Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       10-04-2011, 12:39 PM Reply   
a few weeks back i posted a thread asking for ideas on a wake related tattoo. i wanted to get a bunch of things that have been a big part of my life and have impacted me. just got it last night!

wanted to share the end result. went with the handle idea. thank you for everyone who put ideas out there. very happy with how it came out. but not going to lie.. it hurt 10x worse then i expected on my calf! haha
Attached Images

Old     (Bumpass1)      Join Date: Oct 2010       10-04-2011, 1:14 PM Reply   
Looks good. Congrats
Old     (surfdoggy)      Join Date: Dec 2009       10-04-2011, 1:59 PM Reply   
I like the moon at the top right of the board. Someone you know? Got pix?.
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       10-04-2011, 3:07 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfdoggy View Post
I like the moon at the top right of the board. Someone you know? Got pix?.
what?
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       10-04-2011, 3:22 PM Reply   
Looks good man!

But wtf is Rob Talking about????
Old     (SafetyMike)      Join Date: Nov 2010       10-04-2011, 3:35 PM Reply   
Lol yeah I dont see a moon
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       10-04-2011, 3:51 PM Reply   
Ok good. Thought it was just me that did not see a moon.
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       10-04-2011, 3:54 PM Reply   
I see his moon although it's not a moon.lol.

I think I mentioned the handle idea so I take the credit.

Looks good.
Old     (joshugan)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-04-2011, 4:37 PM Reply   
That's no moon. It's a space station.

Sorry. Couldn't resist.
Old     (lives2wake)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-04-2011, 4:59 PM Reply   
The only thing that I understand about it is the handle...hmmm
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       10-04-2011, 5:59 PM Reply   
So confused about the moon thing! Haha. And the idea behind this tattoo is it makes no sense to anyone besides myself. My artist said it was really hard to draw this out because it is such random un related items. The pyramid represents las Vegas (Luxor) I used to live there and it was a huge part of my life and changed me as s person. Then there is a number plate to represnt my love of dirtbiking. I've been dirtbiking for almost 10 years. And the number 9 represents 9 lives. I was in a bad street bike crash that should have killed me and I came out of it with very minor injuries. I'm going to get something streetbike related to once i figure out what to get. As my life I'm going to add things that are really important to me on my calf as my life goes on, weather it's new hobbies, my future kids, anything that's really important to me. That way when I'm old hopefully my leg will be covered and I can look bad and have it tell a story almost of my life. I might not care about wakeboarding when I'm 60. But I can look back and every piece will have a meaning behind it.
Old     (nmg73)      Join Date: Sep 2010       10-04-2011, 6:08 PM Reply   
It looks good, did a nice job on the shading. They are very addictive, i just got my latest one finished. It's just a small piece! Haha.
Attached Images

Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-05-2011, 5:41 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshugan View Post
that's no moon. It's a space station.

Sorry. Couldn't resist.
rofl!
Old     (surfdoggy)      Join Date: Dec 2009       10-05-2011, 7:10 AM Reply   
Either it reminded me of a tee shirt logo we used for our company (shown below), or I need serious psychological counselling. I think I would flunk a Rorschach test, no doubt.
Photobucket.
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       10-05-2011, 8:32 AM Reply   
I love that you asked for pics..
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       10-05-2011, 10:53 AM Reply   
haha. cant say its meant to be taken as anything like that rob. and thanks nathan. im very pleased with the shading, its exactly like i wanted. and believe it or not, my tattoo guy is only 20!

and guys... i still dont get the moon comment....
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-05-2011, 11:28 AM Reply   
you know, you moon someone... show them your butt? butt=moon. that looks like a nice moon...

Sorry if I ruined a joke. clearly the matter needed to be spelled out though, because a lot of people were confused.
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-05-2011, 11:38 AM Reply   
David, thanks for explaining the iluxor, i couldnt figure that one out. I like it and am glad u have a purpose for each tatoo, that way you will be less likely to regret it later...ie tribal bands, flames, barbed wire OR tige boats tramp stamp

The "moon" is reference the the little black curve line at top right. Looks random but also looks like a naked butt where you can see both cheeks.
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       10-05-2011, 12:06 PM Reply   
took me a while... but i got it now. i had to sit there and squint my eyes for a while to finally see it. but i sell what you mean.
Old     (nuckledragger)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-05-2011, 1:42 PM Reply   
Now that it is explained you can totally see it. Actually can't see it any other way now.
Old    readyaimfire            10-05-2011, 3:14 PM Reply   
No squinting necessary, that's clearly two butt cheeks. Not sure what he was going for with that.