Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003 > Archive through June 22, 2004

Old    whitechocolate            05-25-2004, 8:19 AM Reply   
Hey. Anybody seen or used these light's, ( I think they are called Lazer Star's) My friend Nick has them on his wakesetter. I was very impressed how the worked. They are a HID bulb with inboard balast. When you fire them up the light is quite purple and as the bulb's get warm the light gets very bright and turns White. I sanpped a photo of them just as they were fireing up. When the lights were fully powerd up the cammera wouldt take a photo. The lights and mounts go for $70 each. I thought that was very cheep. The lights have there power and ground wires that run threw the center of the mounting bolt so if your mounting lights on your tower it will seem as if there is no wire's. I should have used these in my Enzo box. Woop's!
Nick has them mounted on the forward downtube tower leg and says they project the light more forward and low, and that they work great on the water

Old     (ryan_e)      Join Date: Mar 2003       05-25-2004, 9:28 AM Reply   
Do you have pictures of them installed on the tower?
Old     (bdavis)      Join Date: Sep 2002       05-25-2004, 10:08 AM Reply   
Grant something doesn't sound right. Don't hid systems for cars and trucks usually cost about $1000 dollars? Why would these be so cheap?
Old     (tcaton)      Join Date: Sep 2002       05-25-2004, 11:23 AM Reply   
I was looking at a HID Headlamp conversion for my truck and they were 895.00 for the kit. So I too wonder how they could be that cheap.
Old    whitechocolate            05-25-2004, 11:25 AM Reply   
Brent: Thats what I was thinking. You see lots of immitation HID systems saying Zenon White HID ect. Im not sure. My wife has a Lexus IS 300 with real HID's and these lights look just like the color that her headlights project. So I dont know. I have also seen HID conversion kits for My Ford F-150 for $200. I have also seen PIAA HID foglights for $2,000 so your guess is as good as my'n if they are real or not. IMO lights on the tower are kind of usless, They kind of work and kind of dont. So to spend lots of money on expencieve tower lights I think is a waste of money. this is comming from a guy that spends thousands on stereo stuff and carbon fiber mirriors<<LOL Although I have heard good things about the Tiatan tower light's with the light deflector, So I could be wrong. This was what I thought some cool looking cheep lights, that I thought some people might find usfull.
Old     (jwood)      Join Date: May 2001       05-25-2004, 1:08 PM Reply   
I went to the Lazer Star home page and they listed them at $500.00.

They look like nice lights but the price was too hard to believe.
Old    whitechocolate            05-25-2004, 1:29 PM Reply   
Ill get more info Mabey it wasnt Laser Star, but Im sure he said they were $70 each
Old     (bdavis)      Join Date: Sep 2002       05-25-2004, 7:56 PM Reply   
BTW those mirrors you made were amazing
Old    dfish            05-25-2004, 9:14 PM Reply   
Just curious: Do you guys ride at night? And if so, where?