Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-11-2008, 6:21 PM Reply   
For some reason, I can't get two videos that I want on wakepics uploaded, and it's slightly frustrating. One of them I have in two formats, one of which I have gotten on wakepics before, and the other one is in .wmv, and neither will upload. Help?
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       06-11-2008, 6:44 PM Reply   
Is the video over 20mb?
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-11-2008, 7:08 PM Reply   
from my understanding, wakepics can handle 100mb uploads now. i'll contact mr. wakepics.
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-11-2008, 7:12 PM Reply   
one of them is. But one is only 6, and it won't upload either... I've uploaded one that was 35 megs as well though, so yeah... Is 20 the limit? I can't find where it tells the limits and stuff.
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       06-11-2008, 7:47 PM Reply   
Wow 100 mb is great! I'm assuming there is no pixel size limit either?
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-12-2008, 7:41 AM Reply   
Lookin to me like the upload limit is 40 megs.
Old     (cramey)      Join Date: Jun 2001       06-12-2008, 7:58 AM Reply   
The official limit is 95MB. At least that is what i put in the configuration as the most memory allowed for a single thread.

If you keep the movie under 80mb, you should be more than fine. Also be aware, i believe there is a maximum time of 600 or 1200 seconds (i can't remember right now, i'm at work) to upload a video. If you are on a slow connection, or it takes longer to upload, it may fail.

No pixel limit, it will automagically format the video to 4x3 or 16x9 (yeehaw).

Nick, if you are continuing to have problems send me an email, admin@wakepics.com, and i'll look into the issue.

Hopefully you guys enjoy the newly redesigned site.
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-12-2008, 10:00 AM Reply   
I'll try it again. The file is 40.7 megs or something like that. I got the small one uploaded successfully last night, but the one that I would really like up there isn't seeming to work. It's probably my crappy internet connection. Cable out here in the boonies sucks, go figure.