Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (bfa)      Join Date: Dec 2005       09-12-2006, 9:14 PM Reply   
I have been practising eveything you guys recommended. I can pump up and down the wake, do floaters, lip slides and go on one knee. I also started on my belly, made it up to my knees and than to standing (with the rope) but it was still fun.
Now I am ready for more. Any hints on how to do a 360. I have watched the videos but am not sure how to start. I also would like to get some air. Do you cut straight up into the wake ? I am not a skateboarder so everything is new to me.
I ride a yellow loogey and a phase 5 oogle. Which would be easier to try these on.
Thanks
Old     (cassetteboy777)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-12-2006, 9:26 PM Reply   
alright for the 3 you want to start back deep in the pocket, gain speed and start moving close to the deck, once close to the boat, start you 180 and then try to break you back fins loose, you can do this by leaning on the nose, literally, a tip to this is pushing you head straight into the wake, then finish spinning the full 3 and ride away smooth
Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       09-13-2006, 8:29 AM Reply   
good luck with 360s on the phase 5. i ride a phas 5 prop and can not spin a 360 on it, it has a sharp edge and it just digs in. i make it about 270 and the front edge digs into the water everytime, i have seen it done on the board i just haven't been able to do it. i can 360 on my LF surf though
Old     (bfa)      Join Date: Dec 2005       09-13-2006, 1:34 PM Reply   
Maybe I will try it on the yellow loogey first. I was hoping to get out today but a storm just rolled in.