Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 24, 2008

Old     (lsv_doc)      Join Date: Jun 2003       02-21-2008, 2:21 PM Reply   
Trying to get my 8 year old daughter up this year, if you have any young kids up for the first time please post to show her. She needs some confidence.
Old     (absoluteboarder)      Join Date: Aug 2002       02-21-2008, 2:35 PM Reply   
mikey was 9 and got up behind the boat on his second try. But I beach started him on the beach like below until he could ride longer than i could run.....maybe 20feet before i go down. on a 134 board it is easy for them to get out while you are pulling them (running)

Upload
Upload
Old     (lsv_doc)      Join Date: Jun 2003       02-21-2008, 2:39 PM Reply   
great idea on the shallow water pull, I can do this at some of the sandbars that are 1 ft deep.
Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       02-21-2008, 3:12 PM Reply   
I have worked with a lot of kids both skiing and wakeboarding. I find to have someone who knows how to ride be in the water with them to give them confidence and direction and demonstrate positioning before their first few pulls with the boat. Great example Mike Z! Another good idea is to strap them in the board and turn them on their face down in the water and have them flip over on their back. That way they won't panic when they have their first faceplant behind the boat.
Old     (aliwake)      Join Date: Dec 2006       02-21-2008, 3:32 PM Reply   
My friends' daughter last weekend. She's 5!

Upload
Old     (dansmith)      Join Date: Aug 2006       02-21-2008, 3:42 PM Reply   
I've posted this before...

Upload

My 7 & 10 year old daughters. Both started at 6. My oldest also slalom skis & can run the course.
Old     (da_kamp)      Join Date: Jan 2008       02-21-2008, 3:45 PM Reply   
I started right before i turned 7 and and i was a little thing for that age, shouldn't be any trouble for her
Old     (dansmith)      Join Date: Aug 2006       02-21-2008, 3:48 PM Reply   
Here's another shot of my oldest getting a little air. She was 9 when I took this one.

Upload
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       02-21-2008, 3:58 PM Reply   
My son at 7 behind our old I/O.
Upload

Last year at 8
Upload
Upload

We tow very slow.
Old     (phatsac)      Join Date: Feb 2007       02-21-2008, 5:13 PM Reply   
www.xmoomba98.com click on "Jackie Lee"
Old     (rvh3)      Join Date: Jul 2003       02-21-2008, 5:46 PM Reply   
Here's my daughter Morgan at 5 years old. Letting go of the line and sinking was her favorite part.Upload
Old     (rvh3)      Join Date: Jul 2003       02-21-2008, 5:49 PM Reply   
Or her first time up.Upload
Old     (otown_dave)      Join Date: Dec 2007       02-21-2008, 7:24 PM Reply   
When I started teaching my 7 y/o we started in shallow water. I pulled him by hand to get a feel for the board. We worked on this until he was comfortable. Then we went to the boat. I stayed in the water with him & his grampa pulled him. It only took a few tries & he was up & riding!

(Message edited by otown_dave on February 21, 2008)
Old     (lsv_doc)      Join Date: Jun 2003       02-23-2008, 8:42 AM Reply   
Great ideas! Lexi}
Old     (andyw)      Join Date: May 2006       02-23-2008, 7:55 PM Reply   
Here are some pics of my five year old boy and 3 year old girl. We started my three year old boy on skis, than he went on a hydroslide, and than the wakeboard. The problem with this approach was that it was very hard to get him off the hydroslide. My daughter we have bypassed the hydroslide and gone straight to the wakeboard. I would recommend taking it very slow with the little guys. One bad day and they may not try again for a while. I pull my daughter around in shallow water. She has learned what the pull feels like and what it feels like to fall on her stomach. She is still not ready to go behind the boat. She does occasionally ride with me on my board.

My 3 year old daughter learning to wakeboard
Upload
Upload

My 5 year old son learning to hit a slider made out of 2 windsurfers
Upload

Riding the cable park
Upload

Hitting a kicker at the cable park.
Upload
Old     (lsv_doc)      Join Date: Jun 2003       02-24-2008, 3:59 PM Reply   
I think I am building my confidence now! -*Lexi*
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       02-24-2008, 4:20 PM Reply   
Wow kudos to all these kids but that last little ripper is a stud
Old     (absoluteboarder)      Join Date: Aug 2002       02-24-2008, 4:51 PM Reply   
.....hey lexi you can do it!.......we are rooting for you !....next time lets hear how you did it!......go go go