Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through November 04, 2009

Old     (illini88)      Join Date: Oct 2007       09-21-2009, 11:36 AM Reply   
Is there a way to tighten up Roswell swivel racks? It seems that with time they get a little play in them.
Old     (gotsumgas)      Join Date: Jul 2008       09-21-2009, 11:48 AM Reply   
yeah, buy the S.I Manual swivels. Mine can in last wk and are great.
Old     (thescott)      Join Date: Nov 2007       09-21-2009, 11:49 AM Reply   
If you have the ones with the push buttons on the bottom, there is no way to tighten them up. And they will eventually start to break free while underway. Roswell is replacing them under warranty with their manual pin swivels. I had mine replaced - the new swivels are solid. I really liked the push button, but these have almost no play. Contact Scott at Roswell (email the link on their site). He'll hook you up.
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-21-2009, 12:01 PM Reply   
If you boat is an 06 or older with the swivel rack, Roswell will not cover it under warranty. But they will replace them with a new design for about 100 bucks. I just did it for my 06 24v last week and my racks should be here Wed.
Old     (99_slaunch)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-21-2009, 1:06 PM Reply   
You will like the manual design much better.
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       10-16-2009, 11:00 AM Reply   
Blair, how your rack upgrade work out? Do you have any pics you can post? Thanks dude.
Old     (bazel)      Join Date: Oct 2001       10-16-2009, 12:03 PM Reply   
Please post some pics of the new ones.
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       10-16-2009, 12:10 PM Reply   
I love my new racks, It was worth every penny. Its so much easier to explain to people how to use it and there is no play at all in the new rack. I'll get some pics up this weekend.
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       10-16-2009, 12:15 PM Reply   
Randy,
How's the shoulder doing, I wish I could have made it out there Sunday morning.
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       10-16-2009, 12:18 PM Reply   
Cool deal Blair. Do they send you a whole new rack that you swap out and send your old one's back or is it just the swivel part? Mike could have used you out there Sunday. He was the lone ranger. All I'm allowed to do is drive until the doc releases me. PT is painful, but considering it was a partial shoulder replacement, I think I'm ahead of the curve. Still shooting for mid November if I can get some strength back.
Old     (thescott)      Join Date: Nov 2007       10-16-2009, 12:22 PM Reply   
Here you go. I don't have any pics of them mounted, but you get the idea.
Upload

or here - http://www.roswellwakeair.com/content/view/41/71/
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       10-16-2009, 12:28 PM Reply   
Sounds good, They send you a new swivel part. It took about 10 min each rack its real easy, but with one arm you might need alittle assistance LOL.

I went out to Oak Hollow sunday afternoon I was the only boat on the lake. I tried to see if mike and you wanted to go but he said he couldn't make it.
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       10-16-2009, 12:38 PM Reply   
I'll make it out there one day. Mike and I both buy that NFL Total Access package every year. For what they charge, we usually try to be home to hit up all the games starting at 1 on Sunday. Definitely need to get our moneys worth out of it.
Old     (sandm)      Join Date: Sep 2009       10-16-2009, 3:30 PM Reply   
I received mine in the mail on monday and installed them. much nicer piece for the $100.

my only complaint is the chrome. the rest of the supra tower is a brushed finish, including the old roswell spinner and rack. this one does not match at all. stands out like a sore thumb. having a bud polish the rest of the wakeboard rack so at least it will look like it's all chrome..

otherwise a great investment..
Old     (99_slaunch)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-16-2009, 5:17 PM Reply   
They are not chrome they are just polished. All of the Supra racks and swivels I have seen are polished and only the tower is brushe. Got pics of the old stuff?
Old     (sandm)      Join Date: Sep 2009       10-19-2009, 4:16 PM Reply   
here ya go. looks brushed, not polished, but maybe it's just dull. def. not the same as the spinner. my old pushbutton spinners were the exact same finish as the racks are..
tried some chrome polish last spring when I got the boat(was one year old) and they never looked much different than the tower, and never looked like the new swivels that showed up...
Upload
Old     (99_slaunch)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-19-2009, 5:20 PM Reply   
Ya that is polished. They do look dull though. Try mothers wheel polish. It's like a paste. Put it on a rag and rubb in a 4" area. It will turn black then polish with a clean rag. Mine need to be done again. Those foose power ball polishg wheels for a drill work good and cuts down on labor.
Old     (craig_f)      Join Date: Feb 2008       10-20-2009, 7:46 PM Reply   
Have the same racks, and the previous owner NEVER cleaned them. I could never get them looking how we wanted, so we just powder coated em.
Old     (big_b_21v)      Join Date: Oct 2006       10-20-2009, 9:48 PM Reply   
We did the same thing with the 2006 that we had. They were much easier to keep clean powdercoated.
We went through every option that they had for the swivels. First we had the 3 button model that lasted 1 month before we had problems.
So we paid $100 to upgrade to the 2007 model with the one button bottom. These lasted most of the next summer and then the racks started releasing on there own and swinging into the boat.
The last option before we sold the boat was the solid pin option that by the way was a free warrantee option back when we paid the $100 for the one button bottom option in 2007.
Its interesting that they are now charging for the solid pin and the 2009's and 2010's have switched away from Roswell altogether.
If we still had the Supra, and I had to pay anything I would be upgrading to the Titan's