Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (boardridesurf)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-02-2006, 10:06 AM Reply   
My 2007 Centurion Enzo came with 4 hard ballast tanks. The pumps will only empty about 1/2 of the water out of the tanks, so when I want to either completely empty them or only empty one side for wakesurfing, I can't. My dealer is winterizing my boat and said that they would fix this problem, but I am thinking that I might as well just have them put in ballast sacks and take the hard tanks out. If I do this, which sacks should I have them put in there. I was thinking about putting a 750 lbs sack on each side of the engine (v-drive), but do not know if that will be too much. The wakeboarding wake is great with the hard tanks which are about 225 lbs each, but I would like to have the wakesurfing wake much bigger. Also if I put in the sacks and only filled them half way for wakeboarding, would the water slosh around, or are there sacks with baffels in them so this is not a problem? Also how would I be able to use the unused space above the sacks for storage, right now with the hard tanks I can just pack whatever back there and not worry since the tanks do not expand like the sacks would. Do people install a net or something over the sacks so that you can still use that space without having to move things every time you fill the sacks? What brand sack is best? Thanks for any help you can provide.
Old     (enzostyle)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-02-2006, 10:22 AM Reply   
I have an Enzo as well. I would recomend having them fix the stock tanks and for surfing, just put a sac on top of the hard tanks. Mine is an 06 so I just have the two forward tanks. My rear is empty. I put 2 side sac in there when boarding. They are about the same weight as the stock tanks(220 a peice). Then for surfing I fill the stock tanks and place a v drive sac and a side sac on the port side rear locker, and the other side sac goes in front of the stock tank under the port side seat.

If I had your set up, I could just hit the switches and fill one sac on top of the surf side.

Or, you could get the Enzo sac from flyhigh and just remove both tanks on one side.
Old     (boardridesurf)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-03-2006, 3:45 PM Reply   
Jason,
I have never used sacs so I really appreciate your suggestions. So if I leave the four factory hard tanks in, what would be the best way to hook up sacs for wakesurfing? Would I just splice into the overfill tube and run that into the sac and then from the sac I would also run another pump to empty it? Since I don't have the switch blade, I feel that I need a lot more weight for wakesurfing, but I really like just hitting the switches and having the ballast filled or emptied. This seems like it could a fun project to work on this winter, but don't know where to start or what to buy. Any additional advise would be appreciated.
Thanks.
Old     (the_dude)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-10-2006, 10:00 AM Reply   
Austin Top all you need is the Enzo sac that you can buy from Inland Surfer. If your from Austin,TX Austin Sports Boats can sale you the sac and install. They will be installing my sac when my new 24' 07 Enzo arrives in a couple of wks.
Old     (dennish)      Join Date: May 2005       12-10-2006, 10:43 AM Reply   
Just a thought as I am not quite sure this might be a problem. The Enzo sac for wakesurfing goes under the seat on the one side of the boat. I don't think that there is a comparable sac for the driver side. While the enzo sac is perfect on the port side for wakesurfing it would be hard to balance the weight for wakeboarding because of different size sacs. Any thoughts?
Old     (the_dude)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-10-2006, 12:09 PM Reply   
Bare foot international can make any size and shape fat sac you want. I don't have the boat yet, I surf only on the port side and I know the driver side has a long seat were the same Enzo sac could go. I will find out in a couple of wks when the boat arrives.