Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through January 12, 2008

Old     (liquidlite)      Join Date: Sep 2007       10-10-2007, 5:06 PM Reply   
i just put my boat in the garage for the winter only to find that the plate to rest the tower down onto really stretches the cover. does anyone know how to fold the tower onto the mount without stretching the cover out?
Old     (absoluteboarder)      Join Date: Aug 2002       10-10-2007, 5:26 PM Reply   
...is that with poles in? ...if yes take them out.
Old     (liquidlite)      Join Date: Sep 2007       10-11-2007, 7:12 AM Reply   
cool...thanks!
Old     (jsj)      Join Date: Apr 2006       10-11-2007, 10:41 AM Reply   
yes don't use the poles
Old     (liquidlite)      Join Date: Sep 2007       10-11-2007, 2:22 PM Reply   
ya seems like common sense but when i was getting ready to leave my three day old pride and joy behind in the garage 2hrs away, i guess it didnt cross my mind. thanks guys.
Old     (bird_dog0347)      Join Date: Feb 2006       10-29-2007, 7:42 AM Reply   
I have a 2x6 board, and a pair of 4"x4"x1" piece of plywood. I lay the plywood squares on top of the cover, and push the lower legs down to rest on top of them so the legs do not gouge the gel coat. Then I take my 2x6 (long enough to go across the beam) and set it on top of the lower legs. Then we lay the tower on top of the 2x6 so it sits up off the cover and the lower legs support the weight.

I have to get it in the barn before I can do that though as the doors are not tall enough if I don't have the tower all the way down. It works really well though.
Old     (liquidlite)      Join Date: Sep 2007       10-29-2007, 8:09 AM Reply   
nick, do you have another set of board racks on the upper cross bar? i want to do that but i wasnt sure if the boards would mesh in the racks on both cross bars.
Old     (trentj6930)      Join Date: Oct 2007       10-29-2007, 5:23 PM Reply   
Tom, how does the sound system seem to be? Have you played with it at all? I just ordered an 08 LSV and was hoping to hear some good things?
Old     (liquidlite)      Join Date: Sep 2007       10-29-2007, 6:21 PM Reply   
i love it! i dropped in a volfenhag sub(800w) with an mtx amp(800w) to get more bass in the boat for when were rollin at 23mph and it def. adds to the effect...the tower speakers are fairly good...they sound badass when you really CRANK the music! you'll be very happy with your purchase!
Old     (liquidlite)      Join Date: Sep 2007       10-29-2007, 6:32 PM Reply   
as far as the boat...not a better deal out there...its not as flashy as the more expensive boats but it is efficient and the wake def. contends with all! its much more roomy than most (even the x-star) and has the best storage i have seen on a boat! the only part that hurts (for both of us) is the pain of the cold coming to soon. i only had about 3 weeks to use after i bought before i put it away for the winter. trust me, you will love the boat and it is well worth the money!! enjoy!
Old     (trentj6930)      Join Date: Oct 2007       10-29-2007, 8:57 PM Reply   
Good to hear. The 08's come complete with kicker throughout the entire boat including the sub. Hopefully it sounds good. Did you upgrade to the 340 hp Cat?