Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 20, 2005

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-07-2005, 10:12 AM Reply   
I grabbed this from "Butta Seaker" on WB.com
I thought it was very cool. for thoes of you wh havent seen it enjoy.

Old     (fox)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-07-2005, 12:17 PM Reply   
It's very cool. It's on his new board and on his new handle.
Old     (blake_hughes)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Weatherford, Texas       09-07-2005, 12:48 PM Reply   
That's pretty sweet... I can't wait to ride his new board. A buddy of mine has a pic of it, all I can say... Wow, that's a lot of rocker!

-Blake
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       09-07-2005, 2:23 PM Reply   
Wow, you have to be VERY creative to come up with that... im impressed.
Old     (wakeripper)      Join Date: Oct 2002       09-07-2005, 2:30 PM Reply   
Yeah i totally dig that but then again i am biased...lol

My buddies just got me this shirt....yeah i'm stoked

Murray T-shirt
Old     (tparider)      Join Date: Aug 2003       09-07-2005, 2:49 PM Reply   
awesome tee...
Old    shaunb            09-07-2005, 3:17 PM Reply   
i ride like murray...i think?
Old     (kybool)      Join Date: Aug 2004       09-07-2005, 3:40 PM Reply   
do you ride like Murray or are you the actual Shaun Murray?
Old    murrayair            09-07-2005, 5:57 PM Reply   
I love Murray's new graphics!

Randy- sweet shirt!
Old     (addictedchick)      Join Date: Jan 2005       09-07-2005, 7:04 PM Reply   
Wow that graphic is cool. I never knew they were the same like that.
Old     (bankssa)      Join Date: Mar 2003       09-08-2005, 12:22 PM Reply   
My wife created the ambagram for the board. It's awsome! She did about ten different versions of it and some other stuff using figure ground images. I'll post some other stuff tomorrow if you guys want to see it. She has done some stuff that reads up side up, up side down, and in the mirror it says a third word. I watch her do this stuff everyday and everyone still blows me away. If you know anyone looking for graphics like that give her a ring lamreaux@hotmail.com. Shaun you rock!
Old     (bankssa)      Join Date: Mar 2003       09-08-2005, 12:22 PM Reply   
My wife created the ambagram for the board. It's awsome! She did about ten different versions of it and some other stuff using figure ground images. I'll post some other stuff tomorrow if you guys want to see it. She has done some stuff that reads up side up, up side down, and in the mirror it says a third word. I watch her do this stuff everyday and everyone still blows me away. If you know anyone looking for graphics like that give her a ring lamreaux@hotmail.com. Shaun you rock!
Old     (iamnathanhudson)      Join Date: Dec 2002       09-08-2005, 12:40 PM Reply   
If your wife could do an ambagram of my first name and my last name that would friggin rock!!!!!

Nathan Hudson
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-08-2005, 12:47 PM Reply   
Scott, is that technically an ambigram. I thought an actual ambigram said the same word forward and backward. Whether it is or not it is absolutely sick and she is very talented.

Shaun.... you're a pimp.
Old    lamreaux            09-08-2005, 1:14 PM Reply   
I can't tell you how exciting it is for me to see my work put on Shaun's board and to have so many people digging it. I would be remiss if I didn't thank Shaun for giving me the opporunity. Shaun's a fun and patient guy: we faxed samples back and forth for months (see attached).

Credit for the final layout goes to Son Duong, an in-house artist for HO, and an all-around great guy. If you guys like this add ... just WAIT until you see the BOARD!!! I had the opportunity to ride it and it made me look great. I have a photo on my computer ... but I'll just make you guys wait!

Technically, it is an ambigram:
Ambigram n., - a word or words that can be read in more than one way or from more than a single vantage point. (from the Latin: ambi=both + gram=letter)

There are many ways they can be done. Seriously, I am happy to make them for anyone (you too, Nathan Hudson!).

-Jeanie (ambigrammist)
lamreaux@hotmail.com

Evolution of Murray Hyperlite Graphic
Old     (sloshake)      Join Date: Mar 2003       09-08-2005, 1:23 PM Reply   
Is that your work in Dan Brown's books also?
Old    lamreaux            09-08-2005, 1:25 PM Reply   
No. That's John Langdon's. He has a website at www.johnlangdon.net.
Old     (wakeripper)      Join Date: Oct 2002       09-08-2005, 1:29 PM Reply   
Thanks you so much for posting those i find them very cool.......Shaun you rock buddy see you at the camp soon
Old     (fox)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-08-2005, 1:37 PM Reply   
Jeanie,

are you the one in the photo on the fridge with the black eye? I was thinking Shaun said it was the woman who did the work on the graphic.

Eric
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-08-2005, 1:47 PM Reply   
Again.... really, really cool work. That must take a ton of creativity. I like all of the designs.
Old    lamreaux            09-08-2005, 1:47 PM Reply   
That's TWO black eyes (board came off and smashed my face). Yup, that's me. :#)
Old     (fox)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-09-2005, 7:16 AM Reply   
That's right...I do remember that. Shaun and Travis couldn't say enough nice things about you and the work you do. I've been holding off on a new board purchase until the new one hits the market.

Eric
Old     (lmtwa)      Join Date: May 2001       09-10-2005, 4:44 PM Reply   
Jeanie
I was really blown away when Shaun showed me the first iteration of the graphic. He said it's amazing to watch you work - you just kind of "do it" without a lot of thought. Now that's working off the right side of the brain (or is it left)..

And - oh yeah! I'm sure glad my son finally got his own user ID for ww so he doesn't have to use mine!
Old    lamreaux            09-11-2005, 2:13 PM Reply   
Thanks alot for the kudos! The funny thing is that I thought everyone could make them. I asked a psychology professor the same question about hemispheres, and it's both. The left side handles the logical, puzzle-type problem solving, while the right side handles the artistic, creative aspect.

And, hey, since that kid of yours doesn't need your log in, maybe you can have this for yourself, too! (Here's a present)
Murray
Old     (lmtwa)      Join Date: May 2001       09-14-2005, 11:53 AM Reply   
Jeannie
WOW! Amazing - thanks. Just saw this today!
Old     (Huth)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-30-2010, 11:38 AM Reply   
Hey guys,

I design apparel for Rocky Brands.

I thought maybe I could get some feedback from a few of you.

I’m launching a new line of Hybrid Apparel and I wanted to do something fun for this launch. I came across this Murray/Hyperlite thread and now I’m obsessed with the Ambigram. I’ve been working on an inside label for the outerwear and I’d like to get feedback on it. Does it read well or not? Looks dumb or not? Our company logo is a Ramhead and I will have to use the original logo on the outside of the garment but I wanted to incorporate an updated ram into an Ambigram for the inside label. It eventually turned into a Ramhead that outlines an H.

I’ve spent about as much time on this as I want too so I’m really just looking for a Yes Use It. Or a Looks Dumb, Scrap It.

Thanks,

13-0-4a

13-0-4b

Solid Hybrid Rocky2