Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 19, 2005

Old    drewsky24            05-24-2005, 1:39 PM Reply   
Has anyone ever heard someone say "If your not falling, your not learning". Just wondering if anyone else has ever heard this or am I the only one?
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       05-24-2005, 1:41 PM Reply   
All the time!!
Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-24-2005, 1:46 PM Reply   
This is exactly the reason why I am riding the exact same as I was 6 years ago... also why I stick to teaching and driving. I HATE FALLING!
Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-24-2005, 2:29 PM Reply   
yep, best one I like to tell people the harder you are falling the closer to landing the trick you are.
Old     (h20jnky)      Join Date: Mar 2003       05-24-2005, 2:32 PM Reply   
how about stitches get bitches...
Old    socalgrl79            05-24-2005, 3:59 PM Reply   
Haha! Ryan - you're so right.
Old    clubjoeskier            05-24-2005, 4:12 PM Reply   
I must be the "learning poster child", lately, cuz I been fallin uh LOT...
Old    drewsky24            05-24-2005, 4:35 PM Reply   
Thats a relief, because I said that to my friend that does the same stuff over and over again and as soon as I was done saying it I felt kinda stupid because I wasn't sure if it was true or not.
Old    edward            05-24-2005, 7:05 PM Reply   
thats not true. you could just stick everything first try.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-24-2005, 7:28 PM Reply   
yea, i landed my first attempt at a bs 3
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       05-24-2005, 7:52 PM Reply   
I'm a firm believer that if you crash a new trick more then 3 times in a row it's probably best to move on to something else before you get stuck in a rut. Case in point was my son Chris learning a TS frontroll years back. He literally threw it 37 times in a row (I am not exaggerating - my wife counted em) and crashed everytime. This happened at Victoria and it took 2 times up and 1 trip back before I made him get in the boat. He was so uptight he couldn't see straight, let alone even talk about it. I was trying to tell him what I thought he was doing wrong which wasn't going over very well.

Anyway next morning he watched one of his videos, bounced on the tramp for a bit and announced he had figured out what he was doing wrong. I took him out and he stomped the first one and that trick became an afterthought from then on.

I still have to remind him of the "3 crash and it's time to move on rule" at times these days but he still won't listen.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-24-2005, 8:15 PM Reply   
Rich, I have the same rule. If I dont land something, or come close to landing it my first few attempt, then I save it for another day. What happened to you son happened to me on tantrums. I learned really easy, then one day I couldnt do them anymore and it was odd. I spent days going for them and never getting them. So I took a break from tantrums. I started trying them again this year and now I am landing them no problem. But I am definately not going to get stuck on a trick, its not worth spending your energy. Plus, I think the first attempts at a trick are the best. After the first three tries you get tired and frustrated.
Old    gunny_baker            05-25-2005, 8:56 AM Reply   
I love it when I stick a trick but I gotta tell ya... The flight thru the air is THE BEST regardless of whether you stick it or not so I ALWAYS go BIG and hope for the best!

I agree with Ryan and Amy, Stitches do get the bitches. I bet I've got more scars and metal in my body than is really necessary but it sure was fun getting it all!
Old    team909            05-25-2005, 9:56 AM Reply   
how bout this one

"scars are trophys for the intense"