Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 27, 2007

Old     (siuski)      Join Date: Feb 2003       07-13-2007, 6:17 AM Reply   
After the boys took a really hard shot last night trying ts front's, I'm seriously considering it. I about puked! I haven't taken a hit like that since getting kicked in the nads in grade school. I've tried speedo's, and jet pilot bs that have the neoprene lining, and boys are just not happy.
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       07-13-2007, 6:27 AM Reply   
LOL Damn.

No, but boxer briefs always kept 'em in check for the most part...however I don't fall as much these days since I'm riding more mellow and doing a lot wake skating instead. No butt slaps = no slappy da bouys.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       07-13-2007, 6:44 AM Reply   
Nothing like a little nut sack burn to remind you that your still alive.

I have never tried a cup, but good buddy of mine did the result were painfull. He was learning heelside front filp 180s kept slamming down on his but and boys. SO the next day he shows up with cup, well to attempts latter I got to pick up a broken man, the cup so he said was "ripped" up when he landed on it, and "it tried to rip off my junk." He was down and out for the rest of the day. Pretty funny tho. The next day he tried to use a soft cup like for soccer, that one he said was like have a sponge in your pants.
Old     (xbones)      Join Date: Mar 2007       07-13-2007, 7:31 AM Reply   
I've actually been thinking about how to protect the boys lately because I've been over shooting the landing on raleys and landing with my ass and nuts cupped to the water. I'm thinking a pair of padded biking spandies under your boardshorts would work...any thoughts...

On the shorts...not my nuts or ass :-)
Old     (trickyboarder08)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-13-2007, 7:33 AM Reply   
Try not to over shoot the Raleys. But be careful, I would rather slab the boys by over shooting than be knocked unconscious by undershooting.
Old     (eternalshadow)      Join Date: Nov 2001       07-13-2007, 7:36 AM Reply   
Slap on a shorty or any kind of wetsuit when working on those at risk tricks. A cup wouldn't really work as it's designed to take a front impact, your boys are still trying to hang there.

In hockey some guys would "cherry pick" based on that exact reason, reach in there with the blade of the stick and you can bat them around.
Old     (siuski)      Join Date: Feb 2003       07-13-2007, 8:21 AM Reply   
nintzel..ohhhhhh..good point, was wondering if that could happen...how did the soft cup work for him? If nothing else I'll get out an old pair of cycling shorts or try to squeeze into my my old barefoot suit.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       07-13-2007, 9:45 AM Reply   
I wear a pair of Speedo biking shorts and the boys have been great. I slapped once on a HS Backroll and thought I was going to die. Since the slap shorts I have been fine with every wreck in that area.
Old     (rmcronin)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-13-2007, 9:50 AM Reply   
I got a pair of padded barefoot shorts which helped save my balls while learning ts front rolls. Now that I've cleaned the trick up, I don't wear them anymore. It was well worth it.
Old    alanp            07-13-2007, 10:13 AM Reply   
a pair of lycra underarmor type shorts will solve the problem
Old     (hyperlink)      Join Date: Nov 2003       07-13-2007, 10:47 AM Reply   
My boys are strapped in with spandex under armor shorts, they dry quick too and arend uncomfortable at all...
Old     (lfs56)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-13-2007, 12:25 PM Reply   
ya! underarmour compression shorts are awesome!
Old     (bigpapaf1f)      Join Date: May 2005       07-13-2007, 1:04 PM Reply   
I always rock Dickies when I ride. Its more of a stezz thing, But after reading this I can't remember the last time I lost my man hood on a trick. So I think they help. I could be wrong. Watch tonite I am going to mess up my gnars riding.
Old     (nickdakoolkat)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-13-2007, 4:19 PM Reply   
I wouldn't for the same reason football players don't...in a situation where the cup may slide over to the middle of the juevos and you then do a ball slap....well it could mean bye bye children...
Old     (mkperceptions)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-13-2007, 5:05 PM Reply   
man maybe i can crack my nuts and wont have to worry about child support in the future LOL
Old     (abhoe157)      Join Date: Feb 2007       07-13-2007, 5:10 PM Reply   
Any compression shorts will do wonders.