Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 12, 2008

Old     (watson_134_lf)      Join Date: Nov 2007       05-03-2008, 12:22 PM Reply   
has anyone ever done this? or is it even a realistic possibility? im not seriously considering trying to do this myself, but i was thinking of mayb taking my board to a workshop somewhere and seeing if they could drill a custom mounting hole, cuz my stance got all messed up from the new LF plates... if anyone has tried this, or knows anyone who has, or knows where i could do this, your insight would be greatly appreciated so i dont ruin my board by doing something stupid!
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-03-2008, 12:25 PM Reply   
i heard they have adapter plates. i would check on that first
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-03-2008, 1:37 PM Reply   
alex i feel bad for your board.

jk man. but seriously call liquid force I bet they send you some plates that work.
Old     (watson_134_lf)      Join Date: Nov 2007       05-03-2008, 1:43 PM Reply   
i shot them an email..... waiting for them to get back
i have a feeling their best suggestion would be to buy an 08 board. unfortunatly i dont have the $400 for that so im looking for the next best option (anticipating they dont sell expansion plate)
Old     (proho)      Join Date: Aug 2005       05-03-2008, 3:04 PM Reply   
drilling your own inserts would be no where near as strong as the inserts that are put into the boards when they make em. don't do it,
Old     (watson_134_lf)      Join Date: Nov 2007       05-03-2008, 7:05 PM Reply   
i know if i just drilled they wouldnt be strong, but i wanted to get it done legit and have like the metal threading and everything
Old     (ethan31)      Join Date: Jun 2007       05-03-2008, 7:27 PM Reply   
Your asking to blow a knee.
If you ride hard you will pull one of the bindings out. And that wont be good.

I'd call LF or sell the bindings and get something different.....thats my .02
Old     (daren)      Join Date: Apr 2004       05-03-2008, 7:32 PM Reply   
If you really wanted to do this you could. You would need to drill your hole, dig out the foam surrounding the hole you drilled (at least 1/4" deep), and then fill it with epoxy and your threaded insert (with a screw in it so the epoxy stays out). That should work fine, but if you mess something up, like use the wrong epoxy, you'll probably bend your plate when it pulls out.

I doubt you'll find anyone to do this for you, but I could be wrong.
Old     (aussie_stu)      Join Date: Sep 2002       05-03-2008, 9:12 PM Reply   
what do you mean your stance got messed up? the new boots fit onto old boards as usual, the only thing is, when the boots are all the way out there is one lug showing on the outside, but if you measure it the actual boots sit in the same spot
Old     (watson_134_lf)      Join Date: Nov 2007       05-03-2008, 10:46 PM Reply   
well, ive spent more time than id like to admit measuring to see if the stance was actually shorter, which it did turn out to be, but not by much. my whole thing is, my snowboard stance is really jacked out, and i love the controll i have when i ride that. what im thinking is that if i could make that extra hole, it would just give me that much more stance width.....
Upload
Old     (aussie_stu)      Join Date: Sep 2002       05-03-2008, 11:26 PM Reply   
oh also try switching your actual plates around, one way is standard and one way give you an extra 1/2 inch or so
Old     (watson_134_lf)      Join Date: Nov 2007       05-04-2008, 12:53 AM Reply   
ya, thats the way there set up right now, with the extra half inch
Old     (jsweat)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-04-2008, 7:13 AM Reply   
it looks like you can go all the way out. if you want your stance wider than just go to the last insert.
Old     (watson_134_lf)      Join Date: Nov 2007       05-04-2008, 7:33 AM Reply   
no the thing is that the plates are too short, and they wont reach the last hole