Articles
   
       
Pics/Video
       
Wake 101
   
       
       
Shop
Search
 
 
 
 
 
Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Share 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old     (Talonsorensen)      Join Date: Apr 2012 Location: Gig harbor Washington       05-17-2018, 12:45 AM Reply   
Letís see what your riding this season!

This seasons setup
Board: 2018 Ronix Happy hour
Boots: 2017 Ronix RTX

Think last years boots look way better on this board in my opinion.

Super happy that Ronix finally put a continuous rocker board in their line up.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       05-17-2018, 3:25 AM Reply   
I think Iím going to stick with my same quiver as last year.

1up 142 w/ 16 KTV for the small wakes, cameo 144 w/17 ktv for the big wakes. CTRL rm 143 for cable, but I may grab a team meme for that...
Attached Images
 

Last edited by simplej; 05-17-2018 at 3:27 AM.
Old     (theloungelife)      Join Date: Jun 2012       05-17-2018, 9:40 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talonsorensen View Post
Boots: 2017 Ronix RTX

Think last years boots look way better on this board in my opinion.
How are you liking the RXT's? I'm thinking of retiring my 2016 Ones for a pair.
Old     (Talonsorensen)      Join Date: Apr 2012 Location: Gig harbor Washington       05-17-2018, 10:36 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by theloungelife View Post
How are you liking the RXT's? I'm thinking of retiring my 2016 Ones for a pair.


I like them a lot. I was riding parks boots for the last few years with a lower tibia break I wanted something a little more stiff! Honestly when you get into ronixís high end bindings parks, one, RTX they all have the same tech in them just different flex and height of the boot. Overall you canít go wrong with them.
Old     (tripsw)      Join Date: May 2006       05-17-2018, 1:44 PM Reply   
LF RDX. THat thing POPS!
Attached Images
  
Old     (Talonsorensen)      Join Date: Apr 2012 Location: Gig harbor Washington       05-17-2018, 1:52 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripsw View Post
LF RDX. THat thing POPS!


Love the brown and black color way on the boots I got a chance to ride this years timba last fall which was weird going to a board that has some flex granted I just came off a broken femur and had only taken a few sets before the demo. I used their middle of the line boot (forget which model) I wasnít a huge fan of them, they created weird pressure points. How do you like the LF boots?
Old     (Reez)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-17-2018, 4:32 PM Reply   
OíShea 144
Attached Images
 
Old     (Reez)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-17-2018, 4:40 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talonsorensen View Post
Letís see what your riding this season!

This seasons setup
Board: 2018 Ronix Happy hour
Boots: 2017 Ronix RTX

Think last years boots look way better on this board in my opinion.

Super happy that Ronix finally put a continuous rocker board in their line up.
How do you like this board ? This and he Connelly standard are on my short list I want to try
Old     (Talonsorensen)      Join Date: Apr 2012 Location: Gig harbor Washington       05-17-2018, 5:05 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reez View Post
How do you like this board ? This and he Connelly standard are on my short list I want to try


Youíre in luck, I was hooked up by cwb and now ronix. Iím pretty familiar with both I rode the standard for a season and a half. Honestly I really enjoyed the standard itís pretty consistent popping and decently fast. The only thing that from a buyers stand point would push me towards the Ronix is that I would have issues with the boards delaminating on the edge. Iím not sure if it still happens Sense I havenít rode their boards for 3 years now. I also think that the ronix board is a bit faster.

Ps that humanoid Oísea looks sweet I really want to try some of their boards

Last edited by Talonsorensen; 05-17-2018 at 5:07 PM.
Old     (Reez)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-18-2018, 6:15 AM Reply   
Thanks for info I am going to try to give get my hands on one. I have been on a humanoid Oshea/Cameo for several years and I have loved it. (founds this one on ebay).Super predictable, forgiving, tracks well, good pop. Some people may not like that its a bit on the heavier side tbeing wood construction. but you cant tell on the water. (found this one on ebay). I rode my friends Hyperlite vagabond for a bit and enjoyed that board a lot too.
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       05-18-2018, 8:43 AM Reply   
Humanoid Custom: True custom shape and construction
Attached Images
  
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       05-18-2018, 9:51 AM Reply   
Damn they did you a full sidecut??
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       05-18-2018, 9:53 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reez View Post
Thanks for info I am going to try to give get my hands on one. I have been on a humanoid Oshea/Cameo for several years and I have loved it. (founds this one on ebay).Super predictable, forgiving, tracks well, good pop. Some people may not like that its a bit on the heavier side tbeing wood construction. but you cant tell on the water. (found this one on ebay). I rode my friends Hyperlite vagabond for a bit and enjoyed that board a lot too.
You should give the oracle a shot too. Both of these shapes RIP RIP RIP.

It's a bit lighter. I've been toying wth the idea of an SS solo. I wouldn't mind trying a vagabond either but i'd rather not go down to a 142.
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       05-18-2018, 10:04 AM Reply   
The edge looks like a side-cut because of the machining. It has parallel rails for about 18" or so no side cut.
141cm Length
43.18cm Width
6.35cm Rocker

Flat base
Carbon Top sheet
Carbon Bottom sheet
Carbon Mat between the feet
Carbon Ghost Stringers

When you pick this board up next to other boards they feel like toys. It is a floaty freeride shape with a high-tech construction. Something I have never seen combined and I have always wanted.
Old     (Talonsorensen)      Join Date: Apr 2012 Location: Gig harbor Washington       05-18-2018, 10:05 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by skiboarder View Post
The edge looks like a side-cut because of the machining. It has parallel rails for about 18" or so no side cut.
141cm Length
43.18cm Width
6.35cm Rocker

Flat base
Carbon Top sheet
Carbon Bottom sheet
Carbon Mat between the feet
Carbon Ghost Stringers

When you pick this board up next to other boards they feel like toys. It is a floaty freeride shape with a high-tech construction. Something I have never seen combined and I have always wanted.


Very very sick, I was going to ask if you would give us the lowdown on that board so Iím glad you posted!
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       05-18-2018, 10:47 AM Reply   
I got a Custom as well

Cameo shape
148cm
Ghost stringers
Etc...

Itís soooo good



Old     (dyost)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-18-2018, 11:07 AM Reply   
Damn that graphic is sick.

A Humanoid custom might have to be my next board....

I loved the LF Witness, but I broke them like crazy and the boards seemed super heavy as the technology of boards starting in 2011/2012 surpassed the old foam injected molds. They never updated the Witness.

I would set up a custom Humanoid with a tip/tail shape and rocker line similar to the witness.
152-154cm. Removeable fins instead of the molded, center spine, little flex in the tip/tail but a bit stiffer in the middle. Sintered base

That would be my dream board for both boat and cable.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       05-18-2018, 11:07 AM Reply   
^^^^^^^
All these are RAD.


I thought about doing something similar tom but with an oracle side cut, and carbon to keep it light.
I picked up (real) surfing and need to build a quiver there, though so IDK if i should be dropping the coin on that...
Old     (Reez)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-18-2018, 1:29 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplej View Post
You should give the oracle a shot too. Both of these shapes RIP RIP RIP.

It's a bit lighter. I've been toying wth the idea of an SS solo. I wouldn't mind trying a vagabond either but i'd rather not go down to a 142.

I love the oracle and still might pick one up. Such a fun board. Iím
Hoping they bring it back for 2018. I stumbled upon this non US site with 2018 stuff and donít see the oracle https://www.nice-side.fr/86-2018-humanoid-wakeboard
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       05-18-2018, 6:55 PM Reply   
Well, guess I’m getting another cameo
Old     (lucas200397)      Join Date: Aug 2013       05-19-2018, 5:24 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reez View Post
How do you like this board ? This and he Connelly standard are on my short list I want to try
I have a 2017 139 Standard for sale 100.00. You cover shipping, only rode once.
Old     (Nessticles)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-21-2018, 12:03 PM Reply   
2018 Humanoid Custom Boat Board

Cameo Shape 144cm
Multi-concave base
100% Badass and made in USA
Attached Images
    
Old     (Nessticles)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-21-2018, 12:12 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reez View Post
I love the oracle and still might pick one up. Such a fun board. Iím
Hoping they bring it back for 2018. I stumbled upon this non US site with 2018 stuff and donít see the oracle https://www.nice-side.fr/86-2018-humanoid-wakeboard
I loved the Oracle, too. Super fun, playful and poppy. The Oracle mold was made overseas and was costly, therefore no longer in production...However, Humanoid has brought the shape back to the USA and is offering it on a custom build. I may jump on it. They still have a few Oracles for sale on their website.
Old     (Reez)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-21-2018, 2:05 PM Reply   
Thanks for the info and that custom is just too good. All of these are !I may need a custom Oracle
Old     (dyost)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-21-2018, 9:02 PM Reply   
Ness, love the topsheet graphic on your custom, that is sick...

Where are you guys getting the graphics? Are you providing your own or does Humanoid sketch you out something if you tell them kinda what you're looking for.

Either way, those two custom graphics are sweet....
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       05-22-2018, 3:51 AM Reply   
Humanoid uses Nick Moye for all of their graphics. You start the process by choosing a handful of artwork from Nickís website and they evaluate which ones they can turn it into a board graphic and mock it up.
Old     (Reez)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-22-2018, 3:04 PM Reply   
Do you have a link to his work ?
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       05-22-2018, 7:50 PM Reply   
Shoot, his name is nick motte my bad

https://ello.co/mothra
Old     (Nessticles)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-28-2018, 12:53 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reez View Post
Do you have a link to his work ?
Or you can contact Humanoid via email and see if they have a graphic sheet with artwork for you to choose. That's how I did mine, and made a few adjustments to suite my style and liking. Best experience making a custom board. I want to make an Oracle now, just need to offload some of my other gear. Have fun!
Old     (opers13)      Join Date: Feb 2016       05-31-2018, 3:20 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripsw View Post
LF RDX. THat thing POPS!
tripsw, were there many changes on the RDX profile since 2015? I'm asking because there are older RDX models available for sale that I would be interested in picking up. Thanks Alex
Old     (tripsw)      Join Date: May 2006       05-31-2018, 3:50 PM Reply   
Not sure but I *think* the shape hasn't changed yet.
Old     (Oldrider1)      Join Date: Nov 2016       06-04-2018, 5:42 AM Reply   
Hi guys

Love this thread. It's great to see what everyone is going with this Summer. I'm not ready to reveal my setup yet, still deciding on which Ronix option to choose this year. If you are like me - I found some great setup reviews on a site i came across www.wakeboardcritic.com

Hopefully an image to add to this thread soon

Andy
Old     (tripsw)      Join Date: May 2006       06-04-2018, 10:39 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldrider1 View Post
Hi guys
I found some great setup reviews on a site i came across www.wakeboardcritic.com

Andy
"Came across" or do you mean "built and manage"? Bit suspicious to see you post the same thing in 3 or 4 threads.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       06-04-2018, 11:34 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripsw View Post
"Came across" or do you mean "built and manage"? Bit suspicious to see you post the same thing in 3 or 4 threads.
Don't trusy any site that says slingshot solo is available in 146 "inches" hahahahaha.


Registered to an Andy ... Get that out of here unless you're going to write proper reviews.

Last edited by simplej; 06-04-2018 at 11:39 AM.
Old     (Bagar55)      Join Date: Aug 2013 Location: Bristow, Va       06-04-2018, 5:09 PM Reply   
All the talk is about sizing up. 146” now that is really sizing up.

Reply
Share 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 4:58 AM.

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
Wake World Home

 

© 2016 eWake, Inc.    
Advertise    |    Contact    |    Terms of Use    |    Privacy Policy    |    Report Abuse    |    Conduct    |    About Us