Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 29, 2006

Old     (rmack)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-03-2006, 6:22 AM Reply   
Wondering if anyone has had a problem with their absolute platnum breaking? This is my second board.Upload
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       08-03-2006, 6:34 AM Reply   
If you ride hard, you will snap boards. It should really be a problem since CWB is likely to hand you another one.
Old     (cbaird)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-03-2006, 9:25 AM Reply   
My 06 trans plat broke in half a couple weeks ago. The plats are just easier to break because of how they are made. I just got my replacement yesterday. They told me it was different than the regular ones in that it was the kind that the pros get which supposedly has extra reinforcement in the middle of the board. Have your dealer ask CWB about it when they get the replacement. They would probably rather get you one that doesn't break so easily. Hopefully your dealer just swaps you when this happens, otherwise your stuck with the backup board for a couple weeks.
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-03-2006, 1:42 PM Reply   
I have been through two absolute plats in two seasons, but it couldnt sway me....Nothing, and I mean nothing, equals that board (at least for me).

I dont get the benefit of warranty because I like sliders, but you shouldnt have a problem.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-03-2006, 2:48 PM Reply   
If the board is prone to breaking, I'm not sure CWB is taking the right course of action by just replacing them.

It only takes one sue happy injured individual to hit them up with a liability lawsuit. CWB will be paying out their a##es just to stay out of litigation.
Old     (actiondcpd)      Join Date: Apr 2003       08-03-2006, 4:08 PM Reply   
I broke my '03 and they sent me a new '06. No complaints other than I had to finish my set with somebody elses board.
Old    flyhigh916            08-03-2006, 4:31 PM Reply   
Damn, how do your knees feel?
Old     (dr_inc)      Join Date: Mar 2005       08-03-2006, 4:58 PM Reply   
well sending it in will do a good thing for C dub.. they can take the boards and figure out where they have failed and use their "advance profiling" and fix the problem...

i do know that they are trying something new this year and seeing if it will work and how they can improve... CWB has the best Reps and Warranty i have ever seen in a company...

i ride Cwb not only because they are kick @$$ but the rep CM is a great guy and he makes CWB have a great name... THANKS CM FOR EVERYTHING
Old     (rmack)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-04-2006, 7:13 AM Reply   
Don't get me wrong, I love my absolute and think it's the best board on the market. I just don't know how it broke like that. It wasn't even a bad fall. My first absolute was a 2003 plat, that just broke in the middle this year. I took it back to the dealer and the gave me an 2006 for $70. I used that board in the picture once and it snapped. I just picked up the new one yesterday and purchased a 2004 CWB Pure for $100 for a back up. I just hope the new one doesn't break.
Old     (cbaird)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-04-2006, 7:25 AM Reply   
Mine broke on just a big hs backroll that was just landed very flat even footed. I love my old 05 abs plat also. It you break another or buy another check into the special platinum boards with the extra reinforcement in the middle. Mine was replaced that way so I'm not sure if they charge more for it or not. My dealer is really awesome on replacing stuff. I get everything about replaced each year, this is the first board though. So far this year been through a oneil outlaw vest, oneil guru pullover, laces on 06 zues all crapped out, militia handle (and the new one is about to be replaced again - this handle wrap is just not durable) and board.
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-04-2006, 8:20 AM Reply   
All this talk of 03 plats, I miss that board and really wish I could find one......anyone?
Old     (wakeprodigy)      Join Date: Oct 2002       08-04-2006, 11:03 AM Reply   
It's too bad that you've had 2 boards break. I've got an '02 Abs. Plat and an '05 and there are no problems with either of them.

I have to give CWB props though because it seems that every year the this board get better and better.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       08-04-2006, 11:48 AM Reply   
I don't really know about this "reinforced Absolute" Chris speaks of. I think that was made up by a salesman trying to keep a customer happy. I've been riding my '06 Platy deck since November regularly and even after I dinged the hell out of it, the thing has held up strong and I like to think I go pretty big. It stinks they break but it happens, Lyman goes through boards like crazy (as one can imagine). At least you don't have to send it back to get a replacement like some companies!
Old     (dr_inc)      Join Date: Mar 2005       08-04-2006, 1:44 PM Reply   
triple ply.. they use another layer when building it
Old    SamIngram            07-06-2010, 4:46 PM Reply   
Here is one on ebay...

http://cgi.ebay.com/2008-CWB-Absolut...#ht_500wt_1074