Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (pegzy07)      Join Date: Jun 2008       06-07-2010, 7:49 AM Reply   
Could anyone tell me more about this model of boat? I am looking into buying and fixing this up. Obviously needs a lot of work.

Your help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Eric

http://stlouis.craigslist.org/boa/1772419576.html
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       06-07-2010, 8:37 AM Reply   
It's a Euro F3 Skier. It was the step up from the Malibu Skier they made the same year. I've never skied behind one, though we had a Malibu Skier of the same year that with a lot of weight actually had a really nice wake. The boat has a pretty tall transom for that year of ski boat which would allow you to add some weight. You could probably add a tower and new interior and a lot of elbow grease and have a great boat for $3-4k.
Old     (pegzy07)      Join Date: Jun 2008       06-07-2010, 9:36 AM Reply   
Thanks for the feed back nate. I am going to look into it a little more. I think this boat might be perfect what i am wanting to do, barefoot, wakeboard, slalom, waterski and pull my neice and nephews on the tube. The boom would be perfect for teaching the little ones to waterski and eventually wakeboard. Once again thanks i really appreciate it.
Old     (huskykr)      Join Date: Nov 2007       06-07-2010, 10:09 AM Reply   
Good boat for the usage you described.

I owned a '91 Skier for 8 years and loved it. My primary use was slalom and that boat has a great wake. I'm sure it would do good for barefoot also. Can't comment much on the wakeboard wake, but we did play a little with it and had fun.

We ended up moving up to a larger boat for the space. Like any closed bow direct drive from that era, more than 4 people gets cramped really fast. The only usable space for stuff you need to get to is directly behind the drivers seat. A tower with board/ski racks would help.

Also, Malibu went to all fiberglass in '93, so check the floors closely. From the looks of the interior, I'd expect soft floors.

I believe I have an old Waterski Mag. review of that boat if you'd be interested in seeing it. PM me and I'll scan and send you a copy.

Good luck