Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 15, 2006

Old     (hptesting)      Join Date: Sep 2003       01-27-2006, 10:25 AM Reply   
I am having a REALLY hard time finding someone from Mako. Does anyone have some contact info for the company. The number that I have is disconnected and I get no response from emails.

I need a part for my tower set-up.

thanks,
Chris
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       01-27-2006, 10:36 AM Reply   
I foudn this guy, i needed a part for one of my racks, he said he took care of it , but I never got hte part. good luck. I may also have the presidents cell phone number... I'll pm the cell number

Neil Wahlberg [neil@mako-ind.com]
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-27-2006, 11:40 AM Reply   
guys, I am sorry to say that production was shut down in October. I was told that it was only a restructuring phase and production would ramp back up in February. Time will tell and I will not speculate one way or the other, nor are rumors my game.

Chris-I got your voice mail. I am sorry, but I do not think I can do anything for you until the lines of communication can open up again with Mako.

Adam-I am very sorry about the part for rack. I did everything I could, but only being a mfg's rep and located in the Midwest (factory was in Cali) my hands were a bit tied. Again, I wish I could do more.

My only suggestion would be to continue to try to contact Brian. brian@mako-ind.com

Hopefully, a resurrection will take place soon.
Old     (gmarkham1)      Join Date: Sep 2003       01-27-2006, 11:52 AM Reply   
thanks NAW...

hopefully everyone can get what they need...
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       01-27-2006, 11:56 AM Reply   
no prob NAW , thanks for the rsponse. I ended up gettign the part online. Thanks for all your help
Old     (gmarkham1)      Join Date: Sep 2003       01-27-2006, 12:25 PM Reply   
adam,
what part were you looking for? I need a new quick release handle...
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       01-27-2006, 1:37 PM Reply   
probably the same piece. check this out. it's the same part.

http://www.rogancorp.com/products.asp?id=190
Old     (gmarkham1)      Join Date: Sep 2003       01-27-2006, 3:30 PM Reply   
did it clip in the same way? or is it loose?
Old     (gmarkham1)      Join Date: Sep 2003       01-27-2006, 3:33 PM Reply   
oh and which one did you get? the 40, 65, or 80?
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       01-27-2006, 3:56 PM Reply   
it was a perfect fit. I went to the virtual design link and ordered the one based on the measurements of the original. It was a perfect fit. I can't remember the exact one off hand.
Old     (dan_lee)      Join Date: Jan 2003       01-28-2006, 9:54 AM Reply   
hey guys I've got some Mako Parts in stock, those knobs specifically. Email me if you need one an@surfsideboats.com">Dan@surfsideboats.com

I got a text message from Brian on New Years so apparently he still has a pulse.
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       01-29-2006, 6:49 AM Reply   
If that company is still in business it shouldn't be. Absolutely the worst customer service in the business.
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       01-29-2006, 7:42 AM Reply   
mcmaster.com has this kind of stuff. look for "machine handles". mcmaster is kinda pricey, but super website and you will have it the next day.
Old     (hptesting)      Join Date: Sep 2003       01-29-2006, 3:20 PM Reply   
Thanks for the info guys. I have a speaker/light combo and am in need of one of the chrome LED that shine down into the boat. If anyone knows where I can get one (I need the whole unit) please let me know I will pay for the part.

Thanks,
Chris
Old     (sp0tts)      Join Date: Jun 2004       01-29-2006, 3:59 PM Reply   
Chris,
If you just need a bulb, you should be able to find that at Lowe's or somewhere similar and it'll be cheaper to get it there than through a dealer. I had one burn out on me before. Just unscrew the cover and then pull the bulb out (the bulb will pull straight out, doesn't need to be twisted). Take the bulb with you to Lowe's or somewhere similar and you should be able to find the same size bulb to replace it. It's actually a bulb used in garden accessories I think.
Old     (crowmobe540)      Join Date: Mar 2004       01-30-2006, 6:39 AM Reply   
I have been trying to get a hold of them as well. I was working with Kris and he said he was going to get the parts that I needed back in October. I have been trying to get in touch with him since then with no luck. I need a new light for my speaker and light combo and a new red light bulb. I could probably get the bulb somewhere around here I guess but I don't know what to do about the light. NAW, do you know what brand they used on the 4 speaker combo that went on the supras the first year of the gravity games edition.
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-30-2006, 9:05 AM Reply   
Are you looking for a complete bulb assembly? LED Pod? or just bulbs for either?
Old     (hptesting)      Join Date: Sep 2003       01-30-2006, 9:10 AM Reply   
I actually need the entire housing, not just the bulb, mine broke off. I have no idea how it came off just noticed it one day after the tow home from the lake.

I also got a reply from Chris at Mako sying th part was going to get sent to me. that was in November...and still no part. I have sent several emails with no response. I have also searched for other people connected to Mako with no response from anyone.

If anyone can help with the pary I would appreciate it.

Chris

Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-30-2006, 9:20 AM Reply   
Chris-I understand your dilemma and believe me, I feel your pain. I just wish there was something I could do. Let me reiterate that I am not a Mako employee with ties to their manufacturing, but was simply a sales rep for my territory. I am in no way, shape or form speaking on their behalf.

The issue with your LED pod is that it was/is a part that was designed by Mako, for Mako. There is no off the shelf replacement, unfortunately.

And with Mako not manufacturing anything at this time, you are at the mercy of when/if the come back to life.

(Message edited by ripr on January 30, 2006)
Old     (crowmobe540)      Join Date: Mar 2004       01-30-2006, 9:37 AM Reply   
NAW,
I am looking for the actual light that came on there. There were 5 of them. So did mako make these lights. I would have thought they would have bought them from a company to put on there (like hella, or piaa or something). I guess I just have to wait it out as well?
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-30-2006, 9:42 AM Reply   
Jeremy,
I believe those lights were purchased items. I'm specifically talking about the chrome LED pods that were developed for the Gravity Games combo bar and were later being developed for a stand alone light.

The light(s) you need is a 55 watt projector beam driving light from Hella USA.

Hope that helps.
Old     (crowmobe540)      Join Date: Mar 2004       01-30-2006, 11:42 AM Reply   
Thanks a bunch. I will definitely be looking into that. I appreciate the help. Please make a post when you get more info about the status of mako
Old     (hptesting)      Join Date: Sep 2003       01-30-2006, 2:03 PM Reply   
Thanks NAW,

I guess I will have to start looking for alternatives. It sucks that I cannot get the part after I paid $1800 for the whole set-up. At this point I will not hold my breath that Mako makes a comeback but if they do I need the chrome LED pod and will pay for the replacement!
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       01-30-2006, 2:16 PM Reply   
Hp, do you have a picture of what it looks like?
Old     (hptesting)      Join Date: Sep 2003       01-30-2006, 2:42 PM Reply   
here is the best picture that I have right now what I need is circled (at the time of the picture I still had both LED's). It is a chrome housing with downward facing LED's.