Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 26, 2009

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-23-2009, 7:49 AM Reply   
http://www.corinthianmarine.com/carpet/index.php
I was able to play around with some drop in carpets from a local Nautique dealer. They didnt end up fitting my boat. I contacted them and they told me I could make a template (photo) and send it to them for a quote and they could make me custom carpets. The carpets that I played with had a rubber bottom with little spikes just like you see in car floor mat's. I made a template and sent it to them. I found out that they no longer make or have the carpet with the spikes! The drop in carpet that they use for the custom mat's has a rubber bottom that made to be used on bare fiberglass floors. Im guessing with out the grippers the carpet is gonna move all over the place and not work out. They quoted me like $700 for the carpets. Any advice or company's that make the carpet's with the rubber spikes made to be used with boats that have carpet.
Upload
Old     (lsukuntryboy)      Join Date: Jul 2007       04-23-2009, 8:40 AM Reply   
im sure that someone will. most of them are snapin carpets though. they just put snaps at the corners of the carpet. That how i have seen them. but the centurions that i have here also have the rubber spikes on the bottom.
Old     (lsukuntryboy)      Join Date: Jul 2007       04-23-2009, 8:41 AM Reply   
i just googled it and this is the first link i came up with.

http://www.snapincarpet.com/
Old     (baschralper)      Join Date: Dec 2001       04-23-2009, 9:28 AM Reply   
Hey Grant,

Kyle here....this is who Malibu uses for their drop in carpets. They will do all kinds of custom work. They also use the rubber with spikes on the bottom and will do any kind of custom coloring or graphics you want in the carpet design.

R & R Textiles, Inc
9850 Se Main St, Milwaukie, OR 97222-7498

Contact Phone: (503) 786-3678

this is the contact info that I had before Ultimate closed, but i'm sure it's the same. If not a quick call to malibu would lend the phone number to them.

Anxious to see how this turns out for you homie.
Old     (05elitevc4)      Join Date: Jan 2008       04-23-2009, 9:29 AM Reply   
My centurion has snap in/out carpet. The bottom of it is not spikes. It is like a textured rubber. If your carpet was one piece I dont think it would move around in your boat, and put a few snaps in the corners and maybe one or two down the sides. I think you should be good to go. $700 seems like a lot of money though. Can an apholstery shop help out at all???
Old     (wake1823)      Join Date: Dec 2005       04-23-2009, 10:14 AM Reply   
$700 seems about right, with labor and materials. Good marine quality carpet is expensive.
Old     (dukeno1)      Join Date: May 2006       04-23-2009, 3:00 PM Reply   
I just recently found a carpet saver on ebay for my boat, and got a great deal imo...200 plus shipping. It is made by R&R Textiles I believe. It has the rubber spikes on the bottom. So far I love it! So much softer to walk on even though the carpet in my boat is still in great shape. I am glad I got it but no way I could drop 700 bones for one!
Old     (soundbox)      Join Date: Oct 2007       04-23-2009, 11:01 PM Reply   
We just did one in an older X-Star last week. It had the same type of carpet you are talking about but was ok after adding snaps to the corners. I know we have access to the spiked rubber backing that we use for custom floor mats. I will ask tomorrow if they would be willing to make it from a template and what widths the spiked material comes in.
Old     (bjeremi)      Join Date: Mar 2006       04-24-2009, 4:46 AM Reply   
Grant, I was think of doing this myself has well. What would stop you from using your own template and cutting the carpet yourself screwing in some snaps and then taking your cut carpet to an upolstery shop to put the edge stiching (whatever they call it) on and some snaps.
Old     (konaking)      Join Date: Mar 2008       04-24-2009, 5:48 AM Reply   
They call it binding and nothing should stop from DIY
Old     (soundbox)      Join Date: Oct 2007       04-24-2009, 11:50 AM Reply   
Grant - PM sent.
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-24-2009, 11:54 AM Reply   
http://www.corinthianmarine.com/

I had my V-drive done for 300 hundred
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-24-2009, 2:29 PM Reply   
Corinthian marine has 2 types of carpet. The kind of carpet I want has the rubber spikes. I guess they can't cut the kind with the rubber spikes??? The kind with the rubber spikes is supposedly computer cut and they only have the temples for the newer Malibu's and they can’t or will not hand cut the rubber backed spiked stuff for custom job's. So when you order custom carpets you get the smooth rubber backed stuff. The kind that only works well with bare fiberglass floors. They said they are working on a process to cut the rubber-spiked stuff.
Old     (wakemikey)      Join Date: Mar 2008       04-24-2009, 3:32 PM Reply   
So this carpet you would just set on top of the old carpet? No snaps or anything? I'm having trouble imagining it not looking a bit ghetto... but my old carpet is pretty worn, and hard to replace or so I hear.
Old     (weazy)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-25-2009, 10:05 PM Reply   
I ordered a carpet savor for my malibu and did not like it! It kept on moving to back of the boat and if you didn't take it out after a long day and let it dry out under neath it would start smelling like mildew! I found out the hard way and have not used it sense. Save your money it is not worth it and buy your self a good carpet cleaner!! Ps I have a grey carpet kit for a 05 Malibu Wakesetter for sale???