Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through January 12, 2008

Old     (trentj6930)      Join Date: Oct 2007       10-24-2007, 2:46 PM Reply   
I am sure that this has been asked over and over, but I am interested in putting some led light rings around my tower speakers and maybe the inside speakers as well. Does anyone have any suggestions or comments for me?
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-24-2007, 4:12 PM Reply   
"Does anyone have any suggestions or comments for me"
Trent: Where are you from? It dosent say in your profile? Here in CA Blue lights on the tower are a No" No". Mike found out this the hard way. Cops on the Delta hasseld him for blue lights ect.

He asked the cop. Would you have pulled me over if my lights were any other color like lets say red? The cop said Blue is the color cop's use any other color is fine.

That being said I still wouldnt knowingly "drive by" the water cops with my RED tower lights on. To me its a open invitation to get pulled over and a FREE safty inspection. Thanks but no Thanks.

My Advice on tower light's: Use them with caution they are like bug lights for cop's except the cop's dont get zaped, BUMMER}
Old     (lukeduke95)      Join Date: May 2002       10-24-2007, 7:59 PM Reply   
DO IT!

I have them, they are fun. My bro is a machinist, so he made them up easily and even factored in the groove to hold the led's. SWEETNESS!
Old     (2007_x2)      Join Date: May 2007       10-25-2007, 12:39 AM Reply   
call up neptunes they do that kind of stuff. Jim or Charles 209 386 9156
Old     (trentj6930)      Join Date: Oct 2007       10-25-2007, 7:57 AM Reply   
"G" I live in Alberta, Canada. I was thinking more along the lines of lights that are just surrounding the speakers themselves. There is a great light setup on a Moomba on wakeside rides that I thought looked sweet.

http://www.wakesiderides.com/rides/index.php?page=out&id=2348
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       10-25-2007, 10:13 AM Reply   
www.superbrightleds.com or www.plasmaled.com
Old     (lukeduke95)      Join Date: May 2002       10-25-2007, 9:40 PM Reply   
Something along these lines...
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (superair)      Join Date: May 2000       10-26-2007, 4:20 AM Reply   
What led's did you use?
Old     (lukeduke95)      Join Date: May 2002       10-26-2007, 9:50 AM Reply   
Some smt strip led's. Mikeski had a deal going a one point, but I don't think he can still get them. Most places want minimum orders and he was able to drop down them down by calling it samples.
Old     (trentj6930)      Join Date: Oct 2007       10-26-2007, 2:41 PM Reply   
That is exactly what I was looking for. I did find some project photos from earlier posts. It would be really nice if someone would sell the rings as a complete unit.
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       10-26-2007, 10:48 PM Reply   
I am too busy these days to deal with LEDs, I would recommend you try these guys:

www.oznium.com

They are in Nor Cal, the LEDs are nice quality, the prices are reasonable. I need to get change out my blue ones to million color RGB LEDs. That way I can run them in Blue when they are on the trailer and run them in some other color of my choice when I am on the water. I believe white if fair game.
Old     (superair)      Join Date: May 2000       10-27-2007, 6:30 AM Reply   
Were your leds on wetwounds 485?? If so do you want to sell the rings with leds??
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       10-29-2007, 6:51 PM Reply   
Keeping the rings (paid over $400 at the machine shop for the rings/grills). They will be getting upgraded to RGB/million color LEDs so I can run them in any color I want. White whenever there is a possibility of marine patrol, yellow when the mosquitos are out. Mosquitos love the blue.
Old     (superair)      Join Date: May 2000       10-29-2007, 6:57 PM Reply   
HAHAH I never thought about the skeeters liking blue. We have just a few of them here in texas!!! I just thought I would offer to buy yours if you were selling them.
Old     (nasty530)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-29-2007, 7:44 PM Reply   
I would make you a set of rings for $150 in any color you wish.
Old     (trentj6930)      Join Date: Oct 2007       10-29-2007, 8:53 PM Reply   
I may be interested. I need my boat to arrive before I can get some measurements. It is to be built in November.
Old     (nasty530)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-30-2007, 1:13 PM Reply   
Just tell me the inside and outside diminsions you need and I can make you whatever you want!
Old     (crushing76)      Join Date: Feb 2007       10-30-2007, 8:02 PM Reply   
t-bag,

can you make them the one hundred fifty miiillllliiiooonnn color variety? how do you control the color? also, can you make them for a wetsounds or nvs system?
Old     (nasty530)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-30-2007, 8:24 PM Reply   
I would have to look into it, if it is just a different type of LED that is the same size as a normal one, sure. I can make them for anything that has at least a 1/2" of space around the entire outside edge of the speaker
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-31-2007, 4:12 PM Reply   
The color changing LED strip's are called "RGB" stands for(Red Green Blue) they work with a programable unit that you buy seprate it hoks in to a RGB LED strip. You can program the lights to alternate or blend into diffrent colors like a color wheel or stay on one color. They are pretty cool. To bad my boat is all set up and RGB led's were not realy around when I was doing my project or I would have done my whole boat in RGB. MikeSki has some RGB "smt strips" that I have played with they are waterproof and pretty cool. But here comes the part that no one on W/W likes.
They cost twice as much as regular SMT Led's . PooF there go's that Idea
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-31-2007, 4:13 PM Reply   
LUKE: nice light's. Have fun with the lake skeeter's. The cop's and the bug's love the Blue light
Old     (lukeduke95)      Join Date: May 2002       11-01-2007, 9:35 PM Reply   
Its the BLUE LIGHT SPECIAL!!

I rocked them at Clear Lake a couple times, and never got hassled. Bugs, different story.