winter break comes along im in colorado.
Old     (game_over)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-16-2007, 6:28 PM Reply   
Now if you were smart you would have researched my brother and im sure you could figure out where i worked at for this summer.
Old     (raftisland)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-16-2007, 6:53 PM Reply   
ok well i think i got everyones opinion. sorry i didnt know by posting a simple question that there would be a huge argument over it. anyways thanks everyone who helped me.
Old     (game_over)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-16-2007, 6:55 PM Reply   
your welcome..

haha sorry i had to
Old     (sdmjr)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-16-2007, 9:46 PM Reply   
Hey Trey I bet you taught at lonestar waterski school & wakeboard camp in huston just like your brother. Am I close ? let us know.
Old     (knarbar)      Join Date: Nov 2006       08-17-2007, 10:22 AM Reply   
He wont let us know. If he was so sure of himself he would put it out there
Old     (fro169)      Join Date: Feb 2006       08-17-2007, 10:27 AM Reply   
god this post sounds like a conversation you would hear on a 5th grade playground!!!! TO SUM IT UP THE IBEX ROCKS !!!!!!!!
Old     (chad_chinners)      Join Date: Mar 2006       08-17-2007, 11:53 AM Reply   
Dave what happened to poster of the month. My vote is for Raftisland.