Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 19, 2004

Old    djones1340            02-29-2004, 1:38 PM Reply   
I just ordered a 139cm CWB Sol and was sent a 134cm board. Will the 2 inch difference make much of a difference? I am 165 pounds, but have friends that are 200+ pounds. What will I notice most between the 2? Please help.

Thanks
Old     (wes_can_riders)      Join Date: Feb 2004       02-29-2004, 2:10 PM Reply   
your friends will have a problem with it im sure but I think you will be fine with the 134... if you want the 139 they call them or e-mail them and say I payed for the 139 not the 134
Old     (dococ)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-29-2004, 2:52 PM Reply   
Simple equation... longer board = more stability (harder to spin and flip, but again, more stable on landings, and softer). It's not just 2" of length, but you gain a lot more surface area, as the longer board also is wider, and yes, it makes a big difference, especially for beginners. Dude, it is going to be SO much harder for 200+ pounders do be successful on a 134. Send it back before the season starts. I used to run clinics and have taught more first timers/newbies than I can count. Go for the biggest board available for your boat board. For big boys like that, I would be looking to go even bigger than a 139, but your choices then become more limited, so the 139 might be an acceptable all-around compromise if it is a wide enough deck.
Old    ryan_mocerino            03-02-2004, 5:02 PM Reply   
The bigger your board is, the more surface area, the more pop you get of the wake. The bigger the board is, the wider it is, than it is more stable.

Smaller board. Much easier to move around. Can flip/spin faster, and it will be a little more fogiving.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       03-03-2004, 7:29 AM Reply   
Bigger IS better.
Old    deltahoosier            03-03-2004, 8:59 AM Reply   
Doctor hit it on the head. You have to ride faster on the smaller board to keep from feeling you are in a tug o war with the boat. Not a very enjoyable experience for a newby.
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       03-03-2004, 3:38 PM Reply   
get the 139. Im 140 pounds and just switched to a 136 from a 134. Best decision i made.