Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 22, 2006

Old     (sylv2080)      Join Date: Jun 2004       05-04-2006, 6:39 PM Reply   
Good evening all....My cousin and I saw the new HL ROAM bindings in the wake wakeboarding mag and they look pretty sweet. Has anyone used them yet? How much are they??????? Thanks :-)
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-04-2006, 6:40 PM Reply   
I think they are farely cheap compared to HL's other high end binding. Like $170? I don't think they are anything special.
Old    snsbritt            05-04-2006, 7:30 PM Reply   
can someone explain this whole HL roam thing to me. I haven't been on the scene in a couple of years. Just getting back into it.
Old     (kingskrew)      Join Date: May 2004       05-04-2006, 7:33 PM Reply   
The '05 discription:

quote:

Take your board back to the roots. A series designed for the rider to dictate every aspect of the carve, edge hold, release, landing and most importantly control on rails. This snowboard inspired creation is designed for an exaggerated push off the water. A rider can approach into a turn put all of their weight on the front of the board and go into a true nose press. Still doing every trick possible on a traditional board but with a distinct feel only found in this new stick.

The 06:

quote:

A jib friendly creation that carries a snowboard season through the summer. Designed for more of a knees-bent, railriding style where a rider relies on the profile of the board to set a turn and hold an edge. Who needs fins anyway?
E core opens up a new spectrum for a board to flex torsionally. While riding a Roam, the toeside edge will actually flex differently than the heelside edge thru our clear nylon top. This torsional flex is why our new Roam series has an inside radius for the most effective edge from our alpine inspired friends. A series that should be a second in any wake enthusiasts quiver! A simplistic design to allow the rider to control every aspect of the drive, snap, and pivot. SNAP!

-Steve
Old     (kingskrew)      Join Date: May 2004       05-04-2006, 7:33 PM Reply   
Basically its supposed to kinda be a snowboard-like wakeboard. I think....

-Steve
Old     (gtaussie15)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-04-2006, 7:44 PM Reply   
steve, whoa! im very confused, is this thread about bindings or the board...?
Old    snsbritt            05-04-2006, 7:47 PM Reply   
I asked about the whole pkg.
Old     (gtaussie15)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-04-2006, 7:53 PM Reply   
oh ok, yeh many would argue that the roam is just like any other board when it comes to doing tricks, wake to wake stuff and such, but my friends and I would like to say its mainly best for rails/sliders. Its really in a class of its own, the board is super thin, and very flexable, and completely smooth on the bottom. No holes for fins and no molded fins, making it very slider friendly. Its a pretty neat little board. Deff. snowboard inspired.
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       05-04-2006, 8:01 PM Reply   
the board is basically a snowboard for the water. made with a real wood core. its an exctremely fun alternative to riding your normal board much like surfing or skating is to most people. it enables you to press out on the tail (meaning you can ride on only the tail or nose, with the rest of the board out of the water), it is very fast on powerslides, and is almost unarguably the best slider board out there. personally i dont like the way a normal board rides after riding the roam for the past 2 years. i have progressed more on this board than i have previously. it fits my riding style so well. keep in mind i was riding the parks board finless before the roam came out.

the bindings are a very low cut binding. i wouldnt say that they are really designed for a normal sort of riding. they have little to no support, however if you are jus doing carves, presses and slides then the bindings are extremely versatile and comfortable. i do not ride those bindings. i am currently riding the parks.

(Message edited by westsidarider on May 04, 2006)
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-04-2006, 10:35 PM Reply   
jason - how long did it take you to get used to riding the Parks finless? I'm a bit hesitant to try that...
Old     (kingskrew)      Join Date: May 2004       05-05-2006, 2:07 AM Reply   
Oops, i was just replying to shane's post. I dunno about the bindings...

-Steve