Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through October 14, 2007

Old     (ldebbold)      Join Date: Jun 2006       09-27-2007, 10:34 AM Reply   
I've read so many board comparisons and recommendations here but rarely (perhaps never) have seen anybody talking about GB. I got interested at the Worlds in Reno last month. After watching "Transgression" and meeting Vandall and Ricky G and Gator in their booth during the tournament and checking out the boards in the rack they looked pretty good and I liked the small independent angle as well. How do they ride? Are they durable? I'm mostly attracted to the Gonzalez. Last years graphic is just too cool.
Old     (ridngrl21)      Join Date: Sep 2007       09-27-2007, 11:36 AM Reply   
the gonzales boards this year are sick and have changed a little bit i have heard, as soon as i save my money im buying one
Old     (balr54)      Join Date: May 2004       09-27-2007, 11:37 AM Reply   
I love the gonzolas, I was riding the baller that was a couple years old and it just wasn't big enough for me anymore. I went to the gonzolas 142 and it helped me start sticking tricks that I landed out in the flats. I used to ride an '04 harris too. I can't wait to demo the '08 boards. It is going to be a sick line!
Old     (misfits1981)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-27-2007, 11:52 AM Reply   
All of the boards are pretty nice. I used to ride the Gonzalez 138 and 142, the Militant 140, Gator 141, and the Harris 141. I would check them out. The Gonzalez is pretty similar to the old Premier shape.
Old     (ridngrl21)      Join Date: Sep 2007       09-27-2007, 11:57 AM Reply   
the gonzales sizes are different this year they are bigger. but i think the graphics are the best i have seen. i like how they can go for both guys and girls. way excited !
Old    cougar4            09-27-2007, 1:45 PM Reply   
i've ridden a gonzales for the past three seasons and wouldn't trade it for the world....except for maybe an 08 version.
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-27-2007, 2:06 PM Reply   
I've been riding the Gonzales for 3 seasons as well. two have broken, but were replaced and I'm on the '06 version still. Until I find something I like better, I'll be riding that board....it's beat to hell and delaminating, but I don't care. lol

It's the same shape as the old Premier, then Era.
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-27-2007, 2:22 PM Reply   
my 05 vandal has held up great. I rode it hard on sliders for about a year and then got the natural. Now I ride the vandal as a spare. Actually that's what I'll be riding until my 4th natural this season comes in....maybe I should stick with the vandal for a while...lol
Old     (ldebbold)      Join Date: Jun 2006       09-27-2007, 2:41 PM Reply   
NAW, its funny you mention the Gonzo being shaped like the ERA. That's the board I ride and I thought they looked pretty similar as well but when I talked someone who was working in the Gator booth in Reno about that he gave me about 8 reasons why they weren't similar at all. So I felt like "who knew" and walked away confused. They had a 138 for super cheap that I really wanted to buy, but I really need the 142. It's good to hear some positive vibe about the boards and the company.
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       09-27-2007, 3:43 PM Reply   
I currently ride the '04 harris.
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       09-27-2007, 5:59 PM Reply   
well this season i've broken: 1 - 2007 Shane 140, and 3 - 07 Natural 144's. so i decided to switch it up. i'm ridin the 07 142 Legend (Harris). so far i'm diggin' it. it seems quite a bit more solid than the others i've ridin'...it's a tad bit heavier than the others but not much & i like the solid feel of it. landing a big hoochie/raley or a front flip feels much better on this board (as far as not breaking). it's a little slower compared to the others, but it pops real nice.
Old     (nick_in_ssp)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-27-2007, 6:14 PM Reply   
Older Millitant and love it. Upload
Old     (whitie)      Join Date: Jul 2004       09-28-2007, 7:00 AM Reply   
I've been rockin the 138 Wes Brisco (old baller) for the past 3 years, its not for every one but I love it.
Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       09-28-2007, 11:11 AM Reply   
My girl rides the Gonz.... She loves it and anybody how is lucky enough to ride it loves it... she just bought another one... next years are a little wider & Ricky said there was this little area on the bottom that is being redone, something that you will never even notice.

I ride the Harris & LOVE IT!!! Haven't riden a Legend yet, but thats on the agenda. Super buck-poppy like the Byerly's.

Heard the Militant is like a mellower Harris...but haven't ridden it yet.
Old     (reckless)      Join Date: Sep 2007       09-28-2007, 9:19 PM Reply   
i ride for gb and i ride the desire witch is pretty much the gonzalez but with a girls graphic....i love the board has soo much pop but doesnt last me as long on rails but it ride real smooth
Old     (damned04)      Join Date: May 2005       09-28-2007, 10:52 PM Reply   
I rode the caddy for two seasons. It is a super poppy board with soft landings. I've also ridden the harris,gonzalez, and legend. The harris boards and gonzalez are really easy boards to ride that anyone will enjoy. Im riding a ronix one now but I rode my caddy a couple times this year. My ronix is a little more forgiving if you come down hard from a landing but it has a weird release off the wake and took a couple runs to get used to at first. After riding the legend last weekend, I liked it alot better than my one. I'll prolly be looking to get the 08 model for next season.