Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old    cstare1212            07-23-2010, 11:42 PM Reply   
hey I've had the same old hyperlite fluid 137 for way too long and its about time I invest in a new board. Im not that good i can just go w2w hs and ts and a hs 180 and backroll. I am looking for a board that i can buy now and improve on and continue to improve on. I dont really want to buy an intermediate board and then in a couple years buy an advanced board (just too expensive). I've recently been looking at the 2010 Ronix One board and bindings. I really like the looks of that and from the few reviews i have found on it, its a good board that I think I could get on and get used to fairly easily and I like how its a three stage rocker, I think that would be better for me. Let me know what yall think anything will help.
Old    star_star            07-24-2010, 8:26 AM Reply   
there is no question that you are past ready for a pro-model board. rand i can't do what you can do and i ride a 2008 byerly monarch. my wife says i ride better on it than i do any of my other six boards. i have several of murray's boards and have like them all. '03, '04, roam, '08, and a brand new 2010 board i am gona ride today. i have loved all of his boards except the '04 temet and i got the wrong size and never really gave myself a good chance to get used to it. buy a two year old board on closeout and save a lot of bucks. go to the gear section at the top and read about the boards you amy be interested in an d read the reviews although you have to be careful what you take from them. good luck and let us know what you end up with. the cwb absolutes and transcends are good boards too. so is the obrien natural.
Old     (BigTEX)      Join Date: Feb 2010       07-26-2010, 6:17 PM Reply   
If you were previously riding the fluid I would say stick with a continuous rocker line. I used to ride a ronix one and thought it was pretty slow like most of danny's boards because of the 3 stage rocker. If your set on ronix check out the Bill ( I think they make it in a 137 too) I have taken a few sets on it and I really enjoyed it. Plus they have a super durable base and the board is built to last.
Old     (BigTEX)      Join Date: Feb 2010       07-26-2010, 6:19 PM Reply   
I forgot to add that all ronix boots are great and the one bindings are my favorite out of the lineup
Old     (cheesydog)      Join Date: Mar 2009       07-26-2010, 7:09 PM Reply   
I may be against the herd but Ive never been a fan of the one. I dont think its especially a board for intermediate riders either. Boards that seem to suit a lot of riders through all skill levels, for me the Watson, Lyman, S4.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       07-26-2010, 7:27 PM Reply   
demo a board before you buy it. three stage is slower to the wake than a continuous rocker. try different brands . i tried cwb, obrien,hyperlite,byerly,liquid force and company . it's good to get suggestions but buy what you like any pro board you like will help you progress.
Old     (hyperlite)      Join Date: May 2009       07-27-2010, 4:11 AM Reply   
I have a 141 marek bio for sale with boots if interested.