Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (d_h_wake)      Join Date: Apr 2008       12-06-2012, 6:33 PM Reply   
Hey,

I was wondering I am a size 8 shoe, and have a around a half an inch left for room in my shoe.

What size would I be in the LF Harley boot? 6-8 or 8-10... I don't want to get a boot that is to big:/

Also, Which is the stiffer boot the Watson or Harley?

I am looking at 2013 product.

Please let me know,
Thank You
Old     (e_rock32)      Join Date: Oct 2009       12-06-2012, 8:02 PM Reply   
The Watson boots are stiffer. I wear 9.5 shoes but can fit into some 9's if they're wide enough. I went with the 8-9 Watsons and they fit great, they'll break in too. If you can, try the 6-8 harley and watsons on at a shop to see which you like better. Although you should know that LF needs to work on their craftsmanship (My boots are separating from the sole/chassis - which makes it lose some of the stiffness around the ankle). But what I really like about the boots are that I removed the insoles and put in some high arch insoles for my high arches.
Old     (e_rock32)      Join Date: Oct 2009       12-06-2012, 8:06 PM Reply   
I see that Watsons come in size 6-8 too
Old     (d_h_wake)      Join Date: Apr 2008       12-06-2012, 9:22 PM Reply   
I have a buddy who works and Performance, He said that with my size 8 shoe, I should be fine in the 8-9 as they fit a tad smaller. Also, I had the Cells last year, So I like the stiffer boots! Thanks for the advice.
Old     (austin)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-07-2012, 9:55 AM Reply   
I am a size 9 in shoes, and my 8-10 2012 Harleys are too small. I believe the 2011 Harleys are a tad larger because when I tried on a 2011 8-10 it felt pretty good, which is why I bought the 2012 8-10 without having the opportunity to try them on.

There really is no substitute for trying exactly what you're buying, but unfortunately that's not always an option. My wild guess is that if you are getting 2011 Harleys, the 6-8 might be the better fit, but if you are getting 2012 or 2013 they are more likely to be too small.
Old     (d_h_wake)      Join Date: Apr 2008       12-07-2012, 3:04 PM Reply   
Okay, Sick thanks I think I am actually going with the 8-9 Watson Boots.

But Also, I am 152 lbs.... Will The 138 S4 be to big?

And for all you rail riders, Is a bigger board better for the rails? I am thinking of the 138 FLX, but was told the 136 peak might be good. So Im not sure if a 136 would be to small for rails.
Old     (beretta5spd)      Join Date: Jan 2010       12-07-2012, 9:36 PM Reply   
Dyllon buddy I am pumped that u r riding LF this year. I rode LF for the first time last year with Harley boot on Harley grind. This year it's the Harley boot on bob grind. 138 s4 will be fine for u. I weigh less and rode 139 last year.

What made u go LF???