Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Jake)      Join Date: Nov 2012       11-15-2012, 3:12 PM Reply   
The arc puts out 350 x2 bridged and the syn does 400..is the extra 50 Watts of the syn gonna be a noticeable difference on a pair of rev 10 s ...I know everyone says you can run either or but I want to get the best sound I can....

Thanks
Old     (Elliottsx80)      Join Date: Feb 2012       11-15-2012, 3:38 PM Reply   
bigger is better!!! i would probably pair the wetsound amp to the wetsound speakers.
Old     (Jake)      Join Date: Nov 2012       11-15-2012, 3:52 PM Reply   
Yeah im prob gonna go syn 4 just wanted some input..im the type if I buy the arc ill be thinking ..wonder how it would sound with more power lol
Old     (Midnightv10)      Join Date: Feb 2012       11-15-2012, 4:03 PM Reply   
IMHO - I agree bigger is better. I dont know that it will be a huge difference adding that extra 50 watts but it should be noticeable.

now if you are willing to step up in price to the Syn 4, you might take a look at the KS600.2 as well. for an extra $40-$50 bucks you could have the same power output as the Syn 4 bridged but in a 2 channel amp. If you ever decide to add a second set of REV 10's you can run them all off the one amp and have 300 watts to each speaker (600watts x 2 @ 2 ohms).. not possible with the Syn 4 or KS300.4
Old     (Truekaotik)      Join Date: Jun 2012       11-15-2012, 4:08 PM Reply   
Both good amps... Hard toss up.. What's your goal? Extra power is always nice and the syn has good power management.. But the arc is a great "cheaper" amp.. They both have pluses and minuses.. I need more info on what your goal is?
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       11-15-2012, 5:00 PM Reply   
Jake,

Comparing the power output of the KS300.4 to the output of the Syn-4 is a fair comparison with both running in 2 chnl mode. There will not be a seat of the pants difference in volume between the two, so neither is a bad choice. The marinized Syn-4 offers some advantages.

Running on a 2-chnl, like the Wet Sounds SD-2 or the Arc KS600.2 definitely offers the advantage of getting ample power out to the speakers, yet the amp is running at 4 ohms per chnl as opposed to a bridged 4 chnl running at 2 ohms per chnl. The added head-room has the amp running at a more comfortable pace while the speaker receives comparable power. You also have the room to expand if you ever decided to add a 2nd pair.
Old     (Jake)      Join Date: Nov 2012       11-15-2012, 5:04 PM Reply   
The 10s are on my pontoon boat...my goal is just party Coves...I like my tunes loud ...can I parallel the pair of rev 10s and run off of a two channel amp
Old     (Truekaotik)      Join Date: Jun 2012       11-15-2012, 5:07 PM Reply   
No you cannot parallel off a 2 channel..
Old     (Truekaotik)      Join Date: Jun 2012       11-15-2012, 5:08 PM Reply   
If you crank them and play them hard, the syn4....
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       11-15-2012, 5:11 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake View Post
The 10s are on my pontoon boat...my goal is just party Coves...I like my tunes loud ...can I parallel the pair of rev 10s and run off of a two channel amp
You can run them in series and bridge them on a 2 chnl amp, but the amps output would be the same as wiring each speaker to its own chnl. In your application, I would just run each to its own chnl.
Old     (Jake)      Join Date: Nov 2012       11-15-2012, 5:20 PM Reply   
Ok just looked at the arc 600.2. That should give me 400 to each speaker without being bridged...so same power output in a cheaper amp...
Old     (Truekaotik)      Join Date: Jun 2012       11-15-2012, 5:36 PM Reply   
There ya go.. If you like Arc go for the 600.2... Series off a 2 channel amp was pointless to mention.. There would never be a purpose for that ever... It nets the same wattage results as just going channel direct... Smh
Old     (Truekaotik)      Join Date: Jun 2012       11-15-2012, 5:37 PM Reply   
This will also give you some headroom... Just looking at the benefits since you seem to have chosen the amp you want
Old     (Jake)      Join Date: Nov 2012       11-15-2012, 5:49 PM Reply   
Now being a cheaper amp..is this a case of I get what I pay for between the syn 4 and the arc.
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       11-15-2012, 5:50 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truekaotik View Post
There ya go.. If you like Arc go for the 600.2... Series off a 2 channel amp was pointless to mention.. There would never be a purpose for that ever... It nets the same wattage results as just going channel direct... Smh
Im not sure why you feel a need to insult the OP for asking about bridging a pair of speaker correctly on a 2chnl amp

But for anyone fallowing along, there are occasions when there is a need to series/bridge a pair fo speakers and there is nothing at all wrong or incorrect about it. For those that can grasp it, its a great solution when the need arises.
Old     (Truekaotik)      Join Date: Jun 2012       11-15-2012, 5:59 PM Reply   
I wasnt insulting Jake but, nice try.. I'm not going to tango again with you and mud yet another thread from your ignorance... In this specific application.. It nets NOTHING and was pointless to mention... His question was answered. He asked about Parrallel of a 2 channel, you mentioned series No you cannot parallel 2 4 ohm speakers bridged on a 2 channel amp.. Pretty simple answer...

Last edited by Truekaotik; 11-15-2012 at 6:02 PM.
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       11-15-2012, 6:00 PM Reply   
Will you two ****ing stop it?
Old     (Jake)      Join Date: Nov 2012       11-15-2012, 6:09 PM Reply   
How much do the arc 600.2 sell for. Can't find any thing
Old     (Truekaotik)      Join Date: Jun 2012       11-15-2012, 6:11 PM Reply   
You two? And cussing.. Seriously get a grip... Your ruining the thread just as bad by your post... I was stopping it before it started if you would of read the last post..

Jake, continue and sorry for the interruption by your sponsors ^^.. Lol
Arc is a decent amp to run and budget friendly! The 600.2 will give you ample headroom for your power loving Revs. It was a excellent find on your part to keep the cost down but gain the extra watts you obviously wanted. Kudos brother!
Old     (Truekaotik)      Join Date: Jun 2012       11-15-2012, 6:12 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake View Post
How much do the arc 600.2 sell for. Can't find any thing
Depends on where you get it... Do you want retail? You must find a Arc dealer to take advantage of the warranty...
Old     (Truekaotik)      Join Date: Jun 2012       11-15-2012, 6:14 PM Reply   
What area are you in? I will get you the "known" arc dealers in your area to contact...
Old     (Jake)      Join Date: Nov 2012       11-15-2012, 6:18 PM Reply   
Ok thanks for the help
Old     (Midnightv10)      Join Date: Feb 2012       11-15-2012, 6:23 PM Reply   
Just to be clear.. you are correct you cant parallel 2 4 ohm speakers on a single bridged channel from a 2 channel amp but you can parallel 2 4 ohm speakers off each individual channel of a 2 channel amp (as long as it is capable of a 2 ohm load). So my point earlier was that the OP might consider a 2 channel amp rather than a 4 channel if he thought he ever might add another pair like a lot of people wind up doing.

looks like the KS 600.2 is running around $550 depending on where you look

and I also agree that there are occasions to run speakers in a series/bridge configuration, especially subwoofers with 2 ohm voice coils
Old     (Truekaotik)      Join Date: Jun 2012       11-15-2012, 6:25 PM Reply   
I looked at your profile. Dallas TX area correct? Would you like to narrow it down? Dallas is big I will call the dealer tomorrow and get local shops in your area...
Old     (Jake)      Join Date: Nov 2012       11-15-2012, 6:28 PM Reply   
Earmark is close to me and scream marine. I bought the revs from scream marine ill call tomorrow and see what they sell them for
Old     (Truekaotik)      Join Date: Jun 2012       11-15-2012, 6:35 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnightv10 View Post
Just to be clear.. you are correct you cant parallel 2 4 ohm speakers on a single bridged channel from a 2 channel amp but you can parallel 2 4 ohm speakers off each individual channel of a 2 channel amp (as long as it is capable of a 2 ohm load). So my point earlier was that the OP might consider a 2 channel amp rather than a 4 channel if he thought he ever might add another pair like a lot of people wind up doing.

looks like the KS 600.2 is running around $550 depending on where you look

and I also agree that there are occasions to run speakers in a series/bridge configuration, especially subwoofers with 2 ohm voice coils
Agree but, bringing up variables that dont pertain to Jakes question does nothing but confuse... we know because we work or worked with audio at some point... you can also do two 2 channel amps, one bridged to each speaker but thats not what was asked by Jake... he is on the right path and took your advice on the 2 channel.. now to find him a Arc dealer!

Jake, I dont think earmark is a Arc dealer? but David may verify if he reads this... check scream and i will check with Arc tomorrow....
Old     (Jake)      Join Date: Nov 2012       11-15-2012, 6:37 PM Reply   
No need to check arc. I found some dealers. One is right down the street from me. Thank you though
Old     (Truekaotik)      Join Date: Jun 2012       11-15-2012, 6:41 PM Reply   
No problem good luck! Russ makes a good point, that with the 600.2, you may be able to expand later in certain circumstances because of the "headroom" or unused power it still retains from only running 4 ohm per channel... youlll be happy, im guessing, with your choice
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       11-16-2012, 8:04 AM Reply   
Quote:
I wasnt insulting Jake but, nice try.. I'm not going to tango again with you and mud yet another thread from your ignorance... In this specific application.. It nets NOTHING and was pointless to mention... His question was answered. He asked about Parrallel of a 2 channel, you mentioned series No you cannot parallel 2 4 ohm speakers bridged on a 2 channel amp.. Pretty simple answer...
You may want to review your own posts #11 and #13, before calling anyone ignorant. $.02

http://www.centurioncrew.com/index.p...p-suggestions/
Old     (Midnightv10)      Join Date: Feb 2012       11-16-2012, 9:27 AM Reply   
ouch^^
Old     (Truekaotik)      Join Date: Jun 2012       11-16-2012, 10:18 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by chpthril View Post
You may want to review your own posts #11 and #13, before calling anyone ignorant. $.02

http://www.centurioncrew.com/index.p...p-suggestions/
Ouch... LOL
Yup and its still running that way per how the guy wanted it... is it correct? no, but I admitted that in another thread on CCC, which you failed to post. It may even be series and i messed up the writting on that post? .. Do you really want to play pull up old threads? you'll loose and some are just funny how hard you go after me and end up getting slammed in the end... That was my mistake to post a ghetto config but again its still running and I admitted it technically isnt proper but still stable to this day. Thats the difference between you and I, my ego dont get in the way like yours, I can admit when I screw up, But you keep holding onto that one . lol Dont you have some forums to cycle thru for business and confuse them? I'll let you have your day in the light once, its long over due since your constant search to degrade me any chance you get has finally paid off for you! SMILE, youve earned it...

Last edited by Truekaotik; 11-16-2012 at 10:21 AM.
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       11-17-2012, 8:58 PM Reply   
I have an Arc 600.2 running 2 pairs of REV 10's. I am very pleased with it. Shawndoggy, who posts here sometimes and on some other sites, tried 2 pair of REV 10's on two Arc 600.2's. Running 4 speakers off of the single 600.2 gets you 300 Watts to each speaker. Running just 2 speakers per amp gets you 400 Watts. Shawndoggy told me that he didn't really think it improved the sound much, definitely not $550 worth. I am way stoked with the sound of my 2 pairs on just 1 Arc 600.2.

So to answer the original question, I think that once you get above the 300 Watts recommended power, it seems that the returns are pretty small. I have seen this opinion expressed elsewhere as well.
Old     (murphy_smith)      Join Date: Dec 2005       11-17-2012, 9:11 PM Reply   
Nice - two dealers getting into a pissing match, just what this thread needs. Must be winter!
Old     (Truekaotik)      Join Date: Jun 2012       11-18-2012, 6:49 AM Reply   
Yup Murphy, Sad it happens to often, you'll see. I'm no one, just a boat owner giving advice I've encountered... Mike at MLA in Florida doesn't like to be wrong or have someone else chime in.. Watch it... Lol
Talredrider, adding 100 watts to Rev10's is a audible difference but how much and wether its worth it price wise to someone is subjective most definitly... Some will swear it is and some won't... It's all at how you look at it I guess...
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       11-18-2012, 7:35 AM Reply   
From an economic perspective, adding a fresh air exhaust will make a much bigger difference in perceived stereo output than the difference between one ks600.2 or two.
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       11-18-2012, 8:32 AM Reply   
So....not to hijack the thread but...
for the Syn 4 amp paired with Rev 10s, what should all my amp settings be at to get the best "bang" for my Rev 10s "buck"? Right now the sound loud and clear but i feel they're missing some mid & lows, and possibly there general output..
Old     (Truekaotik)      Join Date: Jun 2012       11-18-2012, 9:28 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by durty_curt View Post
So....not to hijack the thread but...
for the Syn 4 amp paired with Rev 10s, what should all my amp settings be at to get the best "bang" for my Rev 10s "buck"? Right now the sound loud and clear but i feel they're missing some mid & lows, and possibly there general output..
Try to re-tune it @70- 80hz hipass if you already havnt? Prolly should post your current set up and we can have you play with it maybe? Sound is perceived by the listener and how it was installed, ( ie. pre amp power, power supply, filters, ect..) there isn't a "this is the perfect way" set up...

I agree with Shawn also that a FAE is a great add on if you don't mind missing the exhaust noise these beast throw also, no one ever complained about not smelling exhaust from time to time, so that's the super plus! I havnt added the FAE to my boat but have to a couple buddies.. It makes a difference
Old     (murphy_smith)      Join Date: Dec 2005       11-18-2012, 10:33 AM Reply   
Quote:
Yup Murphy, Sad it happens to often, you'll see. I'm no one, just a boat owner giving advice I've encountered... Mike at MLA in Florida doesn't like to be wrong or have someone else chime in.. Watch it... Lol
Talredrider, adding 100 watts to Rev10's is a audible difference but how much and wether its worth it price wise to someone is subjective most definitly... Some will swear it is and some won't... It's all at how you look at it I guess...
Trust me, I know all about MLA and so do all the other forums. He has become quite the ballast expert as well!
Old     (Jake)      Join Date: Nov 2012       11-18-2012, 2:45 PM Reply   
Bsen looking at the jl hd750.1 also. I think thats the one im going with
Old     (Midnightv10)      Join Date: Feb 2012       11-18-2012, 3:35 PM Reply   
that is a monoblock amp. you really should be looking for something with 2 or 4 channels
Old     (bryce2320)      Join Date: May 2012       11-18-2012, 3:37 PM Reply   
MLA is in North Carolina
Old     (Truekaotik)      Join Date: Jun 2012       11-18-2012, 4:30 PM Reply   
Yeah it is Bryce.. Lol oh well, I knew that and typed FL.. Lol... My bad...
Russ, the 750.1 is a excellent choice, as it is a full pass, hi pass, low pass mono amp. Excellent "topology" or for the regular folk, a great power management chassis... . It will rock some Rev10's brother..
I think that is a better choice than a Arc.... Play time will increase over the Arc plus it's regulated power.. now I'm a fan of channel separation ( some say you cant tell left from right, but Some can so neither is right or wrong) so a two or four channel is my cup of tea but JL is BOSS right now...

Last edited by Truekaotik; 11-18-2012 at 4:38 PM.
Old     (bryce2320)      Join Date: May 2012       11-18-2012, 5:25 PM Reply   
TJ, Houstonshark, over on Tigeowners had some JL HD amps for sale. Idk if he has a 750/1 left but Im sure he would make you a deal on them, Jake.
Old     (Truekaotik)      Join Date: Jun 2012       11-18-2012, 5:35 PM Reply   
He is on here as well under the same name..
Old     (bryce2320)      Join Date: May 2012       11-18-2012, 5:38 PM Reply   
I see that. He has his ad showing what all he has for sale over there tho. Idk if he has it here or not. Just throwing out ideas so Jake doesnt have to go drop a bunch of coin on a brand new one when TJ has one down the road.
Old     (Truekaotik)      Join Date: Jun 2012       11-18-2012, 6:26 PM Reply   
I'm with ya Bryce It was so he could just PM him here, without having to make a account for Tigé. Just ease of contact off your recommendation... Saving coin is always good...