Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 07, 2006

Old     (summerryder)      Join Date: Apr 2004       07-01-2006, 5:45 AM Reply   
Sorry about my creative spelling of "Woody"!
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-01-2006, 11:12 AM Reply   
JB I can resize them.
Old     (gpalovcak)      Join Date: May 2003       07-03-2006, 10:53 AM Reply   
Anybody hit the Delware river yet? We were thinking of going tomorrow but still a little leary of the debris.
Old     (bwood)      Join Date: Jul 2003       07-03-2006, 12:07 PM Reply   
I took a look at the river morning and it still looks bad, even at 12 I didn't see a single boat out there. Since it took me four hours to clean the boat inside and out, so I'm in no hurry to put it back in that very dirty, debris filled water.
Old     (gpalovcak)      Join Date: May 2003       07-03-2006, 1:39 PM Reply   
I guess you pulled your boat out Woody? Thanks for the info it saves me a trip. Maybe by the weekend if we do not get anymore big storms rolling through it will be ridable.
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-03-2006, 4:27 PM Reply   
anyone go the Gerry Nunn Malibu Clinic at lake hopatcong, just wondering how it was.
Old    lakehopatcongnj            07-03-2006, 5:22 PM Reply   
great website! just signed up today. i'm from lake hopatcong, nj and always looking to ride. maybe if there is enough interest, we can start a wakeboard/ wakeskate club or something around here. just trying to maximize my time behind a boat
Old     (bwood)      Join Date: Jul 2003       07-03-2006, 5:53 PM Reply   
Yeah, I pulled her out George. I figured after everything she had been though my baby deserved some tlc. I'm thinking that by Thursday or Friday the river should be good to go.
Old     (elo)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-03-2006, 9:08 PM Reply   
Me and gerald will be out there tomorow. if we see anyone make sure to say hi.
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-04-2006, 12:34 PM Reply   
Welcome Dan.
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-04-2006, 1:17 PM Reply   
Happy July 4th everyone!

Well, I stopped at Bordentown today on the way home from Mays Landing. The river is still in sad shape, alot of debris and muddy water.
Hopefully this weekend it should be rideable.
Anyone up for pulls this saturday morning, let me know.

Jim, sounds like you had a great time on the Mullica. Maybe this friday I can follow you down there, your family and mine (my boat or both boats).

Woody, glad to hear the Bu is okay.

JB, can't wait to see those pics. Are you available to ride this saturday? \

Dan, welcome! Do you know mango?
Old     (elo)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-04-2006, 7:24 PM Reply   
Dave, saturday evenings are great at florence and if you stick around till it gets dark you can watch the florence fire works from the PA side of the river.
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-05-2006, 10:18 AM Reply   
Dave I'll call you tomorrow and see whats up for Friday. I have to go to work today and fight for off Friday. They are trying to screw me out of this Friday. I'll call you Tomorrow for sure.
Old     (eustace)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-05-2006, 10:36 AM Reply   
What’s up Everyone,,,,,, I hope you all enjoyed the holiday. While our boat stayed on the trailer all weekend (because of floods) it afforded me an opportunity to put the finishing touches on our hot tub project. What seemed like a fairly simple job has consumed much of my time over the last month, I’ll spare you the details but I will post some pics as soon as I can.

More importantly the river is receding to its normal level and the weather is going to be perfect for wakeboarding this weekend! Annette and I are heading out around 10am on Sunday and are IN NEED OF A 3RD, let me know if anyone is interested.
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-05-2006, 5:49 PM Reply   
River update......still flowing very fast and extremely dirty/muddy. This is as of weds. at 5pm.

Hopefully it will clear itself out by the weekend.

Jim, I'll be waiting for your call thursday.

Eustace, if I don't go out saturday myself, I may be available sunday. I'll let you know.

Where's Justin and Michele? Haven't heard from them since last week.
Old     (prostar87)      Join Date: Nov 2005       07-05-2006, 5:57 PM Reply   
yo dave the river is fine now i was in it all week theres still some crap in it but its not bad at all
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-05-2006, 7:38 PM Reply   
Dave, This is what I know as of right now. I am off Friday. My wife and kids are now leaving Thursday around 3 pm for a 3day trip to Ocean City to see her parents. So I called her friend who always goes with us on Fridays to see if her and her son still would like to go out and she said she will call me in the morning Thursday and tell me yes or no. She was kneeboarding Friday and did a nasty face plant. Her neck hurts but I told her she will be fine since I'm a doctor now . So I'll call you around lunch time to tell you if it's me and 2 more or if I'm flying solo. I'm pretty sure her and her son will come so we would have 3 on each boat unless you wanted to just all go on yours it's up to you. I'm cool either way just as long as I get in the water Friday I'll be happy .

Also everybody please cross your fingers for me tomorrow because I have a career changing job interview at 1 pm and want this job real bad. Thanks
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-05-2006, 7:56 PM Reply   
Dave,
Justins sister is in the hospital so they have been out in PA for a lot of the past week. I was not totally clear on the circumstances but I didn't want to pry. Let's just say a prayer that she is doing well.

Jim, Best of luck man.
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-05-2006, 9:01 PM Reply   
To echo Eustace's sentiments, I hope everyone had an enjoyable July 4th Weekend.

Doreen, Connor and I hit Turtle Cove Saturday and Sunday, but both days were afternoon high tides
so by the time we got out there it was crowded, choppy and windy. We salvaged each day with a handful of
decent evening pulls.
On Monday Doreen had to work, so Connor and I headed down to Avalon to rip it up at The Horseshoe
with KG, Karen, Micah, Doug and Doug's sister Merideth. The day started crowded and choppy, but as
evening approached we had the place almost all to ourselves. It was another great day of riding at The Shoe.
Here's KG, Connor and Doug all getting some air.
Upload
Upload
Upload

Dave: Justin and Michele were going to come to Turtle Cove on Sunday, but at the last minute they had
to tend to some family issues. I'm hopeful that we'll see them back here again soon.

JB! Please, email me the Matt Hickman pictures too! I can really use them for the web page.

Oh, did I mention? I'm slowly working on populating www.njwakefest.com with information. It's pretty
bare bones and beginner looking right now, but it's getting there.

I have to work this Saturday, but I'm planning to push-off at 6:30am on Sunday for some of that early morning
Turtle Cove butter. I so ready already.
Old     (matrix732)      Join Date: Nov 2005       07-06-2006, 9:46 AM Reply   
Hey mango....I went to the Jerry Nunn clinic. I did the Friday morning session. I did not feel as though I really got much out of the session, but it was awesome getting pulls behind a brand new wakesetter and getting to watch Gerry rip it up. I feel for the cash that I put out it was well worth it. I got to meet a couple pretty cool people that ride Lake Hopatcong too!
Old     (holiday13)      Join Date: Mar 2006       07-06-2006, 2:04 PM Reply   
Hey Brendan, my brother in law is moving to the area and is looking for a GIS job (and I saw in your sig that you are in that field). He has his masters in GIS and has been working in that field for the past 8 years in CO, is just moving east with my sister. Is your firm hiring or if you can offer any leads they would be much appreciated! Thanks
Old     (gpalovcak)      Join Date: May 2003       07-06-2006, 3:20 PM Reply   
We might try going out Sunday morning on the Delaware, so maybe we will see you out there Eustace.
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-06-2006, 7:15 PM Reply   
Alex, nice pics!

The river is looking better.....should be good by sunday. I won't be hitting it this saturday after all.....going to take a road trip out to Lake Aldred near Lancaster, PA.

Evening ride this coming MONDAY night, 4-8 pm. (July 10th)
Anyone want a pull, let me know. (Bordentown)

Finally, best wishes to Justins' sister. Hope she has a speedy recovery.
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-06-2006, 7:48 PM Reply   
Justin, I hope all is well with your sister.
Old     (eustace)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-07-2006, 1:37 PM Reply   
Dave, count Annette & Me in for Monday….

Alex, the website looks great, nice work!

Justin / Michele, We hope all is well.

Have a great weekend everyone!
Old    don_s            07-07-2006, 2:31 PM Reply   
Hi folks,

I report on the outdoors for the Inquirer and am hoping to find some wakeboarders this Sunday.

I don't know squat about wakeboarding, which is pretty much the norm for me every week. My last article was about ridge soaring in a glider; before that, folding bikes; before that, hiking the AT to the Pinnacle and Pulpit Rock. (Tough job, huh?)

So if anyone is planning to get on a board and wouldn't mind a reporter and photographer tagging along (on the boat), please let me know asap. The ideal would be in the Delaware River/Rancocas Creek area Sunday afternoon, although we may be flexible on both.

(I completely missed the NJ Wakefest because I was desperately looking for a land-based story at the time. Grrr.)

Thanks!
Don Sapatkin
Outdoors Writer
Philadelphia Inquirer
http://go.philly.com/outdoors

215-247-8956 (home: this weekend only)
610-313-8246 (work: Mon-Wed)
dsapatkin@phillynews.com (always)
Old    lakehopatcongnj            07-07-2006, 4:20 PM Reply   
thanks for the welcomes fellas. i do not know mango. i don't know anyone around here - just moved here in december. anyway, it's awesome that so many people ride in nj. i just started wakeboarding last summer but i've been snowboarding for a while. broke my shoulder in march but holding on to the line behind the boat is stretching me nicely
Old     (harlemice)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-07-2006, 6:03 PM Reply   
KG and Doug, and anyone else who is going to be in the city on Monday evening there is going to be concert of a friends band on the lower east side. I think they're pretty good, you can check out a bunch of their stuff at keegandewitt.com. Let me know.
Peace
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-07-2006, 6:44 PM Reply   
Don, I sent you an e-mail regarding sunday.
George & Eustace, I may see you on sunday morning as well. Monday evening riding should be good too. Plenty of room on the Mastercraft.

A BIG thanks to Jim B. for taking me and Kyle out today! Great riding spot on a friday, Jim!
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-07-2006, 6:52 PM Reply   
Hey Cole! If you feel like making that crazy all-night bus trip from Manhattan to Manahawkin again this
weekend, we're pushing-off at 6:30am this Sunday. Maybe you'll see the guy with the puke on his
shirt again! So far it's just me, Doreen and Charles on the boat. It's going to be a killer
morning out in Turtle Cove.

Don S: You have email.

Thanks for the words of encouragement on the website Eustace. Keep checking it from time to time.
My plan is to continually improve it.
Old     (njladydriver)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-07-2006, 8:11 PM Reply   
Justin, my prayers go out to your sister. I hope all is well. Of course if there is anything we can do for you, you know you can give us a hollar.
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-08-2006, 5:55 AM Reply   
Dave you and Kyle are very welcome. I'm glad you guys can down to check out the Mullica. Hope you guys come down again soon.
Old     (bwood)      Join Date: Jul 2003       07-08-2006, 7:02 AM Reply   
I just got back from the Bordentown ramp and it's a mess. The last time I looked at the Trenton docks they were twisted in front of the ramp.
Upload
Upload
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-08-2006, 8:06 AM Reply   
The Super Air is pulling-out at 6:30am if any of you Delaware River guys want to make the trip. As of this
moment (11:00am Saturday) there's still room on the boat. Even if you CAN find a place to launch, is it
really worth the risk of ripping your prop and shaft off on a log, or worse, rider injury?
You all have my cell number. Give me a ring if you want to make the trip. You could even come tonight and
stay over instead getting-up to drive at 4:30am.

I added more pictures to www.njwakefest.com last night. Check 'em out!
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-08-2006, 2:07 PM Reply   
Alex the web site is looking awesome. Great job. Before the summer get to far away from me, I'll have to come down for a day at the Turtle. Say hi to Dooreen and Connor for me.

I find it hard to believe that in this day in age when we have hugh amounts of rain and the ability to tell the world in advance about the rising tides and floods that some jackass in charge doesn't order the pull out of the docks at those ramps. Now they are damaged. Good call person in charge you should get a raise.

Eustace what's up brother? How's the family? How's the riding so far this season?
Old     (gpalovcak)      Join Date: May 2003       07-08-2006, 2:08 PM Reply   
Hey Dave you still launching out of Bordertown. Those Pics from woody look like it is closed?
Old     (bwood)      Join Date: Jul 2003       07-08-2006, 2:40 PM Reply   
I just drove by the Trenton ramp and the docks are gone, but the ramp is clear. If you can go without docks you can still use the ramp.

As far as the Bordentown ramp goes, the girl that checks for passes said that they were going to clear the trees out sometime this week. I'll believe it when I see it. Last year when the last section of dock was damaged by the flood, they left it sitting in the parking lot all year.
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-08-2006, 3:21 PM Reply   
Woody, thanks for the pics. I was at B-town on tuesday and the right ramp was open then, no logs in the way. I guess since then that log floated there.

That would make Trenton the better choice this sunday. Brian, you still going out? Give me a call on the cell. (I have extra room for sunday if anyone else wants to ride) I still plan on hitting it monday evening too.

Alex, thank you for the invite, but I'd like to come down to the cove sometime when high tide is a bit later (say 8-9am) :-) I do want to check out your area soon! If you ever want a pull on the Egg Harbor river sometime, let me know. I think it's only about 30 minutes from Manahawkin. BTW, nice website!
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-08-2006, 3:33 PM Reply   
Woody,

I just talked to Don Sapatkin from the Inquirer, he's going to try to come out sunday with me. If you're out there, flag me down so he can get a chance to speak with all of us and the photographer can take some good pics. He's going to shoot for around 11am. I'd be picking him up at the Florence NJ dock.
Old     (bwood)      Join Date: Jul 2003       07-08-2006, 4:18 PM Reply   
Dave, you may see me out there Monday after work, but Sunday is just no good for me.
Old     (prostar87)      Join Date: Nov 2005       07-09-2006, 12:17 PM Reply   
yo dave i saw u on 95 the other day going to work
Old     (prostar87)      Join Date: Nov 2005       07-09-2006, 12:18 PM Reply   
yo dave i saw u on 95 the other day with ur boat
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-10-2006, 6:41 AM Reply   
Hey All! I've finally gotten the time to write and let everyone know what's going on! I haven't been reading WW or my email for over a week now.

First and foremost, thank you all for the kind words and thoughts. My sister is doing "better" and was released from the hospital and is home now recovering. I just hope she recovers fully and quickly.

It has been an extremely long time since Michele and I have gotten out. We headed to Turtle Cove Sunday morning after calling Alex late Saturday night. It was a good day. (As always, thank you to Alex & Doreen for the pulls and hospitality) We had to fight off tons of greenheads (my whole foot swelled up from a bite on the bottom of my foot), wally's driving circles around the cove and actually coming within 20 ft of me while in the water) and some very much unwanted rollers. But all in all it was great just to be on the water again.

I even tried to wakeskate! Def. a difficult thing to do, but I liked it. I give a lot of props to wakeskaters, because I cannot imagine how they do those tricks.

Anywho, we'll be out on the Delaware tonight, Monday, with Dave. We'll see anyone who is out there. We're pumped to go out again tonight!
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-10-2006, 7:51 AM Reply   
A local wakeboarding article in the making!

Yesterday I had the good fortune of hosting Don Sapatkin and photographer John from the Philadelphia Inquirer for a day of wakeboarding. We tried to portray the sport as best we could, explaining various riding techniques, styles and abilities. Although we did not have any "superstar riders" with us, I believe we still gave them a pretty good show. Denise also demonstrated riding the wakeskate, and Annette did some slalom skiing as well. Among the people interviewed and photographed were:

George
Denise
Their two kids
Brian
Annette
Gary
Kyle
Myself

Don is the writer for the paper covering outdoor activities and John did the photography taking 540 pictures! WOW! I hope he has a few good ones for the paper!

Look for the story this saturday, July 15th in the Philadelphia Inquirer outdoor section.

On another note, JB if you read this today, we're going out riding tonight 4-8pm out of B-town. Come on out if you can!
Old     (scilost)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-10-2006, 10:53 AM Reply   
good stuff again this weekend.

Thanks for the pull Alex and Doreen,
Waking up at 3:50 to pick up cole from NYC at 4:45 worked out very well, as did the rest of the day. The water started out good and it seemed like everyone was riding well. Even though the cove became quite skied off, it still was alot of fun. Meeting a couple new kids is always cool as well.

here are a couple photos,
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-10-2006, 11:31 AM Reply   
Wow Doug, that pic of my actually kind of makes me look like I'm doing some kind of trick! Or about to EAT it which is the norm and I believe was the outcome of that jump. LOL

Good pics! It was a nice day of riding!
Old    don_s            07-10-2006, 5:21 PM Reply   
The story will be out Saturday. We never know beforehand which photos will get in, but John made a nice his-and-hers set of George (up) and Denise (down). Sorry, Denise.

Meanwhile, can anyone offer guidance in two areas?

1) I'm looking for one or two very basic how-to-get-started-in-wakeboarding links to give readers, 98 percent of whom will know nothing about it. The best I've found so far is http://www.wakeworld.com/Articles/2002/GettingUp.asp , but there must be newer stuff out there.

Any recommendations?

2) I'd also like to know about any shops, schools, (clubs?) that offer wakeboarding lessons in the Philadelphia region and the South Jersey shore (from Toms River down). I'll confirm with them before publication. (If you know of a place that you wouldn't recommend, just don't mention it!)

Much obliged.
Don
610-313-8246
dsapatkin@phillynews.com
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-10-2006, 6:34 PM Reply   
Wow, looks like I missed a pretty cool weekend! And not being one not to share excitement I'll pass along what I did this weekend!

Sat: Karen and I made 3 (count em 3) trips to home Depot to pick up 10, 7-foot tall, 80lb Arbivite trees for my dad. After these 3 trips I got the uncanny idea to dig and plant all ten trees. Crazy thing about this...It took less time to plant the trees then to get them!
Sun: cleaned the attic office, built 2 computers and the washed and waxed my truck!
...Yes I missed you all!

Don,
believe it or not, although yes that article is dated, the basic's of wakeboarding have not changed. A few of us have adopted the techniques and modified things a little to better suit the masses, but the principles are exactly the same.

Looking forward to the article.

KG
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-10-2006, 9:01 PM Reply   
Don, I don't know of any clubs or schools but you should mention this forum because last month we hosted our first annual NEW JERSEY EAST WEST WAKE Fest and plan on making it bigger and better every year.
As far as shops Alex should post soon and give you info on them.

I think as far as advice about getting started the best would be our forum because we are full of great people here in the NEW JERSEY RIDERS 2006 who are eager to meet new people and introduce them to our sport that we are all so passionate about. We all even offer up pulls on our boats to complete strangers just to share with them the love of the sport. I'm new to the sport and have gotten good pointers from a lot of people on this forum.
Old     (wakecis)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-11-2006, 7:36 AM Reply   
first off, big thanks to alex and doreen, definately the hostess' with the mostest. always a good time. fun riding and cool to hang with some new local riders.

this coming weekend....

brian - i think i'm staying in new york which means i'm free most all weekend to ride at b-town. call or email me.

doug - nice meeting up and riding. you know anything about lake hoptacong. if your west of NYC and have a car your probably 30-40 minutes from the lake. never ridden there but know there are some riders.....we should check it out.
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-11-2006, 8:14 AM Reply   
Ok, I am going to politely ask for all photographic pictures of me to *NOT*, I repeat to *NOT* be posted as they are all very bad.

If you'd like to post a pic of me riding, please send to me to preapprove . I thank you all for your cooperation in this matter.

On another note, yesterday's riding with Dave & family, George, Brian and Annette was a great time and it's what riding is all about. Although the wind seemed to kick up some weird rollers (and 2 "rogue" wakes over the bow ), we still managed to find some decent water and get some rides in. Dave as always, thanks for the pulls!

Brian and Annette, I'll see you on Saturday @ B-town. I think Michelle is trying to weasel her way into going riding for 2 hrs or so then heading to the party. Looking forward to riding! Oh an Brian, I don't remember if I said thanks, but thank you for letting me try the Absolute! I think if I ride it again I'll take out the center fin. It was a lot of fun riding that board.

(Message edited by newmy79 on July 11, 2006)
Old     (scilost)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-11-2006, 9:12 AM Reply   
charles, yea lake hopatcong is about 45 minutes away, I do not know anybody who wakeboards out there, but maybe that can work itself out.

justin, my bad
Old     (eustace)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-11-2006, 12:48 PM Reply   
Here’s a few pics from last evenings session of the ‘Monday - Night Club…..

Annette, Kyle, Justin, and last 2 are of the water in Dave’s boat just after we where hit with a rouge wave. It was indeed horrific, like something from the Perfect Storm..

No Problem Justin, see you Saturday

Many thanks to Laura & Dave for having us out.

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (bwood)      Join Date: Jul 2003       07-11-2006, 1:40 PM Reply   
Wow Dave, you took on a lot of water. What was a tug boat going by at about 10mph, putting off a 4ft wake?
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-11-2006, 3:47 PM Reply   
Actually, (gulp) it was me turning back into my own wake to pick-up a downed rider!

But the looks on George's and Brian's faces were priceless! (they were lounging in the bow facing the windshield)

Good thing the water color matches my interior :-)

Thanks to all who came out yesterday.
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-11-2006, 4:02 PM Reply   
...nothing wrong with a little water in the boat people
Old     (gpalovcak)      Join Date: May 2003       07-11-2006, 4:32 PM Reply   
Well when Dave said "Watch out for a little water" I was not expecting a wave over the boat and did not even turn to look. Next think I new me and Brian were being thrown to the floor from the wave. A little scary at first but a good laugh later.
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-11-2006, 8:02 PM Reply   
First, mucho "Your Welcomes" to all of last Saturday's Turtle Cove crew. The greenheads were evil and
the tubers were plentiful, but over-all I think we all had a great day on the water. I'll post the group
photo next week. Doreen and I really enjoy hosting this kind of wake gathering. It's what we do!
Also, at the end of the day there was a formal induction ceremony and Cole is now an official hat wearing
member of The 609TCC!

With the mid-summer greenheads and tubers firmly in place at Turtle Cove now, Doreen and I are probably going
to tow to Bordentown this Saturday. I'm hopeful my two-wheel drive van won't get stuck in that loose Bordentown
ramp gravel. Anyone know the tide schedule for this Saturday? And maybe we'll see some of you out there!
I'm hoping to get there as early as I can. The ramp is back open now, right? Is there anything I should know?

Dave: Yeah, I've had rollers slosh over my bow a couple of times. I hate it when that happens!
And, if I slow down too fast, I'll even have the wake come up and wash over the BACK of the boat! So, to avoid
the rear wash-over we always decelerate slowly and evenly, and then we throw the boat in reverse before
turning around. This totally eliminates the rollers that could wash over the front. We learned this
reversing technique from Russ back in May.
Old     (gpalovcak)      Join Date: May 2003       07-12-2006, 4:09 AM Reply   
Here is an on-line tide chart. Trenton would probably work for Bordentown.

http://www.saltwatertides.com/dynamic.dir/delawareriversites.html
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-12-2006, 7:21 AM Reply   
I DID IT! Yesterday I got a certified letter in the mail with a career changing job offer. I signed the offer and dropped it off in person on my way to my current job. As of August 1st I will be the newest Operator Mechanic at DUPONT PERFORMANCE ELASTOMERS. I can't wait to go to work today and tell them I'm thinking of leaving. I'm leaving behind 13 years of my life. I am the top dog being shop stewart and having 4 weeks vacation but Dupont gives me and my family that stable future that I need. They are sending me to school for the whole month of August and I'll go on shifts in September so my Fridays are down but I'll get days off in the middle of the week which is better on the water. So I'll be able to come out on a Monday night and hang with the crew in September.
Old     (scilost)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-12-2006, 7:36 AM Reply   
Congrats, i have no idea what an operator mechanic at dupont performance elastomers is but good for you. You seem superstoked, and any the extra good water time is as good as vacation.
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-12-2006, 8:02 AM Reply   
Thanks Doug. Maybe we'll get a chance this summer to ride together and I'll tell you all about it.
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-12-2006, 2:13 PM Reply   
Alex, Yes the B-town ramp is in good shape, at low tide use the right ramp (looking at the river). The only loose gravel is at the top of the ramp. If you can avoid dead low tide, all the better but it's still doable.

Brian is using the Trenton ramp, although there are no docks right now (flood).

Jim, BIG CONGRATS on the new job!!! You gotta be stoked!
Old    shrom_in_the_609            07-12-2006, 4:19 PM Reply   
yo wats up guys, im dave shrom im from tabernacle,nj. im 17 and i was wondering about this whole NJ Riders deal. i was also wondering if any one rides on the mullica or any where down around LBI. Basically i am wondering if someone can give me a pull every once in a while..i was told by jim? that everyone on here is pretty chill.
Old     (eustace)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-12-2006, 5:32 PM Reply   
Welcome Dave S,

Alex, that will be great if you and Doreen can make it on Saturday, I will be launching at B-Town around 11am, as of now I have a full load with my Niece and Nephew up from Delaware.

Saturday Tides.

Sa 15 Low 1:46 AM 0.5
15 High 6:42 AM 9.2
15 Low 2:24 PM 0.1
15 High 7:21 PM 8.3

Jim, Congratulations!!!!!
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-12-2006, 6:37 PM Reply   
Thanks Eustace. I'm gonna come down very soon and ride with you. I promise

Dave Shrom welcome to the thread. Dave's mom and my wife know each other. He's a good guy and a good rider from what I heard.He'll fit in well here.
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-12-2006, 7:05 PM Reply   
Greetings Dave Strom: If you're on LBI I suggest you go over to Island Surf & Sail in Brant Beach and talk
to Shana. She knows all there is to know about the local wakeboarding scene, and if anyone can steer you
in the direction of an LBI area pull, it's Shana.

Eustace: Alright man, we'll see you out there! I'm hoping to get there by 7:30/8:00am. I want to be sure
to get some of that morning Delaware River glass of which woody speaks so highly. Maybe this will sort of be
the wakefest gathering that June 3rd started out as. Perhaps afterwards we can even do some grilling
on shore, followed up with cigars and possibly an adult beverage or two.

Hey Dave!- Are you heading down to Mays Landing again this weekend or are you staying local for the Alex and
Eustace mini nj wakefest on Saturday?! I wonder what other crazy wakeboard type people I
could round-up on such a short notice. Hmmm...
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-12-2006, 9:11 PM Reply   
Karen, Doug and myself will be in Bordentown Sat around 8am to meet up with Alex and Doreen! I love fresh water, its like landing on a pile of pillows compared to saltwater!
Old     (bwood)      Join Date: Jul 2003       07-13-2006, 3:12 AM Reply   
For b-town Accuweather is showing sunny, very warm and 3-4mph wind = morning glass. I should see you out there around 9-9:30, It's going to be a very nice day.
Old     (gpalovcak)      Join Date: May 2003       07-13-2006, 5:49 AM Reply   
We are planning to go out Saturday morning. We will make sure to take a run up by Bordentown. I am guessing we are heading out about 9 or so.
Old     (eustace)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-13-2006, 6:16 AM Reply   
I am so Stoked for Saturday,, 92, sunny, minimal winds and a full compliment of wakeboarders!!!!!

We are defiantly up for Grill’n & Chill’n later in the day.
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-13-2006, 6:56 AM Reply   
Oh yes. The minifest is coming together! And Eustace isn't just definite about grillin' & chillin',
he's "DEFIANT!"

Hey KG: The Delaware River definitely isn't salt water, but I wouldn't go as far as to call it "fresh."

Woody, George, we'll be looking for you. Maybe we can all do some boat hoping to check-out the different wakes.

Hey Jim: Congrats on landing the new gig! Dupont, huh? I guess this means you're a Rainbow Warrior now, right?

I guess I'll throw some lawn chairs in the van for the post-boarding grillfest. Has anyone ever grilled
there before? Do you bring your own grills or do you bring charcoal use the ones there?
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-13-2006, 8:09 AM Reply   
ALEX I said I was changing my job not my sexual preference. I don't care how much they pay me I'll never like 24.I wish I knew about this big get together in the works cause I would have jumped in on it. I kinda have plans for later in the day.
Old     (eustace)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-13-2006, 8:18 AM Reply   
Ha ha ha ha!!! *#$(%^ ing spell check…..

I have one of those little Weber Smokey Joe’s Upload and charcoal I can bring.
Old    shrom_in_the_609            07-13-2006, 8:53 AM Reply   
Alex thnks a lot yea i havent gone over there in a while considering the fact that i work at a surf shop that competes with them in the market haha but wat ever i gues ill have to stop by and see whats up.

any one going to be on the Mullica River tonite around 530....
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-13-2006, 9:19 AM Reply   
Dave: Faria's and Island Surf & Sail pretty much target two separate demographics with maybe only a little
overlap. Does Faria's sell kiteboarding gear? Nope. Does Faria's sell wakeboards? I don't think so.
ISS is the only wakeboarding shop on LBI. If you want to know about wakeboarding on LBI, ISS is the place to go.

Eustace: That little grill is perfect!
Old    shrom_in_the_609            07-13-2006, 10:53 AM Reply   
Alex: actually kiteboarding your right we dont sell..but we do have a small selection of wakeboards...its only old liquid force cuase we never sell wakeboards cause its a surf shop but i would figure that ISS is a much better place to go....do you happen to know where they ride at
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-13-2006, 12:14 PM Reply   
Oh this sounds like it's gonna be fun!

Everybody's there on the Deleware!
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-13-2006, 4:54 PM Reply   
Well, it's Thursday evening and I'm off to 60 Sylvia for the weekend. As usual, I won't have computer access
until late Sunday night, so if you need me call me or text message me. Otherwise,
see you Saturday morning in Bordentown!

Dave: Just go over to ISS and chat with Shana or Terry or Mike. If you want, you can even tell them I
sent you.
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-13-2006, 6:05 PM Reply   
The 4 of us will be there saturday, too! Should be a good time with all the boats and crew!

Justin & Michele, if you need a ride we'll have some room. Sounds like everyone has a full boat.

Low tide at 2:24pm could be a good chance to BBQ on the sandbar. Brian, bring that grill and we can shuttle it over to the sandbar.

We should be there between 8-9am. See you then!