Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 17, 2008

Old     (regalado1)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-01-2006, 7:31 AM Reply   
Does anybody ride Millerton Lake? Never been there, but it's close to home. Wondering how it is?
AnT
Old     (ldr)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-01-2006, 7:49 AM Reply   
Get there early. From 7-9:30 it's good. But anytime after that it starts to get crowded and blown out. Unfortunately there aren't any coves to protect you from the power turners paradise. If you ever need a third let me know.
Old     (regalado1)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-01-2006, 8:28 AM Reply   
Thanks Matt,
Might take you up on that.
Old     (wakehype)      Join Date: Dec 2002       02-01-2006, 12:55 PM Reply   
What's up guys. I agree with Matt. 7-9:30 is about it. However, during the weekdays, in the evenings, you can find good water. We have found alot of good water around 6pm any tuesday-thursday. Good luck.
Old     (rothy)      Join Date: Jul 2005       02-01-2006, 1:28 PM Reply   
It's gotta be better than Bass Lake!! Ever try Redenger or Hensley?
Old     (wakehype)      Join Date: Dec 2002       02-01-2006, 1:42 PM Reply   
Yeah I have ridden Redinger and Hensley. bolth good lakes
Old     (mr_incredible)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-07-2006, 8:56 PM Reply   
yea dont wasted your time on the weekends at millerton cuz u absolutly no chance of finding any good water but in the morning on weekdays its pretty good and sometimes theres really good water in the late afternoon but im getting my new boat here within the next moth or so so ill be needin 3rds or just a cool crew to ride with me.
Old     (fullspeed)      Join Date: Oct 2005 Location: Santa Cruz County CA       02-07-2006, 11:48 PM Reply   
I've never been on Millerton lake, but been there twice to check out the conditions. Both times I was there it was really windy, white caps even. It was around 10:30 am. I was on my way to Shaver Lake. Now that is the worst lake ever is Shaver Lake. Bolders sticking out of the water and some just under the surface with out warning bueys. Bass lake is better than Shaver, but not by much. Bass lake cost a ton just for the Permit to have your boat there and the sheriff's there are A-holes. Fun lake to party at especially on Friday nights, Live band every Friday @ Bass Lake.

Sorry for the ramble, Millerton looked blown out.
Brannon
Old     (ldr)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-08-2006, 7:52 AM Reply   
Tony check your PM.
Old     (jro)      Join Date: Sep 2002       02-08-2006, 9:46 AM Reply   
I grew up in Fresno and Millerton slowly got more and more crowded. We would go early Sat morning for the most part. Other than that we would go to Hensley until August (Gets nasty goop in the water) and Eastman, which is nothing but fisherman.
Old     (mr_incredible)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-08-2006, 12:21 PM Reply   
ok ive been tryin to figure out how to check my PM and i have no idea so can someone please:-) help me out... thanks
Old     (wakestar8878)      Join Date: Oct 2003       02-08-2006, 12:35 PM Reply   
Tony - The PM gets sent to your normal e-mail. It will say something like: "Congratulations you have received a message from Wake World member (ldr)."

(Message edited by wakestar8878 on February 08, 2006)
Old     (mr_incredible)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-08-2006, 1:10 PM Reply   
o sweet thanks man