Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 04, 2005

Old     (x_star05)      Join Date: Mar 2005       03-31-2005, 6:05 PM Reply   
http://www.popularmechanics.com/outdoors/boating/1277126.html <-- click that to see and read about future MasterCrafts boats...

Old     (luchog)      Join Date: Jun 2002       03-31-2005, 7:05 PM Reply   
sorry to say this... but those are pretty old news...
Anyway nowadays X-stars look way cooler than that.
Old    flipout            03-31-2005, 8:14 PM Reply   
I think it looks awesome. And the term concept and future aren't considered "old news" I guess luchog doesn't believe anyone should discuss things that aren't cool to him.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       03-31-2005, 10:07 PM Reply   
I think he was just trying to point out that we reported on this concept boat about three years ago.

http://www.wakeworld.com/News/2002/Mastercraft3.asp
Old    penny4urthots            03-31-2005, 10:23 PM Reply   
Aa-HHHeeemmm...Gimmick of the future???? I am now waiting for return fire.
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       03-31-2005, 11:45 PM Reply   
Ryan,

There is a totally cool awesome wakeboarding site www.wakeboarder.com you should check it out!
Old     (ccwhite)      Join Date: Jul 2004       04-01-2005, 5:25 AM Reply   
Notice the driver is on the left side..

Cool rendition of a concept though.
Old     (skibum69)      Join Date: Aug 2004       04-01-2005, 5:36 AM Reply   
I received this picture of one MC's concept boats leaving the factory heading to an unknown lake for testing a few weeks ago.

Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       04-01-2005, 6:58 AM Reply   
Why so many trailers? On the concept boat, there is no seating, no sundeck, and the tower is right in the way. I would rather have a new X-Star.

(Message edited by psudy on April 01, 2005)
Old     (luchog)      Join Date: Jun 2002       04-01-2005, 7:39 AM Reply   
scrogg dog, what I do believe is that that article is way to old, and that a concept may look nice but is not practical.
The tower is in the middle like a ski pole, there that cockpit thing between the two seats.
There is no wraparound seating, and it is a closed bow boat and the stern seems a bit comnplicated for being a sundeck or getting to the swimdeck
Ahhh but check!! it has some kind of plane jets on the tower!!!!
Then I repeat, nowadays X-stars look cooler IMO.
Old     (jon4pres)      Join Date: May 2004       04-01-2005, 3:07 PM Reply   
Jason
I hope they have a long launch ramp to get the thing off of the trailor.
Old     (kybool)      Join Date: Aug 2004       04-01-2005, 3:28 PM Reply   
forget the boat what is up with that semi trailor.
Old     (bobby_b)      Join Date: Feb 2005       04-01-2005, 3:51 PM Reply   
If the future is a green and blue, 5 person, closed bow, Yamaha jet boat look alike, then this sport is in trouble.
Old     (skibum69)      Join Date: Aug 2004       04-01-2005, 8:49 PM Reply   
Ok, I'm sure everyone figured out that the truck doesn't have a boat on it. April fools, seemed much funnier in my stuffy cold inflicted head
The semi is actully hauling part of one of the largest injection molding machines ever built leaving the parking lot of Cinicinati Milcron.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       04-02-2005, 7:07 AM Reply   
That truck is insane. It must have steering somewhere in the rear like a big firetruck. I've heard of 18-wheelers, but by my estimation, that's about an 80-wheeler!
Old     (kvkev)      Join Date: Oct 2003       04-03-2005, 5:45 PM Reply   
My guess is, a Big Power Transformer for a substation or power plant.
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       04-03-2005, 8:10 PM Reply   
I thought the article was interesting. I had never seen it before. Thanks for posting that Ryan.

Old    zboomer            04-04-2005, 6:44 AM Reply   
"There is a totally cool awesome wakeboarding site www.wakeboarder.com you should check it out!"

He already did. The collective level of the board has dropped even lower than it always was, from almost useless, to where it will actually set you back in your knowledge by reading it.

If there's any post about any boat at all, he leaves his typical Mastercraft literature/salesperson post in response.

I'm thinking about starting a Boat OWNER's web site, where maybe there could be some more useful information. I'd love a general all-brands forum up to the maturity level of the MBO forum (Malibu Boat OWNERS) but I don't know of any, unfortunately. I think that forum is so good because people there OWN the boat, and put THEIR money into it. Makes a big difference. Same thing on other OWNER sites like planetnautique, tigeowners, etc. Much more mature level of communication.

It seems when you actually own a boat, you have a little more valuable input, instead of just quoting sales literature. It's the teens who's daddies buy them $100k boats who's opinions tend to be pretty worthless.

I dream of a forum where when someone asks an opinion about one boat vs. another, the posts are a little above the level of "Any Mastercraft will do what you want better than any other boat!", or "Nautique's are the best, nothing compares.", or "Sanger's are by far the best-built, best performing, best boat period!", or "My Malibu is head and shoulders above every other boat for EVERY user!"

You get the idea, that kind of drivel is worthless, period.

I'd hate to see this forum drop down to the wakeboarder.com level, but it's seems like it's just a matter of time, sigh.
Old    absolutofft            04-08-2005, 11:43 AM Reply   
When you keep the boat owners in their respective corners of the internet they are fine, but when you start mixing them they become rabid fanboys