Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (kevfran99)      Join Date: Aug 2008       10-15-2008, 12:58 PM Reply   
I'm 6'3" 220 and I have a CWB Tsunami wakesurf board. Am I too big for this board? I find that I have to be very close to the boat to surf without a rope. I can do it, but i'm only a couple of inches from the platform on my 08 SAN 210 Team with extra 500lbs ballast.
Old     (tige21i)      Join Date: Mar 2008       10-15-2008, 1:55 PM Reply   
how is the weight distributed and is it a V-drive? That could make a difference.
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       10-15-2008, 2:01 PM Reply   
I think you'll want more weight in the boat anyway but it will help with your free-riding. My son is about your size and has the same trouble on our Tsunami unless we really load the boat down. A bigger board will help also.
Old     (kevfran99)      Join Date: Aug 2008       10-15-2008, 2:06 PM Reply   
V-drive.....yes it's a Super Air Nautique with 900 lbs factory ballast and my additional 500. I usually empty the starboard ballast, fill the belly and port. I put one sack ontop of the factory tank on the port side and put the other on the back of the floor in center.

if my board is too small what do you suggest? I want a board that I can do tricks with!
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-15-2008, 2:35 PM Reply   
Check out the inland boards, the blue lake or red woody. They both are bigger, but still perform pretty well. I know lance uses the blue lake and gets air pretty well. Inland has a dvd where they show their boards being ridden pretty well.

The other option is to go to someone like TWP or SMED to build you a board at a custom size.

Stay away from boards like the landlock, they are bigger, and will float you well, but they do not perform. Great for learning, not much after.
Old     (jc57)      Join Date: Jul 2008       10-15-2008, 6:14 PM Reply   
You might want to try throwin some Lead in there. It's easier to fine tune the wake and concentrate all the weight in one confined area.
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       10-15-2008, 9:55 PM Reply   
i would dump the belly tank and put the sack on the floor up on the seats on the side
Old     (kevfran99)      Join Date: Aug 2008       10-17-2008, 7:00 PM Reply   
Crappy weather here in Atlanta today. Will be heading back out Sunday and I will report back!