Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       09-07-2006, 8:24 PM Reply   
We didn't have time to try the goofy Surf This and Skim That boards during the Scioto Wakefest and I had obstacles getting on the water for a while. Jeff and Dennis post ridding their plywood flyer was what I needed to get Skim That on the water.

Dave had a fairly short rider on Skim That - long enough for me to call it surfing. The plywood is pretty thin and bent under the weight of the rider, improving steering - we think.

The pictures aren't real convincing, as you can see Skim That isn't resistant to pearling and we ran out of day light, we'll try again soon.

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (ktmwakeboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-07-2006, 9:35 PM Reply   
haha sweet
Old     (dennish)      Join Date: May 2005       09-07-2006, 10:01 PM Reply   
Ed,
Our board was very surfable. Got a nice video. In fact we keep the board to use again. Good fun anyway.
Old    surfdad            09-08-2006, 6:00 AM Reply   
I like the "improved steering" on your Skim This. :-) AND your graphics rock.

Would you care to join us in an Almost East vs West challenge to ride the most stupi....err...I mean most unique board? We'll limit it to readily available items and requiring less than $5 spent to make it surfable and/or to add graphics. :-) Let's say longest verified ride is the winner for each month. :-) The only other restriction is that the item CAN'T be commercially available as a wakesurfer or wakeboard/skate. :-)

I already have my idea for the September challenge :-)
Old     (goodfoot00)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-08-2006, 7:49 AM Reply   
I'm in. Ed, we need to have a few unique items to surf at our Morse Lake Gathering.
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       09-08-2006, 9:53 AM Reply   
Jeff, $5 might be hard to do how about $10. I guess you can do it for less but you might have rummage around on unlimited trash day or shop at construction sites after working hours.

Scott I'm planning on bringing Skim That to Morse Lake. Surf This is too big to bring and I don't think it will work anyway.
Old    surfdad            09-08-2006, 11:31 AM Reply   
Ok, $10 it is...is it still ok to do the after hours construction site shopping? :-)
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       09-08-2006, 2:04 PM Reply   
I think you can shop at Good Will.

The construction guys tend to work hard all day and left heavy stuff around and are generally big people, I don't think I want to get caught shopping there after hours, though I might run faster than some of them.
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       09-18-2006, 6:08 PM Reply   
OK we Skimmed That again. Dave set the riding time bar two full orders of magnitude than I did. Look at the video here.

http://www.wakesurf.net/media/showphoto.php/photo/252/cat/515
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       09-24-2006, 12:28 PM Reply   
I took "Skim That" out to the gathering in Indiana. Dave's mark of 2 minutes, 28 seconds fell, First scott hell surf "Skim That" then Scott set the bar at 4 minutes and 10 seconds!

The funny thing was that Jac's best run of the day was on Skim That!
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload