Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (jrich)      Join Date: Oct 2009       03-25-2013, 7:32 AM Reply   
Anyone heard anything about this or know ab it? I did a google search but didnt find much.
Old    Axis22            03-25-2013, 12:14 PM Reply   
I know for a fact that they are building one of the largest cable parks in the world in Emerson ga that is supposed to open June 1 of this year it's is owned by terminus wake and it will be 15 min away from my house I can't wait!!!
Old     (jrich)      Join Date: Oct 2009       03-25-2013, 7:45 PM Reply   
http://cablewakeparks.us/AboutUs/index.html

If you go to that link it has a name for the one on Jekyll island but doesn't have anymore info. I have heard ab terminus and all but didn't know it was opening that soon. I also heard from a pretty reliable source that Valdosta will be upgrading to a full system by the end of this year. That would be awesome if ga ended up with 3 full cable parks.
Old     (VinnyA)      Join Date: Aug 2011       03-26-2013, 10:04 AM Reply   
is this the same Jekyll island where the US Federal Reserve was created on?
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       03-26-2013, 10:14 AM Reply   
Only one Jekyll Island in the US
Old     (baska)      Join Date: Oct 2012       03-26-2013, 4:08 PM Reply   
Well, I've tried to contact guys from Terminus and from the Lake Point Community few times (first time in mid 2012), but still no answer. Few people asked about the cablepark at lakepoint fb page but ended up without any info as well. No updates, no official info, no nothing.
Old     (biggator)      Join Date: Jul 2010       03-27-2013, 6:43 AM Reply   
I was asking some people around here about the Terminus/Wake Atlanta/LakePoint thing.. I'd figure locals would know something. So far, no. Can anyone confirm that it's actually under construction?
Old     (BamaLurker)      Join Date: Dec 2011       03-27-2013, 1:13 PM Reply   
Valdosta is amazing. Such a good vibe down there with those guys. They are making progress on getting a full size cable but this place is a blast as a stand alone 2.0 park.
Old     (RobertPlattBell)      Join Date: Apr 2013       04-16-2013, 6:45 AM Reply   
I am researching the history of the Rixen Cable WaterSki park on Jekyll Island for a video on "Hidden Jekyll".

When I first came to Jekyll in the late 1980's, the Rixen (tm) system was in place, but it looked abandoned or not used very much. The park was near the present-day water park (slides and such) and was in a large rectangular pond, presumably dug out for such a purpose.

In the early 1990's, as I recall, the hardware (cables, tow lines, pulleys, etc.) disappeared, leaving only the towers in place. I believe they too, are now gone.

The Jekyll Island Authority has made Ski Rixen Pond (it is still called that) into a salt water fishing site, with two new floating docks and other facilities for those who want to salt water fish, but don't own a boat.

The ski building is now a kayak and nature center.

I will try to post a video on YouTube later this year, showing the site.

So, sorry, as far as I know there WAS a Rixen-system cable park on Jekyll Island, but I know of no plans to re-install it. Given the investment made to make the existing pond into a fishing site, it seems unlikely they will bring the Rixen system back to Jekyll anytime soon.

The island is undergoing a lot of renovations, including miles of bike trails around the island and through the maritime forest. See; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4zJ3DihBL4

It seems the Authority is going for more of an Eco-friendly sort of theme on the island, and I am not sure cable-waterskiing fits into this, at the present time.

That's a shame, as it would attract a younger crowd to the island, too.

Regards,

--Bob.
Old     (bcail)      Join Date: Aug 2007       04-22-2013, 12:15 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axis22 View Post
I know for a fact that they are building one of the largest cable parks in the world in Emerson ga that is supposed to open June 1 of this year it's is owned by terminus wake and it will be 15 min away from my house I can't wait!!!
I don't think they will make June 1st, the construction isn't set to be complete until mid July. I'm okay with that as it will still be the closest part to Tuscaloosa, AL. Just ready for a cable park that isn't a day long drive away.