Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Girls Who Ride

Old                11-01-2004, 9:03 PM Reply   
Are there any winter waking (Delta) girls out there. We have a pretty strong crew during the winter and hit the water practically every Saturday, I'm wondering how many other girls are out there who have their own drysuit and are looking for a tow?
Old     (tcluv85)      Join Date: Jan 2004       11-02-2004, 5:08 AM Reply   
Teri - Can I hit you up if I make it down to the Delta at some this winter? I have a drysuit.

I am going to try to wakeboard through the winter in Seattle. There are a couple of guys that call themselves Northwest Hardcore Crew and I boarded with them last weekend. I hope to continue through the winter riding with them whenever possible. We will see how strong I really am in that 40 degree water.
Old                11-02-2004, 9:11 AM Reply   
For sure ... Just hit me up before you come down so that I can make sure we have room on the boat for you and we will be out on the water!
Old     (p1emt)      Join Date: Sep 2004       11-02-2004, 11:30 AM Reply   
We wakeboard through the winter !! No dry suit for me yet but still riding 1 to 2 times aweek !! If you guys ever want to come down to Anderson let us know ..We have the SothBayBoards that ride all winter !!!
Old     (nikki)      Join Date: May 2004       11-03-2004, 5:57 PM Reply   
Teri, im definately going to be riding all winter.... If you ever want an extra rider, i live in sac so let me know im always up (well with the exception of when im at work or school you know the unimportant stuff....)
Old                11-03-2004, 7:21 PM Reply   
Nicole, I most likely won't be riding this weekend due to a double ear infection... Looks like I might be forced to hit the white stuff, but I can you in contact with my regular boat if you like they are going this weekend....Saturday.

(Message edited by jetgofish on November 03, 2004)
Old     (sherman)      Join Date: Feb 2002       11-06-2004, 7:18 PM Reply   
teri you missed a great day of butter. only one dumb sh-t going the wrong way at vic's. 02 or 03 red and white super air. all that money for a good boat and still no brains
Old     (ivyrider)      Join Date: Jan 2004       11-09-2004, 8:23 PM Reply   
Nicole, I am part of Teri's crew, and even though I am broken for the winter, I still ride with Scott (in the boat, that is). You are welcome to catch a ride, if you want. We can cruise down together. It's a really good crew. Fun to hang with, blast to watch.
Old     (dbjts)      Join Date: Nov 2003       11-10-2004, 10:09 AM Reply   
Misty

Shouldn’t that be “try and die” not “die and try”
Old     (ivyrider)      Join Date: Jan 2004       11-11-2004, 10:51 AM Reply   
Dave:

You are so right. Thanks for catching it. All fixed. Thanks!!
Old     (nikki)      Join Date: May 2004       11-12-2004, 10:15 AM Reply   
misty, that would be awesome... ill email you my phone number so next time you go i can catch a ride!! I need to go buy a frikkin dry suit, but ive been so busy i havent been able to get out to get one!
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       11-12-2004, 10:39 AM Reply   

quote:

02 or 03 red and white super air. all that money for a good boat and still no brains

it's too bad common sense doesn't come with the purchase of a boat, huh?
Old     (Walt)      Join Date: Jan 2003       11-13-2004, 9:18 PM Reply   
Scott and crew, Are you guys going to make it to Berryessa on the T-day weekend ? I hope so !
Old     (sherman)      Join Date: Feb 2002       11-14-2004, 7:39 AM Reply   
ok teri and misty looks like we may change next weekend riding might be on sunday I will let you know later
Old     (sherman)      Join Date: Feb 2002       11-14-2004, 12:53 PM Reply   
ok sunday is the day
Old                11-14-2004, 9:40 PM Reply   
Walt, if I make it, it will be on Friday are you guys riding on Friday????

Scott, I sent you a message, I may have a rider or two for Sunday I'll let you know by Wed.

Old     (Walt)      Join Date: Jan 2003       11-15-2004, 4:48 AM Reply   
Teri, I'm going Friday for sure. Weather permitting.
Old     (nautique_driver)      Join Date: Mar 2003       11-15-2004, 7:40 AM Reply   
We have just discovered the Delta (we ride up near B & M up to Tower Park) and want to ride through the winter. MY husband has a drysuit but my 13 year old daughter needs one. Anyone want to sell theirs? She wears a ladies size small-med. She is 5'2 and weighs 115.

Thanks
Old                11-15-2004, 8:48 AM Reply   
Contact Grizzly Sports in Washington or at
http://www.grizzly-sports.com/ I bought a BARE drysuit from them for $250. Great company, great price, great drysuit! Small/mediums will be hard to come by unless you buy outright
Old     (tcluv85)      Join Date: Jan 2004       11-15-2004, 9:04 AM Reply   
I second Teri's suggestion. That is where I got mine. They do have smalls, I was up there trying them on about a month ago. I am 5'7" and about 150 and the small was too short for me. My lil sis wears my medium and she is 5'4" and 130.

Have her try them on somewhere local, but I think a medium would work for her and would last longer too. The seals are tight.
Old                11-15-2004, 9:18 AM Reply   
I purchased a small and wish I would have purchase a medium. I'm 5'4 and 140. I would prefer the medium so I can wear thicker sweatshirts or sweats under my drysuit! I've never had a problem with leaking or with mobility!

My only suggestion is to stretch the seals a little with a beer bottle or something of a similar size, the seals are very tight. The only other alternative is to trim the rubber seals back!

Good luck and hope to see you on the Delta!

(Message edited by jetgofish on November 15, 2004)
Old                07-12-2005, 6:30 PM Reply   
god you guys are lucky! i'm from wisconsin and there is no such thing as winter wakeboarding.