Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 22, 2008

Old     (chillwiththebrosandkickback)      Join Date: Mar 2007       09-04-2008, 3:41 PM Reply   
Yo so me and my friend are both 17 and are looking to go to a wakeboard camp next year for a week! We ride out of the east coast and are looking to go to a solid camp that has a program that isn't so layed back all the time, yet is still really chill. What Im trying to say is a camp that is friggin awesome with chill instructors and a sick vibe!! We want to get alot out of the camp and come back with a ton of tips and improvements! We are both intermediate with flips and spins in our bags, but would love to progress more! Anyone have any thoughts and experinces they had at a wake camp?? Also if theres any kids our age who went??? Best times to go???
Old     (wakeviolater)      Join Date: Sep 2004       09-04-2008, 3:44 PM Reply   
west coast camps...
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       09-04-2008, 3:51 PM Reply   
West Coast Camps x 2

The Schwan, Timmy and the rest of the boys make a week long houseboat trip epic. Plus they are rippers and can teach anyone to the next level.
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       09-04-2008, 3:53 PM Reply   
2nd West Coast Camps! Mike Schweene is an awesome coach and you will have a blast!
www.westcoastcamps.com

If you want to stay on the East Coast go to Murrays Camp
www.TheBoardingSchool.com
Old     (do420jc)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-04-2008, 4:38 PM Reply   
Check Pat Mcelhinney's camp in Sequin TX. Excellent OG instruction from Pat as well as new school from Gabe Lucas. I went with my 10 year old, there was one other guy in the boat with us. You will get more riding and instruction for your $$$ hands down. TSR is 10 mins away, besides that not much else to do. If you are looking for fun as well as instruction it may not be for you. If you are looking to progress and ride until your arms fall off this is where you go.

pmcelhinneywakeboardschool.com
Old     (johnsvt)      Join Date: Dec 2006       09-04-2008, 4:43 PM Reply   
Adam Fields is pretty close in NC

and I have heard this place is really good

http://orlandowakeboard.com/
Old    benj_t            09-04-2008, 4:46 PM Reply   
yea definetly check out adam fields camp. i improved so much there and its really fun.

www.adamswakeboardschool.com
Old     (chillwiththebrosandkickback)      Join Date: Mar 2007       09-04-2008, 5:02 PM Reply   
Thanks for the input! Im trying to stay on the east coast if at all possible, although for the price i culd prob choose either. haha Yeah Adams feilds came to do a demo at a local shop, i missed it but there wasn't much riding time offered!! But how about camps like the wakeboard camp (The Book), or the projects?? Im looking for a camp with accommidations
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-04-2008, 6:34 PM Reply   
Check out O'town watersports in Orlando with pro coach Glen Fletcher. Great location, coaching, and a fun crew.

info@otownwatersports.com
Old     (k9fxr)      Join Date: Jul 2005       09-04-2008, 8:11 PM Reply   
Our group had a great time at Orlandowake.com
They were relaxed and fun and concerned about your progression
Old     (jsweat)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-04-2008, 8:49 PM Reply   
the projects is really nice as is the wakeboard camp. i would also look into the boarding school i have head nothing but good things about it and murray is as cool as they come and to have travis pull you is sick as hell. i would say either the boarding school or the projects would be your best two choices. so save up and do both camps.
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-04-2008, 8:55 PM Reply   
Grant...what you described is totally West Coast Camps...Nuf Said.
Old     (philuk)      Join Date: Mar 2008       09-05-2008, 4:38 AM Reply   
I have been to both the wakeboard camp and the boarding school and would recommend the boarding school as is a bit more chilled out. Shaun, Travis and the other coaches are great and you will learn loads of new stuff
Old     (toesideturtle)      Join Date: Oct 2002       09-05-2008, 8:19 AM Reply   
The Boarding School all the way!!!!!!!!! They will push you as hard as you wish--guarantee you will come back with skills and knowledge!
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       09-05-2008, 8:53 AM Reply   
And with the boarding school you get instruction from Murray... cant go wrong there. The instuction is worth the money, kickin it with murray and travis will leave with funny stories for a lifetime. They are hands down the funnest guys to be around!
Old     (yorwakebordfrend)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-05-2008, 1:29 PM Reply   
West Coast Camps!!!
Old     (nwa)      Join Date: Jul 2005       09-05-2008, 6:21 PM Reply   
WEST COAST CAMPS

The crew there is 2nd to none.
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-05-2008, 6:24 PM Reply   
Did I already say West Coast Camps? Oh, guess I did!!!
Old     (kcrider)      Join Date: Jul 2008       09-06-2008, 9:21 AM Reply   
What about Ride the Spot. I was thinking about doing this one, the boarding school or the wakeboard camp next year. Being able to learn and ride with and from Shapiro would be a dream come true. Maybe I'll just do all three
Old     (slowake)      Join Date: Mar 2005       09-06-2008, 10:34 AM Reply   
If you are looking at the west coast don't forget to check out Delta Wakeboard Camp. You can't beat the smooth water on the delta and staying on their sick houseboat.
Old     (norcalbordr)      Join Date: Feb 2006       09-06-2008, 10:35 AM Reply   
2nd Delta Wakeboard Camp