Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 21, 2003

Old     (jon_a)      Join Date: Feb 2003       04-21-2003, 8:23 PM Reply   
I've been having some trouble with my oil and gas gauge on my Mobius. I've taken it in to get it worked on and they said they fixed the problem but the oil gauge still sits below zero flickering back and forth and the gas gauge stays a 3/4 tank. I'm not going to take it back to get it worked on by the same dealership again because of the lack of good service and they are not a Moomba dealer. I would have to trailor the boat out of state for the closest dealership. I have called moomba about this but they have referred me to other people, who referred me to yet someone else and never got my questions answered. I was wondering if anybody here could help me with fixing the gauges. thanks.
Old    bcw            04-22-2003, 1:46 PM Reply   
Jon, check your ground, from there I would look at the sender, if that fails check the wires, then the gauge. If you have any more questions you can get a hold of me at (248) 681-9100. I'll do my best to help you out.}
Old     (jon_a)      Join Date: Feb 2003       04-22-2003, 2:48 PM Reply   
When they worked on the boat, they totally replaced the circuit board and rewired it. They said it was wired wrong. All of the other guages are working. Where exactly would the ground be? Thanks.
Old     (goose)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-22-2003, 6:36 PM Reply   
Jon,
I would check the ground wire on the back of the gauges that daisy chain the ground from Gauge to Gauge in the middle of the gauge. The ground wires should be on the same post and not trying to ground across the bracket that holds the gauges in. If you are still having problems you can email me directly at mbrown@skierschoice.com I work for Moomba. Sorry about the problems with the gauges.

Matt Brown
Moomba Product Manager
Old    stormrider            04-23-2003, 6:02 PM Reply   
I had the same problem. I understand Moomba has redesigned the grounding system for this year's boat, at least that's what I heard. I think my grounds shook loose from trailering and travelling so you may need to keep an eye on them and retighten as necessary.
Old     (jon_a)      Join Date: Feb 2003       04-24-2003, 3:30 PM Reply   
I'm not understanding where the wires are grounded to. I got underneath the dash today and found a wire that had come off of the oil gauge. I put it back and and turned the key. It still sits below 0 but it doesn't flicker anymore. I checked the gas gauge and all the wires were tight. Now can anybody help me find where the wires are grounded to? A simple diagram would help a lot. Thanks.
Old     (goose)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-25-2003, 7:06 PM Reply   
Jon,
If you email me at work I will try to get you a simple diagram on Monday. Sorry about the problems.
Old    stormrider            05-07-2003, 2:41 PM Reply   
Jon:

Amongst a myriad of other problems I've had with my 02 Moomba Mobius LSV, the transmission leaks like a sieve. Dealer hasn't been able to fix after repeated attempts. Have you had this problem as well, and if so, what was the fix?

Steve