Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 16, 2009

Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       09-18-2009, 11:30 PM Reply   
Anyone else get to experience the best time of the year on the Delta today. Hot Hot, and nothing but absolute BUTTA for miles everywhere you look. This is the time of year I live for on the delta.

Sorry, no pics. Took a couple on my crackberry but im too lazy to load them onto the computer
Old     (dmc_napa)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-19-2009, 7:25 AM Reply   
THIS IS A LIE! This poster is trying to get you to travel and waste gas and time. The Delta is at its worst this time of year. Bad wind, surfers everwhere and HUGE seals attacking any rider brave enough to TRY to ride in these terrible conditions. For your safety, please stay away until Memorial day.

Callen, flame on Vince, I was lazy too and didn't log out her user name.
Old     (wakebrdmom)      Join Date: Mar 2006       09-19-2009, 7:27 AM Reply   
Yesterday was epic. Butter everywhere. Sorry no pics either, I was too busy driving. Hit us up anytime you want to ride, we usually ride Wed, Fri, Sat and Sun this time of year. School and basketball are starting to take time away from the water.
Old     (el_squirreleto)      Join Date: Jul 2008       09-19-2009, 11:07 AM Reply   
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!! Don't give away the hidden secret called the Delta! I think everyone should put there boats away because its way to cold out there!
Old     (cavlxenvy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-19-2009, 11:26 AM Reply   
It's horrendous right now. Nobody should go out there. Especially tomorrow. Just to be sure, I will head out there to check on the safety of the Delta. I will report back on conditions Monday.
Old     (parkgirl)      Join Date: Nov 2001       09-19-2009, 1:49 PM Reply   
I thought riding season ended on Labor Day?
Old     (norcalbordr)      Join Date: Feb 2006       09-19-2009, 2:13 PM Reply   
yeah it did. Nobody should waste time going out there. Delta is closed for the season.
Old     (pavement_rider)      Join Date: Feb 2009       09-19-2009, 3:40 PM Reply   
We were out tues. floating debri eveywhere, saw 10 sheriffs writing tickets to everyone and the wind was blowing 94 MPH. They doubled the launch fee and tried to charge extra for parking. Winterize those boats and put em away or go to the lake !!!! The Delta closes after LD.
Old    59yroldkid            09-19-2009, 5:33 PM Reply   
Actually, the water did seem to have cooled off a bit last Thursday.
Old     (seth)      Join Date: Sep 2002       09-21-2009, 9:34 AM Reply   
We came up from Santa Barbara and were out there Wednesday thru Sunday and it was insane!! We are thinking about getting a place there next year. Met Chuck Payton at Orwood he introduced us to a bunch of cool people. We managed to wally out going down the wrong direction on Railroads (I think) but got that figured out pretty quick (thanks Hoffmans!). Trying to plan another trip in the next couple weeks.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       09-25-2009, 2:09 AM Reply   
delta was fun yesterday. well, for evan and me it was, but myke got jacked!
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       09-25-2009, 7:51 AM Reply   
Leave it to Linda to throw out an honest report!Upload
Old     (venom93corba)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-25-2009, 1:00 PM Reply   
Guys Im jealous! The way you speak of this "Delta" its like its the search for the Holy Grail, lol. I'm from the midwest, where is Delta actually located? Is it a lake or river? Just curious.
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-29-2009, 2:10 PM Reply   
I hate the delta! When I am out in the flats and riding, when I look down the glass makes me look fat!
Old     (supraride)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-29-2009, 5:20 PM Reply   
Buffalow, Thats friggin hilarious.