Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 30, 2004

Old     (big_xstar)      Join Date: Nov 2004       11-28-2004, 7:09 PM Reply   
We live in north county, San Diego, and usually wakeboard at San Vicente. Now that the summer is over and no water contact is allowed on sundays, we are looking to wakeboard thru the winter months. Anyone have any input on the conditions at Lake Perris
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       11-28-2004, 7:11 PM Reply   
lake perris is butter, unless wind picks up. no one there when we've gone.

so, with that helpful info, when are you taking my girlfriend and i out?
Old     (big_xstar)      Join Date: Nov 2004       11-28-2004, 7:32 PM Reply   
Did you guys go on a sunday? Need a pull?. : }
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       11-28-2004, 7:39 PM Reply   
we went on a weekend a couple times, and the rest were weekdays.

i seriously don't think finding good water on the weekends is going to be hard.
Old     (sdboardr99)      Join Date: Aug 2001       11-28-2004, 9:04 PM Reply   
My advice is to get there early. They allow pwc and even during the winter you'll find them running around after about 10am on weekends. It's not nearly as bad during the week if you can get up there, but then San V is still open on for water contact Thurs and Fri.
Old     (magellan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       11-28-2004, 9:27 PM Reply   
I read somewhere that there is over ten lakes in San Diego and only one is wake/ski friendly..!!
Why is this the case?? Is there any kind of group trying to fight for some wake days?
How about Lake Matthews in Riverside area??
Who do you have to sleep with to get more lakes!!!
Old    six            11-29-2004, 9:32 AM Reply   
dakid is right,Perris is butter all day and butt a!@ cold too.
Old     (romi)      Join Date: Sep 2002       11-29-2004, 10:17 AM Reply   
I been there during the winter and seem to find the fisherman will ruin what should be butter.
Old     (big_xstar)      Join Date: Nov 2004       11-29-2004, 10:28 AM Reply   
Hey Romi,Fishing is allowed on Perris on sundays?
: (
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       11-29-2004, 11:12 AM Reply   
SoCarider - I'm pretty sure that there isn't any water contact allowed on Lake Mathews.
Old     (magellan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       11-29-2004, 11:48 AM Reply   
Why not?
Diamond Valley too. It seems rediculous to me.}
Old     (sdboardr99)      Join Date: Aug 2001       11-29-2004, 12:04 PM Reply   
You can thank the environmentalists and their scare tactics for the water contact ban at Diamond Valley. They almost succeeded in getting all boats banned, but the fishing lobby was organized and strong enough to prevent it. So the compromise was no 2-strokes and no MTBE fuel allowed.
Old     (cwbrider14)      Join Date: Jun 2004       11-29-2004, 5:10 PM Reply   
Speaking of the LA I was going to hit up Perris for sure but what about Arrowhead and Big Bear?
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       11-29-2004, 6:05 PM Reply   
The fisherman lobby in CA was huge when the contact issues were being decided & they have a lot to do with so many lakes in CA not being usable. They say it's because it's water for drinking, but then so is EVERY other reservoir that we can ride on. I hate that. That's why we've taken to clipping fishermen...ohhh to dream...
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       11-29-2004, 6:12 PM Reply   
Arrowhead or Big Bear???? Better bring your ice skates.

Perris has never been that great to me.

Lake Matthews not only does not allow contact, it is completely fenced off, no boaring, no swimming, no fishing, NO NOTHING!

Diamond Valley would be an awesome place, if only we could ride there...

(Message edited by socalwakepunk on November 29, 2004)