Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 10, 2007

Old     (biglap)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-28-2007, 3:49 PM Reply   
I want to know everything about the 360!!! Give me the magic advice you received to land your first 360!!! I need to land it quick!!!! THANKS!!!!!
Old     (hyperlite_boards)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-28-2007, 3:51 PM Reply   
dont think about it going into the wake dont focus on anything just let it happen
Old     (biglap)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-28-2007, 4:00 PM Reply   
Thanks man, but if I post that thread, it's because I tried all different ways to do it... still the same... face plant because I'm off axis!!!!
Old     (texastbird)      Join Date: May 2003       08-28-2007, 4:01 PM Reply   
You don't need a lot of speed, just a good progressive edge. Wait until you are at the top of your jump, then pull and turn your head to initiate the spin. Make the handle pass right at the small of your back, and keep the receiving hand close to your body so you have some "give" once you land and the slack gets pulled out. Landing on the transition of the wake makes it smoother/easier.

Pop, Pull, Pass.
Old     (dlamont)      Join Date: Apr 2003       08-28-2007, 4:08 PM Reply   
big,
try slowing the boat down and spinning on the water right behind the boat. This will help with staying on axis and your handle passing. good luck!!
Old     (westerdude)      Join Date: Nov 2006       08-28-2007, 4:25 PM Reply   
make sure you pop before you start to spin usually if your going off axis your trying to spin throu the wake... also try to have your hands next to eachother in the middle of the handle it will make the handle pass much easier..
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       08-28-2007, 5:37 PM Reply   
try it 140,256 times, and then when you land one, do 456,432 more of 'em, and then it might start looking good.

This has been my experience anyway.
Old     (toejamr1)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-28-2007, 5:38 PM Reply   
=> Trampoline <= PPP pop-pull-pass and make sure they are all done at different times.
Old     (biglap)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-28-2007, 7:19 PM Reply   
I love the handle tips Jordan!!! You're all right guys!!! THANKS!!! I know the sequence... on axis, pop, pull, pass, etc. because I watch The Book, some movies on the web, etc., but I was looking for your personal tips.... the ultimate tips who makes you land!!! I won't give up!!! Thanks again!!!
Old     (whitie)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-29-2007, 9:41 AM Reply   
Practice late 180. Keep the handle in tight and throw them later and later this will help keep you on axis
If the handle gets caught up when you try to pass then move your hands next to each other. I have found that with may hands in this position that I can only grab the corner of the handle or miss the pass altogether. That and you lose leverage as it is harder to pull with your hands like this.
Old     (chad_chinners)      Join Date: Mar 2006       08-29-2007, 10:15 AM Reply   
What are you doing with your eyes. Looking at the boat after the pop, and looking at the shore line/horizon as I spin is the thing that made 3's click for me.
Old     (biglap)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-29-2007, 2:39 PM Reply   
I really wait before pulling the rope... I wait until I'm at the top of the jump!!! I shot it and I was doing not bad, my head was OK, my handle was close to me, etc!!! Maybe I pull the handle too high in my back!!! I just don't know!!! I'm better to flip than spin!!! It s*!%ks!!!
Old     (whitie)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-29-2007, 3:33 PM Reply   
Pull don't yank the handle. I think that if you are OA then you are spinning early
Old     (lostkgb78)      Join Date: Oct 2005       08-29-2007, 3:44 PM Reply   
Don't let the handle get away from your hip. It's not a huge pull, just a gentle one...

Or try it wraped, thats how I learned it.
Old     (troyl)      Join Date: Feb 2002       08-29-2007, 3:45 PM Reply   
Forever I was spining too early and off axis. (still do for that matter)

One thing that worked for me was doing a tiny little shifty poke before rotating the 3. This forced me to wait long enough that I stayed on axis.
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-29-2007, 4:15 PM Reply   
drift into the wake, thats what worked for me, i hardly edge at all
Old     (marshk344)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-29-2007, 4:25 PM Reply   
For me, the main thing is just to not rush it. Think about making a big, lofty, casual rotation. When I tried to spin to fast I would get off axis and miss the pass. Just make sure you get enough pop to be able to rotate all the way. And wait for the pop, don't try and spin it off the wake.

A few hot chicas in the boat never hurt.

(Message edited by marshk344 on August 29, 2007)
Old     (blazin4life)      Join Date: Mar 2006       08-29-2007, 4:29 PM Reply   
Tips that have been helping me are 1. Don't start the spin to early, it helps to keep me from going off axis. 2. Try to keep your back straight throughout the spin. 3 Keep the handle close to the hip.4 and have fun.
Old     (biglap)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-29-2007, 4:44 PM Reply   
Thanks guys.... I'm sure it's gonna help!! Maybe I pull too hard and try to spin too quick... I'll try this weekend again and again!!!! We are gonna be much more in the boat... it gives good energy!!! FUN, FUN, FUN!!!
Old     (nick_scorny)      Join Date: May 2007       08-29-2007, 10:13 PM Reply   
cut in as a normal straight air get the pop dont try to spin just pass the handle and spot the landing
Old     (rmcronin)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-30-2007, 11:45 AM Reply   
Toeside 3's are way easier to get consistent vs. heelside. You also don't need a huge wake for 3's. Approach with the handle pretty tight, pop, look over shoulder and pull handle to opposite hip/butt cheek low. Practice, practice!
Old     (captain_vilfo)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-30-2007, 4:04 PM Reply   
everything the people told above is basically true for the 360.

one thing i found that helped me out on a 360 is slowing the boat down to about 17 mph and doing one wake jumps and trying 360's. this may sound gay and not as cool as thowing one wake to wake, but this gave me the balls to actually try one and get the feel for being in the air backwards and passing the handle while on axis. And the fact that the falls dont hurt is a confidence builder also! After you nail them consistently id move the speed up to 20 mph at 60ft, then move back.
Old     (misfits1981)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-30-2007, 4:23 PM Reply   
I'll put my 2 cents in too...I found that when teaching people to do 3's I tell them to take the handle(asuming you are trying a frontside 3) and rotate counterclockwise, or down as I say. This helps keeping the handle in close to the small of your back.
Old     (kingskrew)      Join Date: May 2004       08-30-2007, 4:25 PM Reply   

quote:

I tell them to take the handle and rotate counterclockwise, or down as I say.

I really have no idea what this means.

-Steve
Old     (biglap)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-30-2007, 4:34 PM Reply   
Thanks guys... still reading all your tips!!!
Old     (misfits1981)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-30-2007, 6:17 PM Reply   
KINGSKREW...It's tough without a visual.