Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 08, 2008

Old     (idrumyay)      Join Date: Jan 2008       04-18-2008, 3:13 PM Reply   
Hey, I was just wondering how different the wake is on the 07 x-star when just the stock ballast is used, compared to when all the fly0high sacks are set up. I'm sure it's still going to be a great wake, but is it a pretty noticeable difference? I just recently rode an 07 x-star with the fly high sacks and it was awesome. My buddy's 07 x-star hasn't been taken out yet so I'm not sure what to expect with just stock. Also, how much extra weight does that set up add on top of stock? I found somewhere where I could get 2 500 lb fat sacks for $100 and I'm thinkin about getting them.
Old     (blakep)      Join Date: May 2007       04-18-2008, 3:42 PM Reply   
the fly high system adds about 2500 lbs on top of the stock ballast.
yah the wake is really good with out extra weight but when you add the fly high system to it the wake is killer!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       04-18-2008, 4:00 PM Reply   
Depends on what you are used to riding. Like most stock wakes, it's going to be okay if you are used to riding slower speeds / ropes.

If you are used to riding 24 mph, 80 feet, behind a slammed boat, the stock wake will suck for you, again, like any other boat.

2500 pounds is good for starters. The Xstar holds it's shape well as you add weight, and gets harder as you speed up. Def my favorite.
Old     (snork)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-23-2008, 8:44 AM Reply   
100 bucks for Fly High fat sacks?