Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old    actyourage            08-01-2002, 9:21 AM Reply   
I am getting so frustrated with this trick. I tried it like 10 times last night. 4 times I had good rotation and landed the board fairly flat on the water then the tip would catch. The people in the boat said I am standing up to tall. after I pop off of the wake do I need to try and tuck my knees to rotate faster and take up the shock of landing? also should I be bending my knees during the progressive edge to the wake? I see a lot of videos where guys are almost dragging their butt on the water when edging to the wake.
Old    stylin5150            08-01-2002, 9:59 AM Reply   
Only 10 times..... this trick is one of the most frustrating but once you have it ...you got it forever. I probably tried it at least 100 times minimum. Edge hard like youre going huge and hold that edge most all the way up the wake. Stand tall as you near the top and you will feel it pop you. Then kick you're legs up and look back with you're head towards youre back shoulder. You don't really need to be tucked in for this one... but if you pop it right the pop will generate most of you're rotation. As for landing I alwasy land with the handel in my front hand. If you keep two hands on the handle it tends to bring you to revert... just keep trying you'll get it here soon.
Old     (aquaholic)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-01-2002, 10:49 AM Reply   
Bob, I've thrown hundreds as well and am just now getting somewhat consistant. I think it's an age thing The one thing that has helped me is to keep my elbows bent and pinned to my side through the whole rotation. I don't take a real hard cut either and try to hit the wake in a more upright position. Good luck!
Old    actyourage            08-01-2002, 11:31 AM Reply   
Thanks so much for the responses. I tried 10 times last night, other than that I am right with you guys in the hundreds of tries. At least I don't feel so bad that I have been working on this for so long. I can feel that I am gettting closer to landing it.
Old    brianthomas            08-01-2002, 12:16 PM Reply   
my friend landed his the second time he tried it. It made me so mad.
Old    westcoastrider            08-12-2002, 12:04 AM Reply   
Holy crap youve had to try 100 times. This is the easiest roll in the world. I learned in two outings on a MAXUM! No tower no pylon V6 I/O. And you don't need to edge hard either if you do it right. You just need a nice progressive edge. When your in the air you will feel the rope tug pull to your hips land with your shoulders over your knees and ride away.
Old    eyesman            08-12-2002, 11:02 AM Reply   
David,

Just a little lesson in etiquette.
Unless you know these guys?? - No need to toot your own horn where others are having trouble. You came across like a real dick-head. How about some positive reinforcement next time.
Old    stylin5150            08-13-2002, 9:59 PM Reply   
Ya you did come across as a dick. I mean what if everyone came out here and was like i can do this, this, this, and this. We all learn at dufferent paces but the end result isnt what matters its that smile on our face. Bob man did you end up landing the backroll? I know it's one of my fave tricks now i just have get a tantrum and stick it.
Old    chad_martin            08-14-2002, 1:22 PM Reply   
David:

It must be cool to rip like you. Please.... Let us know how good you are, and how much we suck every chance you get.
Old    actyourage            08-14-2002, 1:32 PM Reply   
If I can train myself to wait until the board releases off of the wake I actually over rotate on it. I am geting closer and expect to land one soon. I just bought a new board so I have laid off trying until I get used to the board.
Old     (tennyson0)      Join Date: Jun 2002       08-14-2002, 2:48 PM Reply   
Bob,
I can do like 5 different inverts (not tooting my horn I hope) and the backroll, which is supposed to be the easiest, is still the most inconsitent for me. I used to think I needed to really throw the rotation really hard because I was so freaking afraid of landing nose first. I have since learned that it is, and should be, a very smooth and relaxed flip. Try to concentrate on getting really good pop off of the wake. This will allow you to float your rotation a little more and, as a result, you should have more control, both in the air and on the landing. This has helped me alot but it is still a 1 in 3 type trick for me. Keep trying and try not to get too frustrated this sport was designed for fun, or was it pain?! Oh well good luck and let us know when you stick it!