Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeskating

Old    xxhavocskatexx            06-14-2004, 9:02 PM Reply   
ive been skateboarding for about 2 1/2 and i got up on a wakeboard first try and i was wondering if i should get a wake skate i hear there hard but im afraid that i wont be able 2 get up on one after i buy it and i will be wasteing 100 bucks...so is it hard 2 get up on one and how long did it take you 2 get up on one
Old     (jamie_lamar)      Join Date: Mar 2004       06-15-2004, 5:58 AM Reply   
This last weekend I went with some family to our lake house. I had 4 people who had never heard of a wakeskate and only 2 of them had wakeboarded before. I was able to get all 4 of them up the first day and I had one get up on her first try. There are several different ways to get up depending on your style. This weekend I showed three different starts, deep water, heel, and one similar to wakeboard starts. It is easier than it looks and you think… Personally I don’t think you can go wrong getting a wakeskate because you can ride it behind anything and have a good time.
Old    xxhavocskatexx            06-15-2004, 11:47 AM Reply   
thx im gonna get one this weekend
Old    afxsguy            06-15-2004, 12:02 PM Reply   
i agree with jamie, you can be behind anything and still have fun. wakeboarding demands a nice wake when you start getting into tricks and stuff. wakeskating doesn't. i still like wakeboarding more, but wakeskating keeps growing on me.

have fun!
Old     (jamie_lamar)      Join Date: Mar 2004       06-15-2004, 12:12 PM Reply   
If you have never been on one, check with a local shop for a demo. Not sure what you like in a board, but the two things I found was most flat boards are super loose, and wood is heavy. I went with Hyperlite 116 Grubb and everyone who has been on it hasn’t had any problems. I’m stepping down to the 107 Byerly for more board control because of my height. I also like the foam over grip tape. Grip is good with or without shoes and its nice when you fall.
Old     (malibususpect)      Join Date: Mar 2003       06-15-2004, 2:33 PM Reply   
check out the kampus k39 its a sweet skate and their are alot of them going for cheap on ebay
Old    newbiesk8er            08-03-2004, 3:34 PM Reply   
if u can get up on a wakeboard u can get up on a wakeskate.... its not that hard.
Old    muckmeister            08-04-2004, 9:40 PM Reply   
I am with malibu, I just got a K39 for cheap and it is very slick!!!!!!